impetuous charges

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

pugsville
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

impetuous charges

Post by pugsville »

(1) (a)do impetuses troops test to charge when behind another unit that has already declared a charge? (b) if they do test and charge does it pre-empt the first units charge?

(2) impetuous unit charges the target evades due to being wider (large) the the charging units encounters a friendly unit does it burst through or stop it's charge (could apply to non-impetuous charges too)
bahdahbum
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: impetuous charges

Post by bahdahbum »

1) If an ennemy is in range, the impetuous unit WILL HAVE TO charge or pass a test not to . If the unit in front also charges, all will depend on the situation . My guess is that at most of the times, the second unit, the rear one will have to stop and stay as a rear support unit . But the front unit will not cancel it's charge. You first declare charges and after you try to controll impetueus units ( if need be )

2) I have not my rules here but the charging unit will burst trough if possible, stay in front if impossible and anyway the friendly unit in the way will have to test as if burst trough
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: impetuous charges

Post by deadtorius »

Impetuous charge goes through regardless.

The non impetuous charger has the option of charging the new target or not so can opt to not charge through its friends.

Also the normal charge restrictions apply for the non impetuous charger, so unless they could pass a CMT normally, same divison, lights or artillery, they can't charge the new target. I would think you would still have to pass a new CMT to charge through friends with the non impetuous unit. The non impetuous unit would then treat it as a normal charge, no burst through.

Return to “Rules Questions”