Trying to Load Saved game or Autosave game it crashes

Tech support for Time of Fury

Moderator: Slitherine Core

kme37158
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Trying to Load Saved game or Autosave game it crashes

Post by kme37158 »

About 96 turns into the game cannot load from autosave or save. Most annoying.
:twisted:
doomtrader
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by doomtrader »

please end me the save game to doomtrader[at]wastelands-interactive.com
napoleric
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

how to load a saved game crashing during the loading process

Post by napoleric »

All,

I experienced as well a frustrating issue; you are in 1941 or later you are saving your game on a regular basis and after having spent hours on a game, you cannot reload a saved game without crashing the application...

here is a way to solve the issue :

1) locate the ConsoleOut.txt file

it should be in yourusername\Documents\My Games\Time of Fury and this file contains all application logs. When you are experiencing an application crash you will get at the end of the ConsoleOut.txt file a message similar (but not exaclty the same) to :

thread: 4604, -2] *****************************
[thread: 4604, -2] * FINISHED LOADING EVENTS *
[thread: 4604, -2] *****************************
[thread: 4604, -2] Otwieram plik z danymi AI ze sciezki...
[thread: 4604, -2] C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\Time of Fury\Saves\ger28\ai_data.csv
[thread: 4604, -2] Otwarcie OK
[thread: 4604, -2] ERROR: line 226 in ai_data.csv has incorrect variable name (0)!

when this happens, edit the ai_data.csv file that is located in \Documents\My Games\Time of Fury\Saves\ger28 (ie: in my example the name of my saved game is ger28).

then go to the line 226 of the excel sheet.
you will notice that the previous line (in my example 225) as a title SeeZoneToPatrol following by some numbers. remove all the numbers (not the entire line), save your file and try to reload your game.

you might need to do the exercice few times for the same saved game as the game will crash many time for the same saved game. however the error message in the consoleOut.txt will be different and will point to another line of the excel ai_data.csv sheet (but always a line number where the previous line represent a SeeZoneToPatrol title).

depending of the size of your game (and obviously the number of ship to patrol(!)) you might need to redo the exercice but at least you will be able to continue to play!

I hope it helps (until a patch will be provided).
best regards
Eric

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Hi napoleric,

Thanks for the information provided. You are indeed right.
kme37158

Load game crashes

Post by kme37158 »

Mine is working fine now thanks
Mantis
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Trying to Load Saved game or Autosave game it crashes

Post by Mantis »

I'm sorry to necro this, but the thread is two years old now and I am STILL having this issue with game after game. Is there no solution to this yet? It is VERY annoying. And now I have to (perhaps repeatedly) mod a file based on some numbers dug out of an error report?

Please don't get me wrong, I am sooooo happy after all this time to discover a fix. Yet I am deeply frustrated to find out this is a known issue, posted on Slitherine's own forums years ago, and there is nothing much done to correct it. Slitherine is a great company and has many fine games residing on my HD, so I'm quite surprised is all...

I have been on a quest for almost 40 years to find the 'perfect' grand strategic WWII wargame. I haven't found it yet. But Time of Fury comes closer on many levels than many other titles, and while not perfect, I confess to loving this game. But TBH this issue prevents me from playing more than once or twice a year instead of taking a break only once or twice a year! If there is any new info, or any official news on this issue, I'd be incredibly grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys.
Mantis

Re: Trying to Load Saved game or Autosave game it crashes

Post by Mantis »

Darnit! This also didn't fix my issue - my error came up as:

[thread: 1292, -2] ERROR: param2 for effect at line 1728 is not defined!

I'll head to Matrix forums to see what's up there.

Return to “Time of Fury : Tech Support”