HistorX 2

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

HistorX 2

Post by b20f08 »

Just a heads up.

The next FoGN tourney (HistorX 2) event will be part of our club's premier gaming event Orktoberfest. Two other gaming systems will also share the venue and event.

Venue: Enoggera Bowls Club, Brisbane.

The FoGN component will be 5 games held over 2 days. The games will be an equal mix of standard and scenario-based games.

15mm only. 800 points. Lists can be derived from the FoGN texts Emperors and Eagles or Triumph of Nations books. Or you can use the excellent League of Ancients FoGN army list spreadsheet generator. The same lists, though, will need to be submitted prior to the event for review.

There will be a very generous prize support on offer again.

It will also be the 'official' Queensland State Championships.

Event is scheduled for the last weekend of October, which happens to be 24/25 October (subject to final confirmation from the Club Secretary).

Thus far, we have a Saxon 1812 and a Spanish 1813-4 list expressing interest in wanting to attend, along with the ubiquitous French. There is even talk of a USA 1812 list showing up.
KeefM
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: HistorX 2

Post by KeefM »

Sounds great ... will check the timing for any potential work related issues but I'll probably be there !!

I'll have played a few games with the 1812 French by then, so may venture to bring the 1812 Russians instead; or if I am really in need of a sound thrashing, maybe the 1792 Prussians (who haven't yet made it across to Oz).

Let us know as soon as the dates are certain :-) !!
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Bring your Russian please. Got blue blindness from seeing all those French blue uniforms last event. :D

The Club Secretary informs me the dates still remain 24/25 October. He's just waiting on one of the other event organisers before he locks in the dates.

There won't be much noise made anyway until after late July/early August. Cheers.
KeefM

Post by KeefM »

My tickets are booked (timing is perfect for a concert the weekend afterwards !) ... so, see you 24/25 October ! Will watch this space for you posting up the comp details :-) ...
richafricanus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by richafricanus »

Wow Keith, you're keen! Trying to take all of Australia's trophies back across the Tasman...?
KeefM

Post by KeefM »

Chance would be a fine thing. T'is far more about sensible gaps appearing in work and, mainly, as to what other attractions West Island has for 'the woman of my dreams' at approximately the same time and in roughly the same location :-) !!
richafricanus

Post by richafricanus »

Well I might be able to construct a similar tour from my end, so hopefully we'll see you then, if not back in Melbourne sooner.
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Congrats on the win Keith. Sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for the notification. Will post up a players pack with all the details late Aug, including scenarios, maps, etc.
Rich, that'd be great if the Melbourne boys were to come up. We enjoyed having them up here.
geoff
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by geoff »

b20f08 wrote:Congrats on the win Keith. Sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks for the notification. Will post up a players pack with all the details late Aug, including scenarios, maps, etc.
Rich, that'd be great if the Melbourne boys were to come up. We enjoyed having them up here.
So the weekend is definitely the 24th/25th of October? Any chance of getting them published sooner? Either that or advise start time for Saturday and finish time for Sunday. Just looking at getting in on cheap airfares before it is too late. :)
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Yes, I can confirm that it's definitely the last weekend of October, which is 24/25 October. I will post further and fuller details about the event once the Player's pack is finalised by August.

Start time for both days will be between 8.30 to 9 am.

EDIT: End time on Sunday will be around 4.30 pm.
KeefM

Post by KeefM »

See you in Brizzie :-) !!
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Look forward to it! :D
geoff
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by geoff »

Hi,

I was just looking for accomodation within walking distance of the bowls club. The closest I could find was just short of 3km's away at the Brook Hotel at Mitchelton. I'm happy enough with a 30 minute walk but was just wondering if i have missed something that might be closer.
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

The train line runs behind the Enoggera bowls club so you can also catch the train from M'ton to Enoggera. Save you on the walking

Not sure about these places but here's a link to bring you closer to the event venue.

http://www.hotelsaccommodation.com.au/E ... ueensland/
geoff
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by geoff »

Thanks. That link confirms for me that it is the closest. Good idea about the train but I'll probably do the walk. Not a bad bit of exercise after gaming all day.
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Really don't like this forum login process: logged in to reply to a PM but have to log in again to comment on a forum. So much for universal login. Oh well, their problem, not mine.

Just a quick update. Event PP out in a couple of weeks. Still wrestling with a couple of scenarios.

800 points (plus 40 pts bonus for Pre-Initiatives). LOCs required. All-arm corps please - no Imp Gds or all Cav corps.
adonald
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by adonald »

I'll be there with something Penninsula and British/Portuguese/Spanish to add some colour to what can be a vulgar brawl

Alastair Donald
Auckland, NZ
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Great news Alistair. Look forward to seeing you there. Someone local is keen to run entirely Spanish as it's his favourite nation.
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Info pack available here. There is a facebook page for those entering the event who might have queries about the upcoming event and/or scenarios. Address such questions there if you get no reply here as I'll check this forum occasionally. Cheers.

EDIT: General Info pack has been updated. See latest post. Cheers.
Last edited by b20f08 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeefM

Post by KeefM »

Coolio !!! . . . and, does the 'normal' games on the first day mean that we need to bring our own terrain along for 'normal' terrain setting purposes ?

Presumably, the second day scenario's will then have pre-set terrain ?

Can't wait !!

Return to “Tournaments, Demos & Opponents”