Minima for Allied Divisions

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

flipdidip
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Minima for Allied Divisions

Post by flipdidip »

Hello,
i am new to napoleonic but familiar to the other fog systems.

When creating an army list of "Triumph of Nations", for example the List "French Imperial Guard 1809" and choose the option to include a single divison from "French Infantry Corps d'Armee 1809",
then the division must obey their own lists special rules. Sometimes restrictions regarding minima of the list are explicitly ignored/changed. In this case not. So the only way to obey Cavalry and Infantry minima would be a mixed division.
This mix Division would conflict the rules at some points: Maximum of 4 Infantry/mixed division, Mixed divisions may not be used in French Imperial Guard.

I think it's very likely i misunderstand the rules.

Thanks for help
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Minima for Allied Divisions

Post by Blathergut »

You are right. The division you import would be a mixed division since you can't escape the light cavalry minimum. This mixed division does not conflict with the Guard requirement of no mixed divisions which only applies to Guard units from the Guard list. So it is a way to get a mixed division into your Guard corps. Sometimes, as you mention, the lists state to import one type or the other, ignoring the minimums of the troops not used, but not in this case.
flipdidip

Post by flipdidip »

Does that mean the maximum of 4 infantry brigardes in a mixed division can be conflicted, as it is not possible to recruit less than 6 infantry brigardes due to the minimum requirements?
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

flipdidip wrote:Does that mean the maximum of 4 infantry brigardes in a mixed division can be conflicted, as it is not possible to recruit less than 6 infantry brigardes due to the minimum requirements?
Not sure what you mean.

-1809 French Infantry Corps...divide all minimums by 3...so the only thing you must have in that imported mixed division is: 1 small unit Ave Dr Line + 1 small unit Ave Con + 1 small unit Ave Dr arty + 1 small unit Ave Dr LCav
flipdidip

Post by flipdidip »

Thank you very much, i missed the "divide by 3 rule".

Return to “Rules Questions”