Sealion and Axis supply

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Sealion and Axis supply

Post by Plaid »

Have not done Sealion for years, but when I did, I've noted interesting thing.

Axis have several legit supply sources, but all troops not adjacent to cities/resources still have supply 1 instead of 3 you normally get from city. That rule makes sense for African deserts, but strange for European territory with good infrastructure, like England.

Same is true for Sicily by the way supply is 3 near cities and 1 far from them for both sides, no matter who controls Rome.

So question - is that intended effect or bug of some sort?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Sealion and Axis supply

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I need a save game to check this. It seems to me that island supply is used for the Axis units landing in Britain. That means you have to be adjacent to a resource to get supply higher than 1. Does this change when London falls? Then Germany should get normal supply.

Maybe it's not so bad as one would first think because the Axis would have had problems getting supplies over to England until the area was pretty much secured. It would take time to get the transportation system up and running because trains and trucks would have to be sent across the English channel instead of just moving from Germany.

Sicily is a side effect of being an island where they don't get major supply from the capital. It feels a bit awkward, but it makes it easier for the Allies to get ashore even when the Axis garrison every hex on the island.

If we allowed supply to flow through ports to islands then we would have an issue with
Northern Africa because Gibraltar can then send supply into Spanish Morocco. If the Axis capture Spain and Gibraltar they can send major supply into North Africa.
JyriErik
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by JyriErik »

I can answer that. The Germans do get reguar supply once London falls.

Jyri
Plaid

Post by Plaid »

That's island supply model used indeed. After German capture London they get free supply and rail capacity, as before.
But new supply rules make landing in Britain even less attractive option.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”