Bugs/Flaws/etc

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Bugs/Flaws/etc

Post by terje439 »

I will keep postin in this thread as I am guessing I will encounter a few more during my playtime these days, and thought it might be better to stick them together :)

1. Attacked Maledor in the Netherwell province, and they deployed their Worm unit. It attacked one of my units, and one of its (sadly I am not sure which) abilities gave the "text missing" text appear.

2.Province Balenfort does not get the +1 max economy level bonus Evengaard has although it seems to me to be adjacant to the sea. Other occupied provinces do get the +1.
terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Bugs/Flaws/etc

Post by terje439 »

Still playing as Evengaad, got the choose science bonus event fire again, but there are no more option to choose from, so the choose bonus window is empty with no "x" to close it or anything. Got it away with ESC, but should this event even fire when there is nothing more to choose from?
terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by terje439 »

Elite units that are embarked does not count towards the limit of 4, I was able to raise another 4 Royal Blues, and deploy them, meaning I now have 8 on the field.
terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by terje439 »

Mercenary units from another realm that is embarked at sea when the alliance is broken are not removed from your army even after it lands again.
gchristie
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by gchristie »

Terje439, are you amenable to others posting bugs here?

If so I'm experiencing regular game freezes when two factions engage in a battle and I'm watching the battle results screen. Since I updated to the Beta 1.1 this has gotten worse.
"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
~Anne Frank
terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by terje439 »

Not at all, please keep posting in here, tbh I am surprised the devs haven't stickied a bug report thread allready...

Terje
terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by terje439 »

A cavalry unit that charges can use the "undo move" button to undo their move, the charge will still have taken place. This means that you can charge in, deal damage and then withdraw your cavalry to a safe distance afterwards.
terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by terje439 »

Trade needs to be looked at. Beruvian Empire just traded me 101 iron for 6 wine...
Emmeric
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Emmeric »

I finally made an alliance with Brogen Hur as Cal... the other dwarven nation. Just after accepting, I was able to click on any province I chose and saw all the units displayed as if I had a scout next to them. Will try to duplicate it for exact keystrokes.
terje439
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by terje439 »

Was not really paying attention at the time, but used one of the sorcerer hero abilities, got alot of "text missing". Have not seen that before with the sorcerer hero.

A question though;
Is naval invasions as they should be, seems REALLY easy to wreck havoc with a cheap unit nowadays.
Buy a unit for 90 gold-ish, pay another 200 ish for upkeep while transporting it to an area, unload at the shore, and it will do atleast 4500 gold worth of damage in a turn (price to get the economy back up one step).

Tried fighting it with my navy, but that did nothing, although the bay must have been filled with transports my 5 manowars, 3 frigates and 2 sloops came up empty :(
Sloul
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Sloul »

I think Roll-Up is not working as intended.
What I understand from the description is that, if a unit with Roll-Up kills another unit, then it gets a new attack and another 2 move points.
But despite having killed enemies with Roll-up units, I didn't get any of that.
Started this wiki: http://sovereignty.wikia.com/wiki/Sovereignty_Wikia
Still a lot to do, I estimated I would be done in 3 months.
Emmeric
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Emmeric »

The patch that fixed the mod manager finding the Sov_Charts.XML works fine for Sov_Charts.XML.

The mod manager isn't finding my sov_text.XML in the same Data\Game folder as Sov_Charts. I added 4 units to Dragonhold. They show up but read Text_Missing.

My sov_text appears correct:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root>
  <Table name="GameText">
     <Row textid="UNITNAME500" english="Dragon Lance" german="0" />
	  <Row textid="UNITNAME501" english="Dragon Militia" german="0" />
	  <Row textid="UNITNAME502" english="Operative" german="0" />
	  <Row textid="UNITNAME503" english="Dragonqueen Eva" german="0" />
  </Table>
</root>
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

Emmeric wrote:I finally made an alliance with Brogen Hur as Cal... the other dwarven nation. Just after accepting, I was able to click on any province I chose and saw all the units displayed as if I had a scout next to them. Will try to duplicate it for exact keystrokes.
Are you saying any province in any realm, or just any province in Brogen Hur?
Emmeric
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Emmeric »

I haven't duplicated it yet, but I was able to see units in Cragenwaste and Vessoi.
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

terje439 wrote:Was not really paying attention at the time, but used one of the sorcerer hero abilities, got alot of "text missing". Have not seen that before with the sorcerer hero.

A question though;
Is naval invasions as they should be, seems REALLY easy to wreck havoc with a cheap unit nowadays.
Buy a unit for 90 gold-ish, pay another 200 ish for upkeep while transporting it to an area, unload at the shore, and it will do atleast 4500 gold worth of damage in a turn (price to get the economy back up one step).

Tried fighting it with my navy, but that did nothing, although the bay must have been filled with transports my 5 manowars, 3 frigates and 2 sloops came up empty :(
Sorcerer, bugged text

Naval battles: one of the goals for EA will be to make naval battles more active. Currently, naval battles activate somewhat randomly (it's a big sea) if you're in the same sea zone as your enemy. We'd like to make this more active, where players are moving fleets to enemy fleets in a fight for naval supremacy.
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

Emmeric wrote:I haven't duplicated it yet, but I was able to see units in Cragenwaste and Vessoi.
Ok we'll keep an eye out. Haven't seen that one before. If you see it again, try to reconstruct what you did.
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

Lots of great bugs tasked from this page. I only responded to a couple where I had further questions, but

Good [bug] Hunting!

Breca
budd
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by budd »

Isn't Ravengard supposed to have a harbor? It has a lot of coast line and has ship units to build but no harbor. Sonneneve has a harbor in the capitol on a river but cant build ships and can ships even move province to province via river? I see a lot of coastal regions don't have a harbor, is this by design? Can navel units transport units?

got an answer on the steam forum.

Hi budd,

Actually realms can only build ships if they own a harbor. Ravengard has to win a harbor before it gets to build those ships.

Mostly this applies to human conventional armies. Some realms (such as the elves) board their swan ships directly by simply moving a land unit to sea. This converts the land unit into a transport ship.

Breca
Last edited by budd on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sloul

Post by Sloul »

I think both Bladedancer spell and Quarantine are not working properly.
Bladedancer is not giving charge.
And Quarantine is letting enemy get into region (but working properly as for the player).
Started this wiki: http://sovereignty.wikia.com/wiki/Sovereignty_Wikia
Still a lot to do, I estimated I would be done in 3 months.
Emmeric
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Emmeric »

Undoing/Move with a Cavalry unit out of a town in tactical that was just captured does not revert the flag. Might also work with infantry. Will have to check.

Yep, regular infantry, too. That basically gives all units capable of taking a victory location a free move. Move, capture, Undo/Move, then go a different way.

Return to “Sovereignty”