Problem loading rules with PC eReader

Forum for technical support for the digital reader version of Field of Glory.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

doliphant
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Problem loading rules with PC eReader

Post by doliphant »

I have a similar issue to the one that was posted here
viewtopic.php?f=183&t=43209

I had entered a reply on this post being related but since I've had no reply thought it may be best to start a new post.

The ereader loads fine but its the download of the rules that keeps going into a continuous loop. Always on file 12 or 37. It will get 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through then clear and appear to start the download of that file again. I originally tried the download on a new Win 7 PC (Home Premium). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I tried on a second PC also running Win 7 and the same issue arises. I'm using the v2.0.3 reader but the other post indicated there may be a new reader that fixes this issue. My purchase was just over a week ago so would have thought this is the latest.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem loading rules with PC eReader

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. I have passed this on to the dev team and they'll look as soon as possible. Sorry for the late reply but we have been away all last week at Historicon at our annual press event.
doliphant

Post by doliphant »

I don't know whether something has been fixed up on the server end but I tried this morning again and it downloaded. Hooray!! I did notice that the download rate was much faster than previous tries so if nothing was corrected I wonder whether there are timeout periods that would have caused the initial looping? ...anyway now up and running. Thanks.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I've not heard back yet so not sure if they fixed it or it just started working....
TheAgencyStar
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by TheAgencyStar »

Having a hell of a time trying to download the core rules. Just freezes on file 12.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
TheAgencyStar

Post by TheAgencyStar »

cricket....cricket....cricket. :(
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry we missed this - are you still having problems? If so what exactly is the issue? Is it PC, iPad, Mac? When does it fail?
Maxshadow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Maxshadow »

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. Everything seems to load up fine but all I get is blank grey with question marks.
I've deleted and reloaded about 5 times same same.
I use PC with windows 7 with plenty of RAM and processor speed and Avira anti virus.
SSLConf_luindir
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SSLConf_luindir »

I have the same problem, the client loaded and the rulebook download worked, but when clicking on the rulebook it's all grey and opening the content there is a list of squares with question marks.

The client PC is 2.0.3 version, both client and rulebook were downloaded today for the first time.
Windows 7.
SSLConf_luindir

Post by SSLConf_luindir »

Sorry just noticed that the last update is 2.0.4, updated both the software and the book and now everything is fine!
Maxshadow
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Maxshadow »

Yeah never worked for me. So didn't receive either the rule book or rise of rome. Fell doubly ripped off.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you're having any problems please update to the latest version and if that doesn't work contact support and they'll help you out.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

If you still have issues after updating the reader please just contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk

Return to “Tech Support”