Alpha/Beta testing

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Alpha/Beta testing

Post by generalgonzo »

Hi,
will there be the possibility for joining alpha/beta testing in the near future or is this game planned without any alpha/beta testing from outside ?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Re: Alpha/Beta testing

Post by lordzimoa »

We always do a large and extensive Beta testing rounds on all our games, in time be sure it will be announced here and like with all other games out of the Slitherine`s stable you will be able to enter the Beta test registration here at Slitherine`s front webpage.
Terrement
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Terrement »

Great news then! have done Betas for BBC Battle Academy and Panzer Corps and looking forward to the chance to help "test drive" this one!

JJ
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

I hope to be in the beta as well. Will you announce here as well when the beta test registration is available?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Yes, of course.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Hi guys,

Just a little heads-up, we evaluated Sovereignty last week if we could go into Beta and we decided we still wanted to improve a few points before the game is ready for a first Beta group, so this will take a few more weeks. But definitely Beta is coming closer each week...

Once we announce the opening of the Beta registration, the real Beta should follow a few weeks later, around that time we will also show a bit more about the game, screenshots, boxart, we are working on a website with some more info...
generalgonzo

Post by generalgonzo »

sounds great, thanks for feedback
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Thanks for letting us know.
Can not wait.
Samhain
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Samhain »

Exciting stuff.
In spite of the Final Fantasy character it's pronounced sao-win after the Irish pagan god of death. I'm not a pagan but we're on a wargames website so I thought it fitting.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

A small update, the guys are working on finetuning the ingame tutorial, once we get this in, we do another pass with Slitherine if the game is ready enough to enter into a first Beta round.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

One word
"Awesome"
:)
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Sooo.... I assume the game was not yet ready to enter beta, since 2 weeks are gone and no update. Not complaining, just eager to know.

What kind of delay are we talking about, end of June or end of summer?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

We are still implementing the ingame tutorial and we have decided we need to do some more evaluating together on the UI, it still misses something...

So until everybody is happy we keep on working, it has no use to start Beta until at least we ourselves are convinced this is the best we can do. Sorry guys.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Sounds better and better all the time.
Thanks for keeping us informed.
Samhain

Post by Samhain »

lordzimoa wrote:We are still implementing the ingame tutorial and we have decided we need to do some more evaluating together on the UI, it still misses something...

So until everybody is happy we keep on working, it has no use to start Beta until at least we ourselves are convinced this is the best we can do. Sorry guys.
No problem. I'm still trying to get the hang of The Great War. Since I got it around Christmas and haven't had the skill to do very well so not the will to finish even one game I can get a feel of attrition firsthand. To think I won my first ever games of CEAW and Napoleon...
In spite of the Final Fantasy character it's pronounced sao-win after the Irish pagan god of death. I'm not a pagan but we're on a wargames website so I thought it fitting.
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Thanks for the info. Definitely take your time. I have been involved with the beta of Eador Master of the Broken Worlds, and although the game is definitely good (more than good), they rushed both beta and release, with obvious unpleasant consequences... Don't want to repeat that...
generalgonzo

Post by generalgonzo »

Regarding Eador: it´s not that bad - i have nearly no bugs and after the massive patching including new Features the game is fine now.

Looking Forward to a sovereignity beta :-)
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

On the contrary, Eador is a fantastic game, and it will become soon a masterpiece... that does not negate the fact that it was released too soon.

I hope Sovereignity will be as good, and less 'buggy' at release. I love everything I read about Sovereignity, my only concern is related to the battle cards, which I don't understand since nothing more was revealed.
Samhain

Post by Samhain »

This battle cards stuff sounds good to me though whatever it could possibly be.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Working on redoing the whole main User Interface layout... was just not working as we hoped, so back to the drawing boards. hence the reason why we postponed the Beta... I try and keep you informed on progress.

Return to “Sovereignty”