Portugal hosts The Worlds 2015

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

JDiogo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by JDiogo »

Lisbon, 11- 13 September
We at AJSP are very proud to host this year’s edition of The Worlds wargaming event.
We have confirmed so far the following tournaments:
FOG (AM)
FOG (R)
L’Art de la Guerre
Saga
DBA 3.0
X-Wing
The venue is the fantastic Museu de Marinha, located in Belém, one of the main touristic areas of Lisbon.
FOG and FOG(R) tournaments will start on Friday, whilst the other systems will have games on Saturday and Sunday only.
The ticket (which can be acquired through our dedicated website with Paypal) will include catering meals for Saturday and Sunday lunches and, in the case of tournaments with games on Friday, also for an evening meal on this day.
You can find a lot of details like tournament rules, timetables, location, etc. on the website, which will be available in six languages:

Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.

Gather your army, plan your trip, bring an happy face and you are very welcome to invade Portugal and come to play together.
We’ll do our best to make it an unforgettable experience for you and for us all.
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Portugal hosts The Worlds 2015

Post by petedalby »

This is the link that was removed.

http://www.ajsportugal.org/TheWorlds_AJSPortugal/

Hope to be there.
Pete
Fluffy
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Fluffy »

Out of curiosity, how many entries do you have for FoG (AM)?
davidandlynda
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by davidandlynda »

There are 29 of us ,the runners and riders are in the tournaments thread
David
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Sadly Brett Kvisle has had to return home so we should be 28.
Pete
blackbeard66
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by blackbeard66 »

Hi,

Dave told me there are a few people arriving early and looking for some sightseeing.
We have nothing official scheduled for Thursday, but in case there's anyone interested, I live in Torres Vedras and I'll be making a local tour on a Napoleonic theme during this Thursday.
If you are interested, contact me by PM and I'll give you the details.

Looking forward to see you guys in Lisboa.

Cheers,
Fernando
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Just wanted to record my thanks to our Portuguese hosts for organising a superb tournament. The venue was terrific and it was a joy to have individual tables – so much easier to get around. Having the dice provided was also a big plus.

Martin Wirt did a terrific job in checking the lists, umpiring and sorting out the draws – well done Martin!

Thanks also to each of my opponents – Martin, Paul Johnston, Goncaolo, Alan Cutner, Frederic and L’Empereur! 6 great games with players from France, Portugal, Germany, Scotland & England.

The match ups against Martin & Goncaolo were very favourable for me. Paul was undone by his Knights failing to deliver at impact. Alan & Frederic were the toughest opponents with their Han Chinese and could easily have beaten me. Alan had a string of poor dice throws that cost him 8AP. Frederic was looking good until a general died and his flank collapsed. My game vs Guillaume was fun but maybe I made the wrong terrain choice given his army composition.

All in all a great weekend – thanks to everyone who took part.
Pete

Return to “Tournaments & Opponents”