Briene 1814

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Briene 1814

Post by hazelbark »

Ran this scenario yesterday. Players didn't really know what it meant.

about 1300 points a side.

Result very historical. Blucher's force savaged but the French unable to exploit to decisive victory. Have a little bit of travel so will post details later.

So far have played Talavera, Marengo and now Brienne. All 3 had very historical outcomes or outcomes with the realm of history. In many ways I am finding the historical scenarios more rewarding than even points. Even though I am usually not playing as the Umpire.
MikeHorah
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Briene 1814

Post by MikeHorah »

hazelbark wrote:
So far have played Talavera, Marengo and now Brienne. All 3 had very historical outcomes or outcomes with the realm of history. In many ways I am finding the historical scenarios more rewarding than even points. Even though I am usually not playing as the Umpire.
Yes I find scenarios historically based or otherwise much more fun to plan, stage and play. I tend not to worry too much whether about a refight matches history - at least for iconic battles - as hindsight can play a big part and once the timeline changes .... .

Hidden scenarios are good - a battle of one era set in the time of another ( needs an umpire to keep that a secret) although if you need gamers to behave cautiously or act as if they are not actually expecting to fight a battle ( eg Mars le Tour in 1870) you can be out of luck. Wargamers expect to fight a battle which is why they turned up!

About to do a FOG(AM) 100 yrs war cheavauchee tomorrow , 15mm on a 12x6 table- will a Poitiers happen or not?

Return to “Scenarios, AAR's, Lists, Modelling and more”