Crazy glitch in current PBEM game using 4.029

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

GeneralButtercup82
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Crazy glitch in current PBEM game using 4.029

Post by GeneralButtercup82 »

Starting in November 1943 our game started reporting odd events. The situation: Axis has conquered all of Africa and Middle East, is pushing up the Caucasus coast. The glitch started with a report at the end of an Axis turn that both Egypt and Iraq had joined the Allies! And that Churchill was rushing new forces to the Med. Nothing happened but when the next Axis turn started it reported that Egypt and Iraq had surrendered and then, two War Event screens later they both joined the Allies again!

Now we are in January 1944 and suddenly 4 UK Inf and 4 BBs showed up in Egypt - spawning in Port Said, Suez and two more by Suez while the BBs are in the Red Sea. Interestingly the 4 Inf are two pairs - two 2nd New Zealand and two 8th Australian.

Just started the Feb 7, 1944 turn, both countries surrendered, both joined the Allies again and 2 more BBs have popped into the Red Sea for a total of 6!

The Allied player has agreed to not move these units and the Axis will simply ignore them too so we are good, so far.

Has anyone else reported such an odd glitch?
Your Turn,
General Buttercup
generalbuttercup82@gmail.com
fangotango
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Crazy glitch in current PBEM game using 4.029

Post by fangotango »

I ran into the same thing while familiarizing myself with the new version (final 4.0 version) by playing the AI. If you eliminate the British units, they just come back the next turn, and always doubled.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I can you try with this version of game.class

https://www.dropbox.com/s/re2p0wcl2upzm ... class?dl=0

Download the file and place it in the game folder under the main folder. Take a backup of your old game.class first. Then rerun a turn where you have the issue and check if it disappears now.
Last edited by Peter Stauffenberg on Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

This issue only seems to happen when both Iraq and Egypt (which represents the British protectorate consisting of Egypt, Palestine, Trans-Jordan and Kuwait) are conquered.

Iraq is conquered when Baghdad and Basra are captured. Egypt is conquered when Cairo and Kuwait are conquered. So it's very rare this situation can occur.

There was a test for German units in Libya to activate Egypt which would activate Iraq if Iraq was not active.

However, that is only supposed to happen when neither of the countries are at war and not conquered, i. e. when they are neutral. I added code to check that neither of the countries are conquered.
fangotango
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fangotango »

This problem just popped up in a pbem game. It happened two turns in a row. I tried your fix, but it did not work. Each turn two British corps units spawn in Egypt, and a battleship. If it continues, they will fill up all of Egypt!

I attempted the fix on the file that is the second turn of the spawning.
fangotango
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fangotango »

Turns out the fix did not take effect, and the spawning of British units in Egypt continued. There are now four British corps units in Egypt, and the messages about Egypt and Iraq joining the Allies continue. I thought I followed the directions properly. Any suggestions?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

For the fix to take effect you need BOTH players to use the new file and go back to a save file from before Egypt surrendered. Otherwise the state of Egypt is messed up
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

The other thing to do is download the last version and start new games with 4.030. I am amazed that players are still trying to play games with on out mode version that was for beta test before release.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

pk867 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:12 pm The other thing to do is download the last version and start new games with 4.030. I am amazed that players are still trying to play games with on out mode version that was for beta test before release.
Hi Paul , How are you ! Long time no see ! :D BTW, would you please provide the final download address of 4.030 ?
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

link - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=83056#p709624

This is the version that was released on March 2018. This is version 4.030 PC and Mac.
Both players have to download this version and START NEW GAMES. You can not continue playing games started with earlier versions. The earlier versions have bugs which are not corrected by starting to play the game with version 4.030.

4.030 has the least bugs.

Regards.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I posted a fix to v4.030 a month or so ago on the forum for some obscure bugs. It's a change to game.class. That must be added to the PC version and a new MAC version must be created.

Link to this post is here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=90064#p807009

This is what the actual post in the thread says:
Download this file for deployment issue on airfields. Now you can't place land units in the Gibraltar or Malta airfields.

This fix also fixes the unit spawn when Egypt surrenders and Bandar Pahlavi port unload.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/re2p0wcl2upzm ... class?dl=0

Game.class should be placed in the main installation folder for the game and the game subfolder there. Please remember to backup the old game.class first.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I guess this version can be called GS v4.031
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

message received ! Thanks Borger ! Thanks Paul !

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”