Scenario's and Campains (help Needed)

PC/Mac : Approachable and innovative WW2 strategy game on the east front played at the operationsal level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Scenario's and Campains (help Needed)

Post by cedonxp »

This is going to be my 1st attempt to create a scenario. I know its rough but I would appreciate help. I created the kursk 43 scn.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mkz16p
Last edited by cedonxp on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Scenario's and Campains (help Needed)

Post by cedonxp »

New version: 11 turns and a lot more Russian reinforcementshttp://www.sendspace.com/file/mkz16p. I got rid of the partisans for 2 reasons. 1st the Germans swept the area with anti partisan campaigns before Citadel. Makes sense when you don't want enemy eyes on your troop build up. 2nd because for some reason the partisan feature for the AI drags the AI turn to a very slow crawl until the partisan attacks are done. Anyway, give it a try.
Last edited by cedonxp on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cedonxp »

The northern pincer comprised of units from Army Group Center. Southern pincer Army group South heavily reinforced with SS panzer divisions. Also south of the SS Corps AG Kempf which was to push up parallel to the SS push. Reality the were too slow to help the SS's push to Prokhorovka.

Design notes: The Soviet units historically place more armored units to the northern side of the salient, believing this to be where the main German push was to take place. The AI does a great job of reacting the the southern push in the beta's. The Soviet infantry are are placed around the salient in 2 main lines. I know there were 3-4 lines but I could not fit them in.

The first couple of turns were slow on my machine. One divisions get wiped out the AI get faster. Also had issues with partisans with the AI slowed the game to a crawl. So I removed them.

Please give me some feedback.
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cedonxp »

Ok made some changes and fixed the scenario map size. Also dug in a lot of the soviet front line infantry and increase soviet reinforcements. Made some other tweaks. http://www.sendspace.com/file/mkz16p
stmccann
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by stmccann »

Good day - played the Kursk scenario - one of the early versions. Finished with German victory turn 8. Will try one of the newer versions to see how it has improved. Well done sir....
stmccann

Post by stmccann »

Played the 2nd version past couple of days - same result - German victory turn 8. This version played much better and was not so sluggish on the computer turn.

Return to “Unity of Command”