the nature of WMD weapons

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

iplaypfc2015
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

the nature of WMD weapons

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

anybody here find the inability to block WMD kinda impractical and lame?

anyone here respect facts and real science?

actually within recent years, there report israel arms company built this laser missle cannon that supposably kills missle, assuming nukes too i think.

so i think it is plausaible in the expect far future you can kill nukes with laser cannon before reaching you.

maybe there should be a similar intercepting defense for black hole too. didn't read the text for the black hole technology. but what black hole essentially is is a hole in normal space and sucks in whatever, even light. now it has been theorize that it is a portal into another dimension or whereever. of course the gateway into somewhere else is really speculative cuz no no one knows for sure.

but to make this short, don;t think they got into how the black hole is deployed. but i think it is logical to assume it is some particle energy or like that rupture normal space and this make black hole. and anything that is deployed like a nuke missile should be interceptatble and neutralizable. :mrgreen:
PvtHudson
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: the nature of WMD weapons

Post by PvtHudson »

And how do you suppose to storm (in game) the city equipped with these defences? By endless human wave attacks? Sometimes realism must give way to gameplay.
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

PvtHudson wrote:And how do you suppose to storm (in game) the city equipped with these defences? By endless human wave attacks? Sometimes realism must give way to gameplay.
its quite simple and can take lesson from reality. there was an audit some time back about nations with nukes. and i think russia and usa has some of the most advanced ones. while china has them ,some of them were beleived to be antiquated and/or nonfunctional.

but to address your comment. whoever has the most wins. hypothetically if usa and russia duke it out in nuke war, they would be be hurt severely i think. and that idea deters the nuke war.

in this game, whoever runs out of blocks would be vulnerable. :twisted:
PvtHudson

Post by PvtHudson »

This makes sense. Another coil of sword/shield competition spiral, like planet busters and orbital defense pods of SMAC. The anti-WMD defenses have to be depletable.
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer

Post by Xilmi »

PvtHudson wrote:And how do you suppose to storm (in game) the city equipped with these defences? By endless human wave attacks? Sometimes realism must give way to gameplay.
Have you considered using artillery?
Since units cannot heal in a city sieged by artillery you will eventually be able to bring any defender down far enough till you can kill it with the other units you siege the city with.
PvtHudson

Post by PvtHudson »

Xilmi wrote:Have you considered using artillery?
Supposing equal tech level, the foe can hit your troops in the field with nukes, but you cannot hit him with nukes behind city walls? No, thanks.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

PvtHudson wrote:
Xilmi wrote:Have you considered using artillery, against cities?
Supposing equal tech level, the foe can hit your troops in the field with nukes, but you cannot hit him with nukes behind city walls? No, thanks.
It could be a good tactic to compell the cities to trash their own country, if cleaning the radiations was very long. Then they could die little by little.
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

PvtHudson wrote:
Xilmi wrote:Have you considered using artillery?
Nukes are on an 8 turn CD and you cannot have more than cities. Artilleries can fire every turn and the amount you could have is not unlimited.

Units sieging the city can spread out to minimize the damage from nukes. Units inside of cities cannot spread out because then they wouldn't be inside the city anymore.

And as Eriss said: When you can force them to use nukes inside their own territory, it's not that good for them either.

Also I thought we were talking about the "what if if there were no nukes?"-scenario. And I was just saying that taking cities would still be possible without them since artillery basically fulfills a somewhat similar role in damaging a whole stack and preventing units from healing.
iplaypfc2015

Post by iplaypfc2015 »

actually with all 3 layer of wall for a city and max tech for former. even my formers refuging behind city only get knocker down from 100% to 66% from 3 nukes. much less damage done to tanks. a single nuke seem do nothing to my tanks outside city wall. and within, its insignificant.

and a single or 2 -3 nukes on a 3 hex don;t seem much trouble to clean in my experience. i usually have 2 amphibious former working on a hex at a time.
Xilmi

Post by Xilmi »

Exactly. Nukes are only dangerous if you notoriously stack your units. That's why the AI will mostly use them to trash your improvements and specials as well as to sink transport-ships.
That's also why I think no additional anti-nuke-device or unit is necessary. Simply avoid stacking too much and avoid getting your transport-ships spotted by swimming through the enemies land.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”