PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

mickandu
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

OMSK - game seems to be broken or I am doing something wrong

Post by mickandu »

All right boys and girls,
I spent couple of nights with the game (GS 4) and decided to go against Russia right after conquering Poland.
Managed to lock masses of Russian troops in Ukraine and pushed for Moscow. Captured Leningrad, Kiev, then Moscow itself.
After few months got to Omsk and got stuck!!
Been trying to capture it for MONTHS now. Survived two winters, kept pushing. No luck.
One single unit defending Omsk. Surrendered by a dozen of my panzer divisions, with air support. I can only manage to drop it's strength to 3 or 5. Then it rebuilds to full power (full supply in a fully surrounded city??).

Am I doing something wrong??
Please either tell me how to take this city, or fix the game coz there is no fun.
omsk (2).JPG
omsk (2).JPG (234.86 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: OMSK - game seems to be broken or I am doing something w

Post by Plaid »

That's probably one of AI's cheats, normally (against human) its impossible to repair more than 5 strength per turn. No one balanced the game for playing against AI for years.

If it works like this you should try to take the city in one turn. Bring all your best ground units (SS mech/armoured with experience and + attack leaders), tactical bombers, repair them to full strength and wait for fair weather to attack.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

You haven't had the map tiles updated properly it seems.

You need to go into the image/background and image/backgroundnames folders and remove the 3 .dat files there so the map tiles can be recompiled. Look for map25_nogrid.dat, map50_nogrid.dat and map100_nogrid.dat. Then delete these in both folders.

If you do so then you will see that Omsk is now protected by the Irtysh river. So you need quite a bit of firepower to grab the city. The hex 1xN of Omsk is on the right side of the river so taking that hex will make it easier to capture Omsk.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Omsk is that the map edge so you can't surround it. An isolated city will drop down to yellow and red internal strength and that means repair capability drops from max 5 down to even 0.

I don't know how the AI game Works since Grand Strategy is not made or optimized for AI games. It's possible the AI follows different game rules than PBEM games. I suggest you try finding a real opponent. It's much more fun. The AI doesn't know about amph or para units for example. They won't Upgrade to SS units and so on. There is simply no Challenge from the AI.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

You need to play one of the beta testers this version is not available to the general public.

That is why you asked to be a beta tester.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”