A few quick reactions

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

gschelz
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

A few quick reactions

Post by gschelz »

Nice involving game, but a few comments/suggestions;
- I hate not being able to back out of panels be pressing ESC
- Why can't occupying/victorious forces be reinforced?
- I don't seem to be able to launch a joint attack on a province from two different adjacent provinces.
- How do I see what my "agents" are up to? And when will they become available.
- I just had a revolt in a conquered province and a Rebel Army of 10+ units appears out of nowhere - isn't that a bit heavy handed?
- My personal opinion - the wait time for conquered provinces to be annexed is too long.
JorgenCAB
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: A few quick reactions

Post by JorgenCAB »

gschelz wrote:- I hate not being able to back out of panels be pressing ESC
I agree on the interface, it could be improved in many places to make life easier on the player.

gschelz wrote:- Why can't occupying/victorious forces be reinforced?
Occupying forces do get reinforced as they are healed every turn. Otherwise you can rotate units out and move in fresh units from provinces behind.

gschelz wrote:- I don't seem to be able to launch a joint attack on a province from two different adjacent provinces.
I think this is a quite conscious design decision which add a layer of tactics to the game you simply have to work around. You might also rationalize it in a way that units really are separate entities and communication on a strategic scale are difficult in the time period depicted in the game. Armies do operate on their own, more or less.

gschelz wrote:- How do I see what my "agents" are up to? And when will they become available.
You see this in the diplomacy screen on the top right corner.

gschelz wrote:- I just had a revolt in a conquered province and a Rebel Army of 10+ units appears out of nowhere - isn't that a bit heavy handed?
Personally I think it is just fine, revolts should be scary. It is better if they are more rare and powerful rather than common and powerless. If they never had much of an impact you would not bother suppressing rebellious provinces.

gschelz wrote:- My personal opinion - the wait time for conquered provinces to be annexed is too long.
It used to be much quicker and it definitely work much better now.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

I generally agree the answers.
JorgenCAB wrote:Armies do operate on their own, more or less.
Yes, it's not really disturbing me. And repeated attacks in one turn prevent from healing and reinforcement.
It is better if revolts are more rare and powerful rather than common and powerless. If they never had much of an impact you would not bother suppressing rebellious provinces.
I think they have to be both the reverse: at first turns of threat they are rare and powerless (but just a lone unit is boring as it can capture a undefended province), but if not happening they then will prepare becoming more common and more powerfull with the time. The more the revolt doesn't happen, the more it can prepare, the more it will be strong, and with more chance to happen.
Annexing conquered provinces works quite good now.
Yeah, it's some long, but it has to. It would be too easy.
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

gschelz wrote:- Why can't occupying/victorious forces be reinforced?
Just a bit more detail for you.
Units automatically regain 10 Life per point of their Heal stat per turn that they are not in battle.

Return to “Sovereignty”