Multiplayer Session, Sunday Jan 22 GMT 07.00 pm (19.00)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

teamgene
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by teamgene »

Yes I did! I was worried there for awhile. I got lucky early as he fired on my squad without luck and then my phase I was able to take out his squad. Sometimes that can be decisive.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Two great games - lost both - but still great.
Lillarpy crushed me with a hord of squads and Laxen snipered me to pieces.

Thanks you two - it was fun and can't wait for a rematch
:D
teamgene

Post by teamgene »

thanks to all, it was quite fun. :)
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

So what was the final tally?

I finished with the two games; one against Lillarpy and one against Laxen. Lost both of them.

The one against Laxen was a No Reinforcements. We were both down to only a handful of men, but Laxen had more snipers than me and just picked me off one by one. Control points were more or less meaningless and I think we were tied on those anyhow with 2 each.

Lillarpy showed me the meaning of “squad rushes”. He outflanked and used smoke with perfection. Plus I’m sure his intimate knowledge of the map helps a bit as well.

Who else was on and how did it go for you?
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

Xerkis wrote:The one against Laxen was a No Reinforcements. We were both down to only a handful of men, but Laxen had more snipers than me and just picked me off one by one. Control points were more or less meaningless and I think we were tied on those anyhow with 2 each.
Well, my fallschirmjagers on the flanks did a lot of the dirty work. They did not survive to collect their medals though, which probably is the reason that the snipers get all the cred. But without them you would be able to push through with quite some ease. They would probably not be enough to stop a rush force though, so I'm glad I didn't have to face Lillarpy's more aggressive approach in that game... that's where snipers have a hard time. In a defensive stalemate, they shine.
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
teamgene

Post by teamgene »

Well I was able to get one game in with Lillarpy. Not sure why Laxen and I cannot connect with each other. We played on the large Naples Countryside map. We both pushed the flanks early and early on the fire fight on my left flank was key. I had two two-man squads working with each other and he had one 3 man squad. He fired first but one unit was in level 3 cover and survived untouched and luckily my other suffered one casualty but it was not the squad leader. My phase I was able to get my flamethrower in range and one shot 3 kills! Had he been killed in Lillarpy's turn that flank would probably been lost. From there on I was able to bring a few snipers online to control the battlefield.

Oh and Xerkis would have been proud, I used a frag grenade! LOL
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

teamgene wrote:Oh and Xerkis would have been proud, I used a frag grenade! LOL
That’s the way.

I used them often – especially against Lillarpy – but must were blind man’s throws. I knew his squad moved in to some cover but they were out of LOS, so I would throw a few grenades in the area hoping to hit something.
:wink:
teamgene

Post by teamgene »

For those that don't know, I played a game against Xerkis where he had a squad on the other side of a fence and fragged my units to death. I kept moving in range think surely he was out of frags, but he kept having more and my units at that time didn't carry frags.

Return to “Match making forum”