Multiplayer (Hseat, PBEM, TcpIP) opponent seeking plus guide

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: MAC CEaW PBEM

Post by borsook79 »

Blackvsred wrote: I don't know if the Mac version is compatible with the current PC version or not, does anyone know?
I've tried to PBEM with a Mac owner and it did not work (he could not load my save, got a message that it was done with an older version of the game).
Blackvsred
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Blackvsred »

OK thanks for the heads-up.

m
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry no, MAC and PC are not compatible.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

iainmcneil wrote:Sorry no, MAC and PC are not compatible.
any chance this will be resolved in the future?
Evans
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Evans »

Looking to play PBEM games (1.04) as either Axis or Allies, and am negotiable on house rules governing say, the use of the units of Axis minors, whether you're allowed to rebase air units across the sea without putting them in transports - stuff like that. Only one I'd really suggest is restricting Finnish units movement to their border zones - historically they refused to advance any further. Can be ladder if you like, but I am only a newcomer! Email me if interested; rafa_calavera@hotmail.com.
BF_Napoleon
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by BF_Napoleon »

A good tool to find opponents can be found here:

http://www.the-battlefield.com/index.ph ... &game=ceaw

You need to register a free account at http://www.the-battlefield.com to use the feature.
SeaWolves

Post by SeaWolves »

Looking for additional PBEM opponents...I have the latest version (v1.06) ...like to play all options on...mirrored games
email me if interested..I can usually reply with 1 - 2 turns a day

gdegrote@aol.com
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Mac PBEM wanted

Post by JimR »

Does anyone out there want to do a Mac PBEM? All options on, either side. Usually 2-3 turns a day.
j-reilly@rogers.com
vveedd

Post by vveedd »

vypuero wrote:Axis I added you to my MSN but I never see you online. If you are around I am looking for another TCP/IP opponent. I find the PBEM too slow.
Exactly what I have said to guys when game was in early beta testing stage but they haven't listened. PBEM is too slow and TCP/IP is consuming too much time for me (working people). So what is solution if I want to play? Friendly advice for Commander 2 – less turns, more actions in one turn (move, counter move, intercept, counter intercept, breakthrough moves, extra moves, sub turns or what ever you want to call it.)
firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

vveedd wrote:
vypuero wrote:Axis I added you to my MSN but I never see you online. If you are around I am looking for another TCP/IP opponent. I find the PBEM too slow.
Exactly what I have said to guys when game was in early beta testing stage but they haven't listened. PBEM is too slow and TCP/IP is consuming too much time for me (working people). So what is solution if I want to play? Friendly advice for Commander 2 – less turns, more actions in one turn (move, counter move, intercept, counter intercept, breakthrough moves, extra moves, sub turns or what ever you want to call it.)
I have great news for you then. For Commander Napoleon at War most scenarios will be mini allowing you to play 1-2 years with certain victory locations and can be completed in much less time. Furthermore, unit density is lower in CNAW meaning turns take less time 8)
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
vveedd

Post by vveedd »

firepowerjohan wrote:
vveedd wrote:
I have great news for you then. For Commander Napoleon at War most scenarios will be mini allowing you to play 1-2 years with certain victory locations and can be completed in much less time. Furthermore, unit density is lower in CNAW meaning turns take less time 8)
Great news, indeed! It means that you realized and recognized the mentioned problem. Unfortunately Napoleon era is not my favorite era so I will wait Commander 2. During waiting period I will try to play (and finish) Commander 1 PBEM games. :D
ICED
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

online game

Post by ICED »

i would like to try a online game with some one -- i live in the eastern time zone --(usa) -- you would have to host - i have problems with wireless router hosting -- let me know
ICED

online or pbem game

Post by ICED »

have only been able to find 1 online gamer - ( vypuero )- was part of the bata team he said -- very good but just a little too lucky for me --- so i guess am looking for new players -- pbem is ok too thz -- let me know
Davedj

How to attach file inPBEM

Post by Davedj »

Once I have completed my turn and hit next turn how do I send that file to my opponent? Thanks
firepowerjohan

Re: How to attach file inPBEM

Post by firepowerjohan »

Davedj wrote:Once I have completed my turn and hit next turn how do I send that file to my opponent? Thanks
The saved game is in the data/pbem folder
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
Redpossum

Yeah, OK

Post by Redpossum »

I'd be up for a game, TCP/IP or PBEM
vypuero
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by vypuero »

Possum - look me up on windows live messenger - add me vypuero@netscape.net - I am online most of times when at home - we can try a game
Redpossum

Post by Redpossum »

vypuero wrote:Possum - look me up on windows live messenger - add me vypuero@netscape.net - I am online most of times when at home - we can try a game
Love to play you, bro. But I don't do those instant messenger things anymore. I used ICQ til I was sick of the "uh oh!", and then swore off such things forever :)

I haven't even used Xfire in a year or more :)
ICED

possum

Post by ICED »

sent you a pm
Redpossum

Post by Redpossum »

replied

Somebody needs to make an inter-IM clearinghouse utility, so messages from ICQ or Xfire, for example, can reach somebody on that microscum thing, whatever it is, MSN or whatnot?

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”