Can someone please explain autobattles and archers?

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Principes
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Can someone please explain autobattles and archers?

Post by Principes »

I attacked an Iron Barony orc army that had 4melee units and 8 archers with a cloudfell giant army with 6 goblins, 4ogres, 1 orc, 2 eagles, 2 harpies, and a stone and cloud giant. I lost 14 units and managed to kill 1 of his. The archers just kept shooting and my guys just sat there. Are they really that overpowered or is this a bug.
Update: Okay I have rerun this battle with different combinations of units and the archers are definitely firing many more times than my guys get to attack. The best I have managed is 1 kill on the enemy. In the second phase of the battle his archers appear to fire twice and just completely eradicate my army. I don't see how this can be balanced under any scheme.
Rvlion
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Can someone please explain autobattles and archers?

Post by Rvlion »

Maybe it is an idea not to autobattle?

During my playing days I remember a melee fase/archer fase and all at the same time fase.

This does not happen during a manual battle, you should easily have won that battle on manual.
Cloudfell is very cool to play with, but always with manual battles to take advantage of their melee strength.
Principes

Post by Principes »

I won it on tactical, but was surprised that autobattle yielded such radically different outcomes. I could live with a poor autobattle system if you weren't forced to fight autobattles in larger scenarios because you don't have enough heroes.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

Does this refer to 1.9 or 2.0?

The autobattles have changed quite a lot in 2.0, so it's important to know if this is an issue relating to an older version, or if it is a current issue which we need to resolve still.
Principes

Post by Principes »

Appears to be 1.9. Ill update to 2.0 and check if issue continue
friendlysnail

Post by friendlysnail »

Thanks for your valuble information and please provide me any tips and tricks..

Return to “Sovereignty”