A suggestions thread

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Re: A suggestions thread

Post by Jekky »

double click on the unit.
GrayRiders
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by GrayRiders »

Thanks! I was sure I tried that but I guess not. Maybe I just didn't notice the X appear.
lpgamble
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by lpgamble »

One thing I think would be helpful. On the minimap color graphic reports, it would be nice if one of them would show your provinces as red if they had a chance to revolt.
Gears51
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Gears51 »

From my post in the wrong section:
Hello Devs,

I've been playing Sovereignty for a little while now.

Some improvements I can suggest:
1) UI Changes = If multiple nations declare war on the same nation on the same turn...give me one notice to join with all of my ally names not one for each.
2) If I try to upgrade a province that I don't have the money to upgrade, just play a sound after the first time. i.e. First time give me a popup with the choice of popups or a sound. After than, a negative sound saying it isn't allowed should be sufficient.
3) Manual could have a list of all army abilities. i.e. I was trying to discover which nation had armies with the scout ability.
4) Manual could have a list of spell powers by each nation. i.e. I wanted to know more about Boruvian spell tree when playing as Crivia.
5) The end turn button on the main screen is on the right, The end turn button on the battle screen is on the left. This is inconsistent. I prefer right.
6) Game has a memory leak, playing for more than 50 turns in a row causes a crash (not exactly 50). Find and fix memory leak and crashes.
7) Game crashes/won't load at all on one of my laptops, bug reports submitted.
8) Multi-player support would be a great thing to work towards.
9) More nation data. I feel like the interface is getting in the way of me understanding the data on each nation. After the start screen, I don't know what each one's goals are.
10) Getting back to your kingdom in the diplomacy screen isn't easy or intuitive. I end up having to close it and open it again.
11) Harbors are weird. Sea combat and moving is weird.

----
by lpgamble » 07 May 2015 22:18
Since I still had my little xml reader program I printed out a list of all the specials in ODS
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7QOc9_ ... cslist_api

----
by SkiesEnd » 10 May 2015 16:10
To get back to your country in the dip scree there is a drop down on the right side. After you click you nation once in this drop down you nation name will be highlighted perm. so you can find it easier. Should be highlighted to begin with and your nation at the top imo tho.

Naval needs fixed. Any nation I play I auto disband any ships and never build any others as there is no reason at all to have one atm.

Once the game begins you shouldnt know anything else about other nations spells ect. If you want this add a spy mission in the dip screen to get info on other realms like units, spells ect.

Unless they add in a dip rep penalty for declining to join allies they can do away with the pop up all together. Currently you can decline everything and there is no downside.

During start new game they really need to add alot of info on countries to the screen. Units and spells should be available.

Every nation needs a scout of some sort.

One to add to your list is a better way to disband troops, having to doubleclick the unit then click the disband button then hit ok is tedious. Also a mass disband feature would be nice.
Kalkkis

Post by Kalkkis »

Don't give a relations penalty when annexing provinces originally yours.

You should be able to see an units garrison value from somewhere and not rely on experimentation.

Relations screen should also color-code mutual defense.

Cooldown of spells should be listed.
Obadiah333
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Obadiah333 »

Lots off good suggestions here. I haven't played very long and have tried only a few different nations. I'll likely have a longer list of suggestions later, but for now, I think we need to look at game pace, especially early on. It seems that the warring starts immediately after the 3 turn timer has run out. Sure, I understand there are rival factions, old grudges and alignments to factor in, all making for a land full of discontent and strife. However, and especially for smaller nations that need time to build up a little, it would be nice if everyone started a little more amicably biased towards one another. A little less quick to take up arms and start war immediately. I don't know how to best incorporate a change like this, but it's almost like after 3 turns is up, a start gun has been fired and it's every nation racing to see who can kill off the other nations first. Definitely challenging for the smaller nations.
dimzki
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by dimzki »

* The ability to build fort, that will protect your territory if it's got harassed, so that you dont need to give 5-10 garrison unit per border province... really troublesome if some units (1 unit to boot!) sneak pass your naval blockade and land on your unguarded coastal province to wreck havoc upon the population... (say the fort will protect your territory for 1 turn), the fort can be upgraded to castle then to fortress... ppl will say that it'll make the bigger nation too op due to fort spamming, but what if, to balance it you add maintenance upkeep for each fort ? so bigger fort is more costly but can hold your borderline better than having 5-10 standing army there that will block your MAIN ARMY movement if you have them blobbing in your territory. (in my Hadrigel playthrough, i put 5 for low risk border, 10 for medium risk border, and 20 for high risk border, and due to that, my MAIN ARMY with the good general on it is having trouble on navigating the provinces...

* More nations, Bigger Map, More territories per nation

* The fortress should be represented as a hex surrounded by hexes of walls, to prevent enemy from moving pass through the fortress, or there'll be no point of having fortress as i can easily avoid them and take out the enemy units during an invasion to win the battle..

* I think there should be a trait of "disciplined" units and "undisciplined" units, whereas undisciplined units' shield walls are weaker, and disciplined units' shield walls are stronger

* The ability to hire a hero from a pool of heroes, and increase the variety of the hero, and make it a unique, means that only 1 type/entity of hero can be recruited at any time (maybe a nation can have 2 of the same type heroes but each have different name, or portrait).. to make the game more dynamic and colorful.. and the name of the hero should be randomly generated too! - imagine if your country have 2 Great general, 1 is general of the east Yabouk, the other is general of the west Vargos, wouldn't that add more immersion to the game ?

* Rework of the diplomacy system, the relations between nations, and the modifier of each races. Just because the history of my nation and that nation was bad, doesn't mean that it cant get any better right ? look England for example, she was the arch rival of france, but now they're allied. Anything can happen during war or peace time, it's not about the past or your emotion, it's about the profit and advantages of allying/ declaring war against that said nation. Well, a little negative modifier for the hatred is ok, but not much, and should have more modifier that affecting the AI disposition towards you, for example, when you declared on their rivals, they'll like you more, or when you join/refuse to join their war.

* A defensive war should be forced or you will incur negative opinion modifier (as people will look at your nation with distrust)

* War should be less common but longer, there's no way im gonna stop and signed a peace treaty when i have the advantage and obliterating the enemy without much resistance (real life references)

* Trade route ! the trading system is the most important aspect in every nations if they want to survive in the chaotic world

Cheers ~
dimzki
lotharr51
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by lotharr51 »

I think the cost of increasing the economic level of a territory should become more expensive as the number of territories increase. This would represent the cost of corruption and inefficiency over a large area. On the other hand, smaller counties should be able to build up faster. This would make smaller countries more robust and larger countries harder to expand. This should also be fairly easy to implement, yay!. After that, the skies the limit: spells to make upgrades easier, covert missions to hinder economic growth, covert missions to steal from sprawling empires, etc etc
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

Corruption and inefficiency are covered by the diminishing returns you get on income as provinces get further away from your capitol - increasing the cost of upgrading, or reducing the income, at the end of the day will both decrease the return on investment - doing both at once would probably make large empires near impossible to maintain.
lotharr51

Post by lotharr51 »

Ah, ok cool.
Dunadd
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Dunadd »

Would like an option to restore a destroyed realm to existence if you want to, if you take what was originally its capital province from an enemy (especially if the destroyed realm was your ally)
Jimus

Post by Jimus »

After a battle, when you are conquering the province, for every turn you spend there you lower its economic value. Shouldn't you also receive plunder, maybe something like "100 gold" per turn.

Prisoners? Where do prisoners go after a battle? Hopefully you have something planned for them. Ransom sounds interesting! Or maybe sell them on the black market :shock: or maybe evil kingdoms could use them as a resource to build forts or upgrade provinces or something twisted like that :twisted: (lol...)
Jimus

Post by Jimus »

Sacrificial spell casting: Prisoners=Zombies!
gschelz

Post by gschelz »

Quick maps that show you (1) provinces that are NOT at 0% Rebellion (and maybe those over-garrisoned?) and (2) maps that show you provinces that you can build in (you have a slot available and also the resources).
Notifications when "x per turn" trades are beginning, and ending.

AND (added)

- Unit health indication in the army panel. It would be nice to see which units need a little R&R.
- Allow reinforcements to arrive in occupied territories. I understand the rationale behind the present setup, but since the same thing is accomplished by having a "reinforcement" army follow the fighting army around - I vote for getting rid of tedium of doing so.
- auto-battles are too costly, while tactical battles are too easy (but time consuming). Perhaps the game should recognize your prowess as a general after a few tactical battles?
- Playing as orc, there are not enough interesting buildings or units to progress to. Magic is almost non-existent. Objectives for Iron Barony are tough - making Khazoth an ally when they don't want to, even after entering a war on their behalf! And the meaningless "destroy two human kingdoms, ... etc)
- It is too difficult to obtain resources, maybe a functioning market would help.
- make it possible to get more agents
ayami123

Post by ayami123 »

So many suggestion. =_= fix the damn ai first, I mean the ice kingdom is basically, neutral and all west countries, are so passive =_=
even palemoor is so passive, i manage to finish the game so fucking many times now it's too easy,
i don't know maybe i'm asian or something =_= but it's so easy, I was expecting difficulty like paradox games =_= or even better platinum games difficulty and best of all touhou difficulty hehehe

My suggestion is
1. Put a UI which let us see the balance sheet of the kingdom,
I mean I don't even know how much my armies total upkeep is =_=
2. expand the lore, the lore is cool. I keep getting idea's on making it a first person open world game.
though it's only a dream. but at least we want to know the history and story of each places :D
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

I just want to suggest a tweak:

I already reported the tax collector building being inactive and not adding rebellion for your economy increase. But the more I look at it, the more obviously it is, that it can turn a 60% province into a 100% province with only 2 rebellion extra. That is ONE garrison! And that if you don't get an insane "time owned" modifier.

Time owned should be capped around 5 at best so that conquering major foreign cities forces you to keep permanent garrisons - yes teach the AI to do it too and not suicide 1 unit stacks into rebels either. Also adding a tax collector should at least add +3 rebellion per building. That way it is actually a trade off and not some joke modifier you can blissfully ignore.

Return to “Sovereignty”