Map scroll speed issues, unplayable

The latest in release the award winning Close Combat series is 32 bit colour, with improved AI and an enhanced campaign layer.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

timc424
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Map scroll speed issues, unplayable

Post by timc424 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:58 pm

I am hoping someone can help me with my map scroll speed, its so fast it jumps instantly from one side of the map to the other when i move my mouse. I have an I7 GTX 970 windows 7. It makes the game unplayable. It is the same problem i have with my original Close combat games. Thats why i spent $40, so that i could enjoy a modern supported version. Please help!

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Map scroll speed issues, unplayable

Post by zakblood » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:25 pm

you can try changing the compatibility settings for the program, run as xp sp3 etc, as admin and see if that slows it down any, then also put the game on max settings, not that on your rig it will make any difference, as it's high end tbh, good luck and let us know how you get on

SteveMcClaire
Matrix
Matrix

Re: Map scroll speed issues, unplayable

Post by SteveMcClaire » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:32 pm

This is a not a general problem with Gateway to Caen -- the scrolling should be fine regardless of your processing power. I suspect it might be something to do with your mouse sensitivity settings. You could try adjusting these to see if they effect the issue, and you can also go into the game options and turn the scroll speed down to 'slow' to see if that helps.

There are several methods for scrolling the screen that you can try too: You can use the arrow keys, and also try clicking and holding on the map until you get the 'drag' mouse cursor, then move the mouse around with the button held down. If the arrow keys work differently than the edge scroll / drag scroll. this is something to do with the mouse.

Steve

Return to “Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog”