Graphics Help

PC : Conflict of Heroes - a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

jcgator
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Graphics Help

Post by jcgator »

Purchased the game earlier this week. I am running Windows 7 on an Athlon 3000 processor with 4GB RAM, but my NVIDIA GeForce graphics adapter isn't quite up to the task. Don't own many games requiring more intensive graphics and Slitherine games such as Field of Glory, Battle Academy and Panzer Corps run fine on my system. Do have a few issues with Shrapnel's SPMBT and SPWW2.

Anyway, when running Conflict of Heroes, certain scenarios were not displaying properly, so I switched to the PS2.0 Shader option which works much better. However, the game still slows down considerably during artillery strikes and when the AI is moving units. Are there specific adjustments I can make via the game's Preferences menu or any other settings that can be tweaked to speed things up a bit? Despite the somewhat sluggish pace, the game is enjoyable thus far. But, since I don't plan to buy a new Graphics card or upgrade my PC in the near future, I'm just hoping there's some relatively simple changes I could make to improve performance as I have a few other games such as "Scourge of War" on my radar which I doubt would run well under my current configuration.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Graphics Help

Post by VPaulus »

Well jcgator, you can always try change to lower values the overlay textures, sceneray density, max anisotropy and multi sampling as well enable simply water. But I'm not sure that will help your issue. From your description it could be also a CPU issue.
But you can try to change any of those options and see if there's any improvement. :)

Return to “Conflict of Heroes”