Q2-2013?

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Q2-2013?

Post by mbpopolano24 »

So, are you ready today? :roll:
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Breca wrote:. . . . . . Early press peaks were very positive and gave us an opportunity to assess how the game was developing. . . . . . .
Are there any links to write-ups on these so we can at least read about the "very positive" reports?
:wink:
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Yes, please: links, pictures, reports... you are so close to beta, throw us some bones.....
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

A very early press peek at about the time we first announced development of Sovereignty.

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/a-new-power/

Since then, we've kept a lid on exposure, refining the look and focus of the game until we're ready to unveil beta and the website. It's been quiet and secretive here, I know.
Breca
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Ouch... that was not very exciting at all... hopefully we'll see something more concrete soon. I am sure you have your reasons to be so secretive, it's strange though, in this time of early releases, kickstarter projects, greenlight, and games already sold in their alpha state.
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Another 2 weeks are in the dust, and nothing... maybe around the corner is not exactly the right expression. Unless those corners are very, very large...
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

mbpopolano24 wrote:Another 2 weeks are in the dust, and nothing... maybe around the corner is not exactly the right expression. Unless those corners are very, very large...
If there is one thing that I’ve learned over the years is that Slitherine’s (and the developers that work with them) concept of time is not that of the rest of the real world. Normally you must add a zero behind any numbers they give out when regarding timeframes.
:lol:

But – they do always deliver in the end
:D
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Yes, I do love most of their games... But if I add a zero behind a reasonable number for 'news around the corner', that would make a 20-30 weeks lag... or about 6 months...
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

mbpopolano24 wrote:Yes, I do love most of their games... But if I add a zero behind a reasonable number for 'news around the corner', that would make a 20-30 weeks lag... or about 6 months...
Now you're catching on
:wink:

Obviously I'm joking - or I hope I am - but that does seem to be closer to the truth in most cases
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

We resubmit a new Beta contender to Slitherine within two weeks for another Beta evaluation, if it is seen as good enough we can go into a first Beta test phase, if not we just add/fix what is asked... this is a hard business guys. ;-)

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

lordzimoa wrote:We resubmit a new Beta contender to Slitherine within two weeks for another Beta evaluation, if it is seen as good enough we can go into a first Beta test phase, if not we just add/fix what is asked... this is a hard business guys. ;-)
And as I said before – this is why the wait is always well worth it and the end product is so awesome. . . . . But the wait it still quite difficult at times.
:)

Thanks for the update
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Thank you! So in 2-3 weeks we'll get an announcement, otherwise it means that more work is needed. Fair enough.

I am very hopeful for this game, the only detail that concerns me is the 'battle cards'. This is why I am so eager to see it... End of May is fine, maybe we can even play it in the summer? Maybe??

Return to “Sovereignty”