fog ancient/medieval core rulebook pc reader probs

Forum for technical support for the digital reader version of Field of Glory.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

warchirf
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

fog ancient/medieval core rulebook pc reader probs

Post by warchirf »

hi,

i have the latest patch 2.04 for the PC reader. my problem is that i cannot zoom in or alter the document any which way ([pgeup/dwn] to change pages - doesn't work; [ctrl+r] to rotate - doesn't work; [esc] to open menu - doesn't work... etc). I've read the 'instructions/help' but nothing works. am i missing something? or did i get a dodgy download? (its hard to read on the PC and i don't own an apple... if i could just zoom in it would be acceptable...) any help?
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: fog ancient/medieval core rulebook pc reader probs

Post by batesmotel »

Your only hope is for a major rewrite for the PC version which doesn't seem very likely as far as I can tell. Basically the reader displays the rules at a fixed resolution with no options to resize or zoom in or out. The reader isn't written by Slitherine so they are at the mercy of Abannan, the company that provides it. I believe the reader is sized for 768x1024 (earlier iPad resolution on the original iPad) so is usable on a PC display that comes close to or exceeds the 1024 pixel height. (My laptop is 1600x900 so it's usable.) I normally use the up and down arrow keys to navigate within a section and the left and right arrow keys to navigate between sections of the rules. I wouldn't normally use the digital version to play a game since I don't want to cart my laptop around to a tournament but fine them quite usable for checking rules or when planning an army list.

I keep hoping that Abannan will decide to support Android eventually but that doesn't seem forthcoming any time soon at this point.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
Brigz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Brigz »

I just purchased the FoG reader and I am very disappointed. I can display the Contents viewer but it is blurred and unreadable. When I click on a page it takes me to a blank screen. It is virtually useless.

Also it asks for a serial number when entering a book volume. The rule books don't come with a serial number.

Where can I go to get some help running this program?
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

I went to support@slitherine.com and Joe Miller wrote back within a day and had my rulebook up and running beautifully. Excellent customer service!

Dave B.

Return to “Tech Support”