Possible 4.029 Glitch

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

GeneralButtercup82
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Possible 4.029 Glitch

Post by GeneralButtercup82 »

Has anyone else seen this happen. Axis forces captured all Egyptian cities many months ago and are now advancing through Syria and Persia. Have been getting reports of Egyptian partisans for the past 3 to 4 turns but have never seen one. Now it's July 1942 and, without any Axis units remaining in Egypt at turn end the system reported that Egypt has surrendered to Italy!

Anyone else had that experience? Did not affect play, except for a couple air units making unneeded "check to see" moves trying to find the phantom partisans.
Your Turn,
General Buttercup
generalbuttercup82@gmail.com
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Possible 4.029 Glitch

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I Guess you're playing against the AI since you must have captured both Cairo and Kuwait to make this happen. That rarely happens against a human player.

For us to check this we need to get either a save game or screenshots of your game.

Egypt is not supposed to spawn any partisans.
GeneralButtercup82

Post by GeneralButtercup82 »

I am playing a PBEM game and yes, I did in fact just capture Kuwait with a sea landing in it's capital with an Italian unit. Is that enough or do you still need the screen shot? Thanks,
Your Turn,
General Buttercup
generalbuttercup82@gmail.com
Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Plaid »

I've seen message "Partisans in Egypt" in recent PBEM game, while Allies controlled both Kuwait and Cairo. No actual partisan unit has spawned though.
Have seen messages about Vichy partisans aswell (nowhere to be found on the field too).
Redpossum
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Redpossum »

Plaid wrote:I've seen message "Partisans in Egypt" in recent PBEM game, while Allies controlled both Kuwait and Cairo. No actual partisan unit has spawned though.
Have seen messages about Vichy partisans aswell (nowhere to be found on the field too).
I am Plaid's Allied opponent in this game. I am still using 4.026, since that was current when we started. He did not hold either Cairo or Kuwait, I was (barely) holding him back at El Alamein, so he occupied only a few hexes of Egypt. We both saw the message about Egyptian partisans, but none appeared.

I felt robbed, let me tell you, cheated of my elite Egyptian partisans, no doubt the Italians would have been wetting themselves in terror (/irony)

More recently there have been multiple messages about Vichy partisans, but I have seen none.

That said, Stauffenberg, you and your team have done magnificent work with this mod. It is truly a masterpiece :)

Having started in 1939, Plaid and I are down to the last 5 turns of the game, and aside from the trivial partisan weirdness above, there have been no bugs to report at all. Everything works very well.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I think I've found the reason for this glitched and moved some game code to Ensure it doesn't count partisans that is later set to have strength 0 and thus won't spawn on the map. Some countries aren't supposed to have partisans like Egypt and Vichy France (real French partisans will spawn there instead for the Allies).

This is a link to a game.class file that will hopefully fix the issue. Can you please try it out and report back?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnibuqrh5k2kp ... class?dl=0

Slitherine are working on an installer for GS v4.0 for the MAC and PC and it will soon be released. This fix will be part of that installer.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”