Android Nexus 7 2013 - Intermittent Crash

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Thalinor
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Android Nexus 7 2013 - Intermittent Crash

Post by Thalinor »

Model: Nexus 7 2013
Android: 4.3
Kernel: (Stock) 3.4.0-g6537a16
Build: JSS15Q

Crash to homescreen is intermittent. Usually when I cam kicking the french's ass and they are running away. I can't get through the English mission where you ambush the french (Mission 4?) as every time they start to run the app crashes. The problem is that I am not being prompted to send a crash report, so I have no idea what is actually causing the crash or I would provide a crash report and feedback on the exact issue here on the forums. I have worked with many Android devs to fix issues through crash reports. I do not know if the ability to send crash reports is you have to add to your app, or if the crash is not registering with the OS as an actual crash so it does not prompt to send the report? This was happening before I bought the full version ($14) but not as much as it is now, especially on this one mission. Before it was random and I could restart the app and redo the mission successfully; this one mission always crashes though and is making progression impossible.

According to my system monitor During gameplay the tablet never comes close to using all the available ram and the cpu never maxes out. This is not a matter of specs, its a bug. I have reboot the tablet, tried running the app with nothing else running in the background, wifi off/on, and tried advanced graphics setting off/on (it runs amazing with advanced graphics on the N7' 2013 accept for this crash).

I really don't want to clear the cache and lose my progress. If you can provide an update that allows us to export/backup our savegame life would be so much easier to troubleshoot. I don't know why you cant just export progress into a text file that the game reads using an import setting. Cheaters will be cheaters; there is no reason the rest of us have to suffer because someone is worried about people modifying a savegame file or something. I paid for the game and have no interest in blowing through it quickly by cheating, I just want a way to back up my progress so I can try things like clearing the cache or re-installing the game. It would also be nice so I can rebuild the tablet, which will probably have to be done in a few months anyway as that is typical with android devices.

You get me the ability to send crash reports and I will work with you to fix the issue.

Keep up the good work; it's too bad creative assembly couldn't be bothered to release their garbage Shogun Android app like yours, because android really needs more quality RTS games! Would love to buy a full blown RTS with combat like this one, but with building, city management, diplomacy, etc. Possibly a sequel?

Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed you have some amazing games for the iPad. I know android is fragmented and a b*tch to deal with because of that fragmentation, but there are a few android devices that have sold VERY well. Why not just focus on those devices, like the Nexus and Galaxy product lines? I hate to limit other manufactures, but one of these days Google will get the hint and stop f*cking around. I have been pushing for pure android on every android device which would solve the fragmentation issue. There is no reason manufactures can't just design their own home.apk interface (plus hardware plugin apk's) instead of bastardizing the entire OS. Anyway, if you are on the fence about further android development, please give it a shot with a targeted group of successful devices? Would love to play some of your other games!
bassani2009
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Android Nexus 7 2013 - Intermittent Crash

Post by bassani2009 »

Hi Thalinor

I do apologise for the issues you are experiencing. I'm going to contact the developer about this and get back to you when I get feedback.

Kind Regards

Christian Bassani
The Slitherine Group
bassani2009
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bassani2009 »

Hi Thalinor

The developers been able to look at it and has reproduced the issue. It seems to be a driver issue on your device. This issue is also crashing other android games that are running on your device. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do other than wait for a fix to be released from Google.

Apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Christian Bassani
The Slitherine Group
Thalinor

Post by Thalinor »

Thanks for the reply. Can they at least let Google know exactly what the issue is so they can fix it? Asus makes the tablet so they should also know its an issue. I have a bunch of high end games and none are crashing. I have had a few crashes with other apps and always get a crash report to send. I am trying to be proactive on this because we both know no one who can fix the issur really gives a crap. I finally made it past that one mission but it still keeps crashing every few minutes. The game cost $14; I am not looking for a refund just to be able to play it with out crashing every few minutes.

Thanks.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It a widely reported issue so they are aware and have said they are fixing it. Unfortunately there isn't much else we can do. It sounds a bit lame but we are in their hands.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”