Great work ! Many thanks !

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Great work ! Many thanks !

Post by Morris »

Finally ,we got the final 4.0 GS CEAW !! :D :D It is really a perfect opus by our great team !! Thanks for your great efforts !! This is a great game ! & it will be a great game forever !
laramieela
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Great work ! Many thanks !

Post by laramieela »

I do thoroughly agree that this is an excellent upgrade, but let me relate an odd issue. I have a gaming opponent with whom I have played this game since 1.0 version. We both continue to upgrade. This upgrade ran into a problem. We played two turns and then we got a message, each of us, that the opponent's file was an older version. Any idea of what is going on and how to fix?
Thanks
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

The version released is not compatible with previous versions and new games need to be started.

Sorry for the inconvienence.
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

Thank you for the reply. We started a new game with the 4.0 update, played two turns and then got an error massage that the file was an older version.
Redpossum
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Redpossum »

laramieela wrote:Thank you for the reply. We started a new game with the 4.0 update, played two turns and then got an error massage that the file was an older version.
I had that happen to me a couple times during my most recent 4.0 beta PBEM game, and each time I just re-downloaded my opponent's turn, restarted CEAW, tried again, and it worked fine.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

If you get a message that the save file is an older version then it means that some class files used to store game data have a different version.

E. g. if you one of the players hasn't installed the latest GS v4.0 from scratch then an older file might cause this to happen.

The easiest solution is for both players to install GS v4.0 from the same source. E. g. the official Slitherine GS v4.0 installer. Link is in a sticky thread on the forum.

If the problem persists then you could send a save game to me to check if I can open it.
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

Redpossum's solution of re-downloading has worked for now.
If we need the reinstall option, I will report back.
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

What seems to have done the trick is to set the game to play in Vista (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode. We have had a few turns without issue. Thanks to all for advice and help.
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

Peter Stauffenberg wrote:If you get a message that the save file is an older version then it means that some class files used to store game data have a different version.

E. g. if you one of the players hasn't installed the latest GS v4.0 from scratch then an older file might cause this to happen.

The easiest solution is for both players to install GS v4.0 from the same source. E. g. the official Slitherine GS v4.0 installer. Link is in a sticky thread on the forum.

If the problem persists then you could send a save game to me to check if I can open it.
Attachments
PBEM Restart Gene Allies John Axis.zip
Game would not allow us to continue.
(183.41 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

Not sure of password, I will ask
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Are each of you running your turns on the same PC you started the game with? Did you decide to run with automatic passwords?

The password generator checks values unique to each PC or MAC. So if you e. g. played turns on your home PC and decided to run on your work PC then it won't work. If you will run on different PCs then you have to use manual password.
laramieela

Post by laramieela »

As always, thanks for your reply. We use manual passwords and we both have our own a dedicated 'game' computer.
We have each retry be successful in playing one and a half turns. It always has issues loading the game file on my opponent's computer.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”