iPad controls and unit paths/routes

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

leci
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

iPad controls and unit paths/routes

Post by leci »

I note that when issuing orders to units they do not always move, true for rear rank units but importantly true for front rank units even though a blue path/route is clearly shown.

What do yellow paths indicate? Logically as a blue path/route can then turn into a yellow path/route, am I correct in assuming that yellow incidents danger, unknown territory?

Often selecting one unit movement results in another unit moving down the indicated path/route while the originally selected unit does not move. Are units linked? If so, how do I determine the linkage/hierarchy?

What do yellow and red 'circular targets' indicate?

I assume that when selecting a unit the circle surrounded by arrow points indicates automatic engagement against enemy units? Correct?

All the above questions, indicate a very weak tutorial system while also highlighting the lack of an online/in game manual.

Gilles
My directory of Battle Academy Playable Mods & Scenarios at viewtopic.php?f=87&t=43167

Gilles
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iPad controls and unit paths/routes

Post by IainMcNeil »

The yellow and blue just show tiles in a units shooting range. Units will move where you tell them but their aggression level may mean they react to enemy units nearby and override your orders. You can adjust the aggression level by tapping it. Targeting an enemy unit means you will shoot it or move to it and shoot when in range or charge to Melee if you have no missile weapons.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”