Technical issues

Forum for technical support for the digital reader version of Field of Glory.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Technical issues

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

we know a number of your are having technical issues and the team are working to fix them. We met with some people at Essen and they showed us some of the problems. The really annoying thing is we repeated the bugs on our iPads and they didn't occur. This is why they slipped through - there must be some combination of hardware and OS and button presses that leads to issues on iPad.

On the PC download issues we're unsure why some people are having problems and others are ok but we're working to resolve.

Thanks for your patience and we will have more soon and new versions ASAP.
askkurtwhat
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Technical issues

Post by askkurtwhat »

I am on the Operation Sealion in the Stop Line scenario and the turn advance button won't work about half way through. How do I fix this?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is a forum for the Field of Glory tabletop rules. You need to go here - viewforum.php?f=87
Selaurant
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Selaurant »

Ian

I just purchased and am trying to download the iPad App version of the rules now and itid frustratingly slow, if not hung up. It got to downloadng module 35 of 37 and appears to have smply stopped. I try pressing download again and nothing appears to happen. Cecking other sites (including this post) and my internet connection is still working.

I am running IOS 6.1.3 (up to date) on an iPad 2.

Please advise

Thanks

Scott
Selaurant

Post by Selaurant »

OK the App has now fully loaded and works fine. (Took hours. Even with broadband line).

Have you ever considered some advice warning people how long a download will take? Of course, you may lose business if you do :(
RobKhan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by RobKhan »

Hi,
I had to reinstall my Windows 7 64 bit operating system due to work related issues. I backed up my FoG installer to an external drive thinking it would then be easy to reinstall my Reader. But when I want to reinstall it I get a repair option to execute which then leads to 2 message boxes. th efirst says Installation failed - COuld not query info: Invalid HTTP Status code (404). the second box was Installing Components - Downloading the runtime(1.2.0.RC6e).....but nothing downloads.

I'm not good at this stuff - how can I get my Rules back please? Sorry, I am refering to the FoG AM rules

Cheers
Robkhan
"Merry it was to laugh there
Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
For power was on us as we slashed bones bare.
Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder." Wilfred Owen 1893-1918.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

RobKhan wrote:Hi,
I had to reinstall my Windows 7 64 bit operating system due to work related issues. I backed up my FoG installer to an external drive thinking it would then be easy to reinstall my Reader. But when I want to reinstall it I get a repair option to execute which then leads to 2 message boxes. th efirst says Installation failed - COuld not query info: Invalid HTTP Status code (404). the second box was Installing Components - Downloading the runtime(1.2.0.RC6e).....but nothing downloads.

I'm not good at this stuff - how can I get my Rules back please? Sorry, I am refering to the FoG AM rules

Cheers
Robkhan
You should try deleting the directory and all the files from the original installation directory. I suspect that will fix the problem.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
SSLConf_gull2112

Post by SSLConf_gull2112 »

How do I download the V2.04 reader? The solution for my problem seems to be to update from v.2.3. This is for PC win 7.
Also, I was hoping to read this on my kindle because reading on the computer sucks. Is the e-file in a format that Kindle can convert?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

gull2112 wrote:How do I download the V2.04 reader? The solution for my problem seems to be to update from v.2.3. This is for PC win 7.
Also, I was hoping to read this on my kindle because reading on the computer sucks. Is the e-file in a format that Kindle can convert?
You can download it from the link below:
http://www.slitherine.com/files/fog/rea ... v2.0.4.msi

Edit: Sorry I missed the Kindle question. There isn't any version compatible with Kindle devices.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

gull2112 wrote:How do I download the V2.04 reader? The solution for my problem seems to be to update from v.2.3. This is for PC win 7.
The only supported platforms are Windows, MacOS, and I/OS (tablets only I believe, not iPhone). There is no Android support and the reader is an app, not just a document format like a PDF or Mobi format (Used by the Kindle).

Chris
RobKhan

Post by RobKhan »

"You should try deleting the directory and all the files from the original installation directory. I suspect that will fix the problem.

Chris"

Isn't that what happened when I reinstalled my operating system -everything was deleted, then all I had on my laptop was "the back to the beginning" Windows 7?

Cheers
Rob
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

RobKhan wrote:"You should try deleting the directory and all the files from the original installation directory. I suspect that will fix the problem.

Chris"

Isn't that what happened when I reinstalled my operating system -everything was deleted, then all I had on my laptop was "the back to the beginning" Windows 7?

Cheers
Rob
It depends on how you do the reinstall. If you don't tell Windows to format the disk partition where Windows will be installed, you should be able to preserve user files. If you did the reinstall using rescue disks or a rescue partition, it may not let you make the choice.

Chris
RobKhan

Post by RobKhan »

Hi,

I have cleaned up the directory and reinstalled it again. It is now on my C drive and is installed. But now when I try to open I get a window with the Slitherine header but the window is mostly blank white. Nothing displays.
Cheers
Robkhan
RobKhan

Post by RobKhan »

HI All who work at or Support Slitherine, I still have not received a reply to my problem opening the FoGAM rules reader, and I need them very soon.

So I have edited out my complaint because as Murphy continues to rule, my reader now works :oops: :oops: :o :D :D :D
The annoying thing is I don't know why, but that's the norm for my relationship with computer technology
Cheers
Robkhan - "the dumb user."
fruitbat49

Post by fruitbat49 »

I've just downloaded the PC version of FoG 2.0 - I got the 2.03 version first and only spotted that there was a later version by looking through the forum!

In any event, neither seem to work. I am running a windows 8.1 system with standard windows firewall - I've specifcally allowed the reader access through the firewall. BUT all I seem to get is the cover images for the sections, when I click on the links nothing happens. When I was running the 2.03 version I didn't even see the cover images.

Is this terminally broken, if not how do I fix it?

Regards,

John
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Hi John,

Please try the following:
1. Launch the reader and delete the downloaded ebook, by pressing the “i” displayed on the top right and clicking next on the "Delete" button.
2. After having doing this, please uninstall the reader.
3. Open the folder where the reader was installed, and delete any file or folder that might still be there after having uninstalled it.
4. Download the last reader version from the following link: http://www.slitherine.com/files/fog/rea ... v2.0.4.msi
5. Install it and redownload your ebooks again.
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

Dear Sirs: I have been trying to purchase The PC versions of Wolves from the Sea and Oath of Fealty on line but with nothing happening? I hit buy now but nothing happens??? I had purchased the earlier versions on line so I don't understand whats wrong? I have the old Vista system, could that be the problem? I have downloaded to the new version and had no problem? :? :( :oops: :roll: :?: Okie
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Are you referring to the games or to the ebooks?
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

The game! :(
RagnarOneTooth
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by RagnarOneTooth »

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 429: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 212: Illegal string offset 'entopic_notify'

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class template could not be converted to string in /home/slitherine/public_html/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 212
a number of us getting this error when posting to viewtopic.php?f=494&t=84764 in forum since that last windows 10 update, posts still go through but we don't get taken to the post screen, I was also getting something similar with pms. strangely didn't do it when I posted here.

Return to “Tech Support”