Post by Amicofritz »

Two slots open for mod games (v. 1.12).

E-mail me at
jon.harald.rydne@vg.no
MarkWayneClark
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MarkWayneClark »

I would like to play a game as the Allied player. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.
MarkWayneClark
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MarkWayneClark »

Is there anybody here who isn't the second &*&*^ing coming of Erwin Rommel? In all the games I am playing, every time I get a new turn, I have 30% fewer units, and no idea what happened because it is impossible to follow along.

I would like to play a more average player, if such exists.

Thanks.
Amicofritz
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Not Rommel, more the Graziani!

Post by Amicofritz »

Is there anybody here who isn't the second &*&*^ing coming of Erwin Rommel? In all the games I am playing, every time I get a new turn, I have 30% fewer units, and no idea what happened because it is impossible to follow along.
Ok, MarkClark. I know what you mean. ;-) I'm fairly new to this game too.
I'll start a MOD game tonight and send you. Maybe we could do two games at the same time, with you as the Axis too? Would have been fun!

Amicofritz/Jon H.
OzHawkeye2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

MarkClark wrote:Is there anybody here who isn't the second &*&*^ing coming of Erwin Rommel? In all the games I am playing, every time I get a new turn, I have 30% fewer units, and no idea what happened because it is impossible to follow along.

I would like to play a more average player, if such exists.

Thanks.
One thing we'd all like to see in the PBEM game is a "replay last turn". Unfortunately I don't know of any plans for it, so you have to just follow along as best as possible with the arrows on the map. It also helps to take screenshots I find of the map as it existed at the end of your turn so you can compare it with the map as you find it at the start of the next turn (dual monitors is particularly handy for this).
Amicofritz

Replay

Post by Amicofritz »

Yes, a replay function is on top of my wishlist too. To watch your opponent's turn unfold is one of the most thrilling parts of PC wargaming. Come on, guys: go for it!
Last edited by Amicofritz on Wed May 20, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lbusuttil
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by lbusuttil »

Yes - I also like the replay idea.
VonManteuffel

Post by VonManteuffel »

I've started playing again and would like to have some games as the Axis. I have the BJR 1.12 mod installed.

Please be in touch if you'd like to play: jackkeefer66@gmail.com.
trulster
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by trulster »

Yeah without a replay function the PBEM function seems rather half-assed!
blackchristiandate
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

hi hellow

Post by blackchristiandate »

I'm Cesar and I'm new here, just browsing for some good stuff and informative posts..

By the way check this interesiting video that i found..
thommo

Post by thommo »

i look for an opponent gs mod either axis or allies but the best start 2 games at once playing both sides.
email me at: thommo@freemail.hu

Thx
Craig64

Post by Craig64 »

Thommo

I have sent you an email requesting a blood bath to the death, yes happy to play 2 games at once. If you are not in southern hemisphere the time delay may throw things for the pigeons as they deliver the secret code :lol:
Get back to me, I have written what version game I have mhceaw gold plus gs 1.02 and (1.12not installed yet) If you have started a gs blood bath with another enemy thats ok good luck.

Craigm
dave123
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by dave123 »

Do any of you have success with TCP/IP? I have tried several times. It always locks up (hourglass) at the end
of the first players turn. Everything seems fine until the player clicks end turn.

Any ideas?

Also open to a PBEM game. I would like to play allied and see someone who knows how to attack Russia in action. Everytime I play, the Russians totally dominate the Germans.

dave

edit: GS :)
timhicks
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Matching Players abilities

Post by timhicks »

One way to judge your own abilities ( and a prospective opponents), could be to play at different levels against the AI. For example, I think that most new players would be able to do ok against the AI with the advantage set to 'even'.

Winning against the AI at the top two difficulty levels would be an indication of ability, at least it might help players match up against each other.
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Matching Players abilities

Post by rkr1958 »

timhicks wrote:One way to judge your own abilities ( and a prospective opponents), could be to play at different levels against the AI. For example, I think that most new players would be able to do ok against the AI with the advantage set to 'even'.

Winning against the AI at the top two difficulty levels would be an indication of ability, at least it might help players match up against each other.
Just a word of caution on this based on MY OWN playing experience and that is that the strategy and tactics that work against the AI got me killed against an experienced human player. Both Borger and Jim took pity on me in our early games, told me what I was doing wrong, how to play better and allowed me to restart those games. Otherwise, I don't think I would made it into 1942 as the allies or captured Paris by then as the axis. I still struggle against them but at least I feel my fundamentals are much more sound now.
esde56
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by esde56 »

FWIIW I completely agree with rkr1958. :)

The game v. AI is best used for learning the basics of movement, combat, ZoCs, etc, etc. It can also be useful to test out a theory along the lines of "I wonder what happens if I do this ...". However, you should think thrice before employing any particular tactic/strategem against a (hopefully) human PBEM opponent. I played quite aggressively (as the Axis) in my games v. AI with great success but was severely punished when I tried to replicate this in my 1st PBEM v. a true opponent.

Kind regards.

Stephen
'If only life was as simple as the majority of its participants' {SD 1999}
colton1237
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by colton1237 »

I am playing against Luis as well. But for now the game went quiet. Me as axis took france, norway, yugo,...

--------------------------------------------------
Door Furniture
Door Handles
MrMonkeh

Post by MrMonkeh »

Hi All,

I'm interested in some PBM, either normal CEAW or Grand Strat :)

Contact me @ mrmonkeh@hotmail.com

If you're on skype, msn or xfire, drop me your username for that too :)

Cheers

Monkeh
NotaPacifist
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by NotaPacifist »

Hi,
I'm looking for a tcp/ip opponent who lives in the US or Europe who likes to play in the evening, or late at night on fridays and saturdays. The reason for this timeframe is because I live in Australia and have time on hands in the early mornings corresponding to those evenings. I'm not sure which versions/mods actually work for Tcp/Ip play, but am willing to download them if they are what you have. I'll play either side.

Please PM me if you find the above conditions suitable.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Is there any latest release after GS2.0 realease ?

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”