Problems with the level editor

Tech support for Team Assault

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Gastonshow
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Problems with the level editor

Post by Gastonshow »

Hi guys, I need your help with my problem...
I create the map so nice, and when i go to export it... FREEZE, no messages, no errors.. only freeze. I test the level editor in two another computers and the same errors or anothers more. Is there another version of the level editor? It can be solved? Thks and sorry about my english, Im from Argentina.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Problems with the level editor

Post by zakblood »

unknown sorry as i don't know what version you have installed,

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program,

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game.
run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
Gastonshow

Post by Gastonshow »

thanks for the rapid answer!
I have got the latest version 1.2
When I installed this version i got the level editor.
In this PC I have Win7 32x / 4gb Ram / 512MB Video
Gastonshow

Post by Gastonshow »

Right now... the program doesn´t work... error with the MTV3d35.dll file... but I have this file in win32 folder and also in the game folder.
Help me please!
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry but there's no other level editor. The development cycle already ended for this game, so there won't be a new one.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Gastonshow, sorry I didn't see your post until now.
Let me do some digging. this sounds some what familiar. I'll get back to you.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

It’s been a long while since I was in the Level Editor – we’ll start with the simple things first just to make sure.

The version for the Level Editor should be v0.61 (or at least that is the one I use.)

You should be doing your work out of the folder C:\user\Documents\My Games\Levels\Level Name
When you do the export the path should be C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Team Assault\Levels
Have “Levelname” filled in.
And it will take a good 5 or 10 minutes to run the export – maybe more. It can look like it freezes on you too. Especially if it’s a bigger map with a lot of “stuff” in it. Just be patient – even walk away if you have to.

What OS are you running this on?
I do not find the MTV3D35.dll file on my PC but find MTV3D65.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Team Assault\
You might want to check in to this being installed correctly.

Try all that and let me know if you get it to export. I would like to give your map a try then. A few of my maps are on the forum too if you’re interested.
:wink:

Return to “Team Assault : Tech Support”