HISTORY Legends of War has released in North America

PC/PS Vita/X360/PS3 - Beautiful turn based, squad based combat set during WW2.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

HISTORY Legends of War has released in North America

Post by admin »

One of the most intense turn-based strategy games to date, HISTORY Legends of War takes players along the path of General Patton’s Third Army at the height of the Second World War. 

The game, available for Xbox360 and PlayStation3 and has just released in the US and Canada and will come to Europe and Australia in February 2013. With over 20 missions, 4 operations, cutting edge graphics and a unique combination of strategy game mechanics and RPG elements, HISTORY Legends of War is a delight for all strategy fans looking for this genre on the consoles. PC and PS Vita versions are coming soon!

Image Image Image Image

The game is now available in all major retail chains and online stores across North America.

Get more information on the product page!
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: HISTORY Legends of War has released in North America

Post by FroBodine »

So, if it is available, how come we cannot purchase it? I don't see it on MatrixGames website either. What is going on? Is it released or not?
reapagan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by reapagan »

Gamestop online or Amazon.I've got the PS3 version and am ordering the PC version. Fun game, not grognard stuff but fun. I will trade mine PS3 version in when I get the PC version, console controls are a little rough with this sort of game.
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

Thanks reapagan. The news page for this game that you can click on from Slitherine's home page says the PC version is available now. But, apparently it is not for a while yet. If the PC version is not available, they should fix this announcement. MatrixGames show the PC release as February 2013.

I would just like to know when the PC version is really going to be available for digital download.

Thanks!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes sorry its a typo. The PC version was supposed to release simultaneously but there were a few issues we wanted to fix so had to hold it back.

The PC download version wont be available till Feb. Just a note - its huge so you might want to get the boxed version. Its 4.5 GB currently! We're working to reduce the size but I don't know how much space we can save.
Richcat
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Richcat »

Its looks absolutely great from the screen shots, but will have to wait to get my hands on it in UK.
Cheers
Richcat
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine »

Thanks Iain. I look forward to checking it out in February. 4.5 Gb is not so big anymore. Heck, I download 10+ GB games from Steam all the time.
MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by MrsWargamer »

As of right now, this evening, the X-Box option is at Amazon.COM not .CA. No sign of any other version. And they are listing them as Nov 20 and as 'Out of Stock' likely till February (in the case of PC) which will only annoy people and not aid in marketing (someone better jump on that or it is going to only generate problems).

Gamestop aka EB Games in Canada has no knowledge of this game (according to a buddy who is a manager of the local EB Games as his computer says the game doesn't exist according to the company ordering process).

I am ok with needing to wait a little longer, but, I thought it might interest any who are currently prowling for this game.

To be honest, this is 2012 (almost 2013) and someone needs a smack in the head as there simply is no such thing as the "European Market" (yes that might sound like a shock, but on the internet, no one cares where you live). In my view, it should be on sale on the company web site store or not on sale at all. Just my opinion, but holding off till February for Europe and Australia = they are not worth as much to the company, and that if you ask me is insulting to those guys.

I think it is a mistake holding back the PC release as well. I mean, come on guys, we CAN wait collectively till February, but a mangled release is almost the same as what has happened/happening thanks to malicious behaviour that recently plagues Commander the Great War.
reapagan

Post by reapagan »

PC version is impossible to find, PS3 and Xbox 360 were both available from gamestop online ( I received the PS3 version on tuesday from gamestop online) and last I looked Amazon online. And a lot of the Russian and Eastern European made games are available only in Europe(lots of good tbs stuff by the way) before it's available here in the US. It is not in the gamestop database at the store level for some reason(me being a sales associate with Gamestop and before that EB for 2 decades).
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

I guess it is all about how one looks.

Amazon.com has 4 left in stock as I type, but don't use the search engine (won't find it) I was able to see it when I clicked on the PS3 games menu choice though.

I'd likely buy it if not for it being .com which in the past has been a hassle for me, and would prefer it to be .ca as being from Canada, it would not be crossing a border (and all that that entails). 61 bucks US though makes this a maximum purchase right up there with all the best of video gaming. Paid as much for Guild Wars 2 for PC a bit back. So I guess those among us routinely used to crying and whining over the price of their games and how they want them to be as cheap as video games normally are, well guess what, that IS what video games cost :)

I'm spent out though, I think this one will still be on my list come January 01 2013 (not by choice, just gunna need to wait I guess). Hoping my local EB Games can get it in for me instead of needing to go via online.
roces1983
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by roces1983 »

Will there be a release date for europe? (PS3)
I'm from Austria, sorry for my english ;)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes Europe is coming in Feb 2013. We just had approval for PS3 and 360 versions for Europe today!
roces1983

Post by roces1983 »

Yes! Great! Thanks for the Information!
I'm from Austria, sorry for my english ;)
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

This game still eludes a Canadian.

If you look under .com, you can find it. Not under .ca though.

But something is bothering me. WTF is up with 30 bucks US and 50 bucks Canadian?

As I type this, the Canadian dollar is worth MORE than a lousy US dollar, so why am I expected to pay more from a Canadian source? not impressed with that at all.

At the moment, I am in no real hurry to get the game. The holiday season has been fairly used up for the most part, and I likely will be able to survive till the next year. But I would like to know that the title will be realistically priced in time.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The pricing is entirely down to the local stores - the distributor will have a wholesale price which wont vary much if at all and then they decide on what to charge. It is one of the issues with going to retail - pricing is no longer under our control at all.

I have no idea why you can't see it in Canada though. Can you give me the urls of the stores you've tried so we can pass to our NA distributor.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Ian my local store is an EB Games outlet and the store manager says their systems have no knowledge of it currently.

Meanwhile my other responses have come from Google searches so far.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks - passing on the info.
brighter
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by brighter »

Thanks