Multiplayer (Hseat, PBEM, TcpIP) opponent seeking plus guide

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Multiplayer (Hseat, PBEM, TcpIP) opponent seeking plus guide

Post by firepowerjohan »

This topic is for seeking opponents in multiplayer and also I am posting a brief guide on how to use Multiplayer options in Commander Europe at War.

Also should be mentioned there is a ladder for Commander Europe at War here:
http://www.slitherine.com/ladder/ceaw
All you need to do is to register at Slitherine forum, play a multiplayer game vs a opponent and report your result on the ladder page. Highly recommended for those who wish to compete in CEaW :)

From main menu select "New Multiplayer" and then pick your preferred game typ (Hotseat, PBEM, TcpIP).

Hotseat:
You just make your turn and then your buddy makes his turn, same computer and same screen. Every end of turn game is auto saved in the data/hotseat folder

PBEM:
When you have done your turn and pressed "End Turn" button it will save and throw you back to main menu. The save can then be found in the data/pbem folder from where the game is installed.

Send it to your opponent. Your opponent will place the save in his PBEM folder and from main menu pick "Load Multiplayer", "PBEM". There he clicks the scenario button (the one that says 1939) and picks that save and makes his turn and then send the save back to you.

TcpIP:
For TcpIP, one player is HOST and other player is CLIENT.

HOST ONLY should do this first:
i) "New Multiplayer"
ii) "TcpIP"
iii) click the "tick/v" button
iv) click "Host" button
v) wait for client!!!

CLIENT ONLY should do this now:
i) "New Multiplayer"
ii) "TcpIP"
iii) click the "tick/v" button
iv) click the empty IP Address field below the Join button and enter the IP adress of the HOST there and press <ENTER>. Host need to find out his IP prior to this of course. Host will see his IP below the Host button but if it starts 192 something then he is under a network showing only internal IP. In such case you need to do http://www.whatismyip.com
v) click the "Join" button

If you done this correctly the circle in the top of the menu will start spinning and depending on connection after some minute(s) game auto start. Not that you do not use the "tick/v" button in that last meny game and map auto start once both have connected.

If you see the circle spinning for just soe second followed by it ending (or returning to main menu) or if you never see it start spinning you have either done these procedures wrong or you have a networking problem with routers or firewalls.

Commander uses port 6770 and 6771 so if you have firewall problems then allowing those ports can solve problems connecting.

Every time someone ends turn, game is auto saved in the doceument/CEAW/data/tcpip folder or docuemet/CEAW Fastplay/data/tcpip foldder if you platy the fast play version of the game.

In TcpIP, both players need the same setup so they cannot use different mods with edited scripts.

Press <ENTER> to chat in TcpIP
Last edited by firepowerjohan on Wed May 13, 2009 8:24 am, edited 11 times in total.
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
VonManteuffel
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by VonManteuffel »

I'm editing this old post because I've started playing again and would like to have some games as the Axis. I have the BJR 1.12 mod installed.

Please be in touch if you'd like to play: jackkeefer66@gmail.com.
Last edited by VonManteuffel on Tue May 26, 2009 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kosigan86
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by kosigan86 »

Same here. Anyone interested in PBEM send me an e-mail at mikeds@ftml.net .
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I want to try to see if I can host games with TCP/IP via a router. I have used port forwarding for my router for ports 6770 and 6771, but need to test it to see if port forwarding fixed the problem I have. Please send me an email if you're interested in trying: borgerb@online.no

Then I will setup the game at a time convenient for both of us and we can try to connect to each other and maybe play. :wink:
Axisgeneral

Available for TCP/IP Game

Post by Axisgeneral »

Anyone interested in playing TCP/IP game my info is listed below. Just played my 1st one and it was so much fun!!

Email - Chief_Darkcloud@yahoo.com
Yahoo Messenger: Chief_Darkcloud@yahoo.com
MSN Messenger: Axisgeneral1@hotmail.com
VonManteuffel

Post by VonManteuffel »

Looking to start some new PBEM games, will play either side. Let me know if you want to play allies or send me a first axis turn.

jackkeefer66@comcast.net
Axisgeneral

Where are all the online players??

Post by Axisgeneral »

I take it there are very few people up for a TCP/IP game?

This is such an awesome game and a shame there isnt a bigger community.

Suggestion is to rename this threas to Multiplayer Contact List or something like that. At first glance it just seems to be a guide/advice and not a list of players.
VonManteuffel

Re: Where are all the online players??

Post by VonManteuffel »

Axisgeneral wrote:I take it there are very few people up for a TCP/IP game?

This is such an awesome game and a shame there isnt a bigger community.

Suggestion is to rename this threas to Multiplayer Contact List or something like that. At first glance it just seems to be a guide/advice and not a list of players.
I think most people are playing PBEM because it's more convenient.
vypuero
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by vypuero »

Axis I added you to my MSN but I never see you online. If you are around I am looking for another TCP/IP opponent. I find the PBEM too slow.
Axisgeneral

Post by Axisgeneral »

Vypuero

I added you also but dont see you either :(

Vypuero@netscape.net
FieldMarshallFrommel
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by FieldMarshallFrommel »

Looking for PBEM opponent(s). Email to scott.glover@rhul.ac.uk if you're interested or just send me the first turn as Axis. Willing to play either side, any option configuration, but prefer all options on exc. random research. Moderate skill level - perform alright vs. AI with moderate advantage to AI.
SSIGeneral

TCP/IP or PBEM

Post by SSIGeneral »

Looking for players.

I am available during the day in the EST from 9 am - 2 pm and some weekends for tcp/ip play. Also anytime for PBEM. New to CEAW, lots of past PG 1, 2, 3 experience.

email me:

admin@findacardeal.com

Thanks,

John
DarthCycle

Post by DarthCycle »

Looking for opponent to play either side by PBEM. One turn/day so we can play our side every two days.

I am a noob at this game. I would rather play against someone my level, so noob are definitively welcome. Players will lots of experience with this game, please abstain. I want to enjoy this first PBEM, not get creamed :D

You can reach me at tdoyon001@hotmail.com
artyar

PBEM opponents wanted

Post by artyar »

afk_nero
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by afk_nero »

If anyone wants a gme - either PBM or via TCPIP please mail me.

I dont mind playing either allies or Axis

oren.taylor@googlemail.com
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

I'm looking for an opponent to play a PBM game. I'd rather play Axis. While I do not mind playing against an advanced player (the best way to learn) I must say I am quite new to the game. I play till the end regardless of how it fares and expect the same. I should be able to do 1-2 turns each day.

If anyone's interested PM me or email at mikolajwitkowski AT yahoo.pl
maximax

Is Mac v PC PBM possible

Post by maximax »

I'm new to this game, which I have on my Mac, and have been playing the AI. I'm looking for online games - can I play people who use PCs?
supermax
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Looking for PBEM opponent

Post by supermax »

I am looking for a good opponent for a PBEM game.

I prefer to play Axis, and i also use version 1.02, since i am in a game right now and that if i update the game right away, i will not be able to load the rest.

Anyway, if you are interested email me at : suprematie@videotron.ca

Max
amilca

Post by amilca »

Hi!

Anyone interested in PBEM send me an e-mail at mvall7@gmail.com

Si alquien esta interesado en jugar una partida mandame un email a mvall7@gmail.com
Blackvsred

MAC CEaW PBEM

Post by Blackvsred »

I have the Mac version of CEaW adn would love to get a game going with someone. I don't have a side preference and I can post moves between 1 and 3 times a day.

I don't know if the Mac version is compatible with the current PC version or not, does anyone know?

hit me up at
blackvsred@gmail.com

if anyone wants to start a game.

cheers,
morgan[/i]

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”