Army of Bohemia 1809 list

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Army of Bohemia 1809 list

Post by deadtorius »

Trying to put together an army of Bohemia 1809 and there seems to be something odd in the list. The notes state that mixed divisions can not have artillery but can have an artillery attachment.

End of the list specifies that artillery attachments can only be given to infantry divisions, but that a mixed division can attach cavalry. So do I strap round shot to the heads of my cavalry attachments horses, or is there a typo in the list? :?

I assume that you can attach artillery to the mixed division and not just the infantry, but would like to make sure I get it right thanks.
hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Army of Bohemia 1809 list

Post by hazelbark »

batteries versus attachments.

You can put in artillery attachments not batteries.

Historically the light divisions has well lighter guns. I think mostly 3 lbs.
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

Yes I agree they were most likely 3 pounders, and horse guns to boot, and not that many available either so the whole attachments only makes sense. Its just a matter of wording in the attachments bottom of page 8 that states that artillery attachments up to 1 per Infantry division. Seems they should say 1 per infantry or Mixed division, which seems to be what they meant to say. Either way my 1809 mixed divisions are getting artillery attachments to a cavalry unit.
Just hoping to avoid any French complaints since the list seems to contradict itself.
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys »

Its just a matter of wording in the attachments bottom of page 8 that states that artillery attachments up to 1 per Infantry division. Seems they should say 1 per infantry or Mixed division, which seems to be what they meant to say. Either way my 1809 mixed divisions are getting artillery attachments to a cavalry unit.
Mixed divisions are allowed to have a single artillery attachment. As you suggest we need to update the restrictions for artillery attachments to "1 per infantry or mixed division".
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

Thats what I thought, thanks Terry :D

Return to “Army Design”