GS 2.1 Thoughts

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

dhucul2011
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

GS 2.1 Thoughts

Post by dhucul2011 »

1. The Axis AI takes Paris. Why am I, playing as Allies, asked whether to create Vichy France? Shouldnt this be only an Axis decision?
2. When the Iraqi coup triggers there are several partsians created. Shouldn't, in fact, the nation of Iraq go Axis instead and the Allies have to take Baghdad?
3. I COMPLETELY understand that there has been no work on the AI since the original vanilla release but it is beyond ridiculous how the AI acts sometimes. Is there any indication that Slitherine may create their own update to deal with issues? I would fully expect to pay.
4. The UK is too weak in Egypt.. With no help from the Germans it is possible for the Italians to sweep the UK from Egypt. (albeit against the Allied AI) Where are the Allied reinforcements from India, South Africa and New Zealand?
5. On the other side the UK can quickly destroy the Italians in Libya when playing against the Axis AI. Is the DAK scripted to arrive sometime? I have not seen it yet.
6. What is the benefit of the Axis saying no to Vichy?

Other than that it is a fantastic upgrade!
dhucul2011
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: GS 2.1 Thoughts

Post by dhucul2011 »

Saw some answers to my questions about OOBs in Egypt on another thread. Maybe its just that the AI cannot defend Egypt as Allies or Libya as Axis.
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

dhucul2011 wrote:1. The Axis AI takes Paris. Why am I, playing as Allies, asked whether to create Vichy France? Shouldnt this be only an Axis decision?

6. What is the benefit of the Axis saying no to Vichy?

Other than that it is a fantastic upgrade!
If the Axis says no to Vichy, the Axis has a chance to conquer all of France's PPs (at the "occupied" 50% rate) immediately. Even more important, if the Axis can conquer Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco (Casablanca) from non-Vichy, non-armistice France BEFORE the USA becomes active, then Spain will join the Axis. When Spain joins the Axis, the Axis can capture Gibraltar. Spanish PPs boost German PP income at the rate of 100%, and the Spanish army, air force and navy are useful additions to the Axis order of battle. Any Allied attempts to invade the Spanish coast can usually be contained, or kept well away from vital centers of Axis power.
Gersen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Gersen »

dhucul2011 wrote: 4. The UK is too weak in Egypt.. With no help from the Germans it is possible for the Italians to sweep the UK from Egypt. (albeit against the Allied AI) Where are the Allied reinforcements from India, South Africa and New Zealand?
5. On the other side the UK can quickly destroy the Italians in Libya when playing against the Axis AI. Is the DAK scripted to arrive sometime? I have not seen it yet.
I think you are right in that the Italian campaign is unbalanced. It must be hard to construct as if you are the Allies, it is easy to hit the Italians hard such that when the DAK show up, it is too little too late. When you are the Axis, the task seems even easier, and you can get to Iraq in fairly short order.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Gersen wrote:
dhucul2011 wrote: 4. The UK is too weak in Egypt.. With no help from the Germans it is possible for the Italians to sweep the UK from Egypt. (albeit against the Allied AI) Where are the Allied reinforcements from India, South Africa and New Zealand?
I think you are right in that the Italian campaign is unbalanced. It must be hard to construct as if you are the Allies, it is easy to hit the Italians hard such that when the DAK show up, it is too little too late. When you are the Axis, the task seems even easier, and you can get to Iraq in fairly short order.

If there was a mistake in the real history , a player should not repeat it in his game . :)

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”