Pandora - First Contact

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pandora - First Contact

Post by IainMcNeil »

Pandora is a new project from Proxy Studios. This exciting young development team has bags of energy and enthusiasm and also piles of talent. Expect Pandora for Q3 2012.

Overview:
Pandora: First Contact is a science-fiction turn-based strategy game of epic scale. The player leads his chosen human faction over multiple centuries on a newly discovered earth-like planet into an unknown future. Pandora features research, diplomacy, economy, warfare and endless replayability with the exploration of exciting and randomly-generated worlds.

Important Features:
• Discover a new world harboring a variety of ecoregions, ranging from the frozen ice lands of the north, to vast deserts and lush tropical forests in the south.
• Encounter and survive the planet's dangerous wild life. Agile predators in the steppes, deadly insect swarms in the jungle, or gigantic creatures lurking in the abyss of the oceans.
• Ruins and artifacts, the relics of an ancient alien civilization long forgotten, provide you advantages against other rivaling factions.
• Over the centuries, progress through a vast research tree spanning dozens of technologies and providing buildings, units, weapons, and more.
• Negotiate trading or research pacts with other factions for mutual benefits. Forge alliances to stand united against common foes.
• Build new cities to expand the borders of your empire. Manage cities by choosing building or unit production and assigning priorities to your colonists.
• Shape the landscape with terraforming: construct farms, mines, forts, or other improvements to increase the productivity of your colonies or to fortify positions.
• Command vast armies on the battlefield against enemy factions. Utilize the planet's terrain, for example by fortifying in hills or hiding troops in forests or mountains.
• Design your own units, choosing from a variety of different classes, weapons and armors to maximize the strength of your forces.
• Unleash hell on your opponents with powerful military operations, ranging from drop pods behind enemy lines to black hole generators eradicating entire landscapes.
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Pandora - First Contact

Post by MajVonRyan »

Hi Iain,

It might be a great game, but I would want to see some screenshots once they are available.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're still catching up from the event but screens and product pages will be available soon!

Some info from one of the journalists with some screens here:
http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/opening-the-box/
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

iainmcneil wrote:We're still catching up from the event but screens and product pages will be available soon!

Some info from one of the journalists with some screens here:
http://www.strategycore.co.uk/news/opening-the-box/
Thanks Iain.
JohnyCat
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by JohnyCat »

My 17 year old son would love this. He is a core gamer but wont play WWii. I think this could introduce a new generation to Slitherene games. Your games are awesome and your customer support and forums are second to none. Im sure a new generation would be hooked in and try the core games when they discover Slitherine through this new game.
MarsRobert
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by MarsRobert »

I like what I see with Pandora so far. It sounds a lot like Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, but this is not necessarily a bad thing because Alpha Centauri was a great game. In any event I hope the factions in Pandora are as interesting and colorful as they were in AC. Anyway, I will be watching this game with great interest. It's about time Slitherine released a 4X space strategy game. ;)
Casaubon

Post by Casaubon »

I also liked Alpha Centauri, hopefully this game will feature some elements of Master of Orion 2
valamelkor
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by valamelkor »

Any update for development status?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We've had a closed beta running for some time but will be opening up to a wider testing group very soon.
valamelkor

Post by valamelkor »

Hi Iain,

Thank you for response.

I like the concept and want to help.

Sign me in for beta, if needed. :) I've already applied, but no response to the date.
Randall747
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Randall747 »

Hi i signed up for the beta testing do you know when it might open again
thanks
Randall
valamelkor

Post by valamelkor »

Any status updates? Lack of information never was a good sign :)
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Working on it with a solid pace. The longer the wait the better the game. :-)
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
valamelkor

Post by valamelkor »

Hi, SephiRok

Thank for update. I absolutely agree with you and definitely not pushing your team :)

However, better publicity will bring more attention to your work, which is always good.
So, I am asking you for regular updates on development, this also will allow you to get early feedback from the community.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

At the moment we're doing a bit of polishing and adding some much needed terrain types. But really, we fix, improve and add whatever we feel is important and it can change from day to day.

I'm quite looking forward to the feedback from the beta!
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
valamelkor

Post by valamelkor »

Hi All,

Hope you've all enjoyed Christmas Holidays :)
Any update for the status of development? New screenshots, concepts, etc?
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

We're currently getting ready to make a video.

Besides other things we've reimplemented citizen allocation. Before only one colonist could work on the same resource type per tile, now you can have as many as desired, but with diminishing returns. We also changed the interface from a percentage allocation for citizen jobs to dragging actual citizens between the jobs like in MOO2.

At the moment we're making cities, farms and mines dynamically construct from building meshes, and reworking our internal build infrastructure, which you probably don't care about. :-)

Stay tuned for the video!

Cheers,
Rok
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Also follow @proxy_studios, in case you don't mind technical gibberish inbetween. I post there first when there's something worth posting.

Have a happy New Year's!
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
Martok
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Martok »

SephiRok wrote:We're currently getting ready to make a video.

Besides other things we've reimplemented citizen allocation. Before only one colonist could work on the same resource type per tile, now you can have as many as desired, but with diminishing returns. We also changed the interface from a percentage allocation for citizen jobs to dragging actual citizens between the jobs like in MOO2.

At the moment we're making cities, farms and mines dynamically construct from building meshes, and reworking our internal build infrastructure, which you probably don't care about. :-)

Stay tuned for the video!

Cheers,
Rok

Sounds good so far. Looking forward to the video!
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

Which platform(s) is this game being produced for?

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”