Deployment pre-battle xbox 360

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Sn0b0rder26
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Deployment pre-battle xbox 360

Post by Sn0b0rder26 »

Some missions limit the amount of units that you can have. Is there a way to switch the units that you're able to use? I know how to move and redeploy the units that it gives me but they're not necessarily the ones that I want to use for that mission. How do you undeploy a specific unit and then redeploy a different one in it's spot?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deployment pre-battle xbox 360

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes you just undeploy the squad you don't want to use. You cant undeploy your leader or allied units so this may have been your problem? I don't remember the button you need to press but there are not many options so it should be relatively easy to work out! The controls info should also list it.
Hoplite39
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Deployment pre-battle xbox 360

Post by Hoplite39 »

I had this problem as well and it took me time to work it out. In fact at first I found I was removing units and didn't know how to get them back. But I've worked it out now.

I have a PS3, but I can help out assuming that the button configuration is identical.

The first thing to remember is that all your units are presented in a row in the bottom of the screen below the map. The coloured ones are deployed and the greyed out ones are not deployed. If you press the right and left trigger buttons, this will schroll through each of your unites.

If you want remove a unit, put the cursor over it on the map and press A to select the unit. The press Y to remove the unit. If you want to immediatelt put the unit in a different square, just put the cursor over the empty square and press Y again.

If you don't want to put in a new square immediately, then move to a new unit. This can be done by either by putting the cursor over another unit and pressing A or you can select a different unit via the trigger buttons as mention above.

To deploy an undeployed unit: Put the cursor over the empyt square you want to deploy the unit in. Use the shoulder button to select the greyed out unti you want. Then press Y and the unit will deploy in the selected square.

Your General is different as you cannot deselect him. But you can move him to an adjacent square by putting th curson on him, pressing A and moving the curson to the next empty square.

In later battles deplyment can be important. The best thing to do is simply to deselect all units by pressing A and Y as mentioned above. The you go through each unit using the trigger buttons and deploy in the relevant square using Y.

I hope this has helped.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”