Field of Glory: Rise of Rome and Decline and Fall

Forum for technical support for the digital reader version of Field of Glory.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

msu7151
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Field of Glory: Rise of Rome and Decline and Fall

Post by msu7151 »

I just purchased these two games, but, once again, I can't install them. It says I need to install the original game. I have had the original game installed for over one year with many of the other scenarios added. Now what?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Field of Glory: Rise of Rome and Decline and Fall

Post by zakblood »

please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk

if the pc has been updated to lets say windows 10 in the mean time, it may not work, then you will need to uninstall and reinstall the base game and then again put the DLC's back on.

some common problems are,

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

Return to “Tech Support”