TOF Bug Fix Solutions

Tech support for Time of Fury

Moderator: Slitherine Core

dgold
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

TOF Bug Fix Solutions

Post by dgold »

There are two major bugs in the latest V 1.06 of Time of Fury. These are caused by the game not building the correct *.ini files for each country in saved games:
• Terrain is not being used to modify combat calculations
• Major countries are using the tiny default minor country thresholds for calculating military upkeep costs, instead of using their own larger custom thresholds, therefore major country upkeep costs are way too high
Both these issues only manifest when your first and each subsequent saved game is loaded and played.

There is also a minor issue for Armored units attacking cities - ArmoredCityModifier = 0.5
I have edited the [LandCombatAttackerModifiers] section of each country’s *ini file to change this to ArmoredCityModifier = 1.0

The first solution is to firstly add this text using Windows Notepad, to each of the 16 country *ini files in the original Scenario directory, then save the edit – before starting a new game:

[LandCombatAttackerModifiers]
NoPanzersVsPanzers = 0.9
1DirectionAttack = 0.9
2DirectionAttack = 1.1
3DirectionAttack = 1.35
4DirectionAttack = 1.55
5DirectionAttack = 1.8
6DirectionAttack = 2
RiverPenalty = 0.75
PercentagePenaltyForEachFortLevel = 9
PercentageOverrunLossesForAttackers = 2
ArmoredCityModifier = 1.0

[LandCombatDefenderModifiers]
Plain = 1
Forest = 1.5
Rough = 1.7
Swamp = 1.25
Hills = 1.4
Mountain = 2
Desert = 1
City = 2
Fort = 0.1
NearbyDefendersValue = 0.05

Play the game, then when you first save and exit the game, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Time of Fury\data\scenarios\scenario name, then copy these 16 files:

(see attached picture file)

Then paste them into your current saved game at C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Time of Fury\Saves\Saved game name, overwriting the existing *.ini files with the same names.

When you subsequently load this saved game, the three identified issues will be corrected.

You must then repeat this copy and paste procedure for the 16 *.ini files, for each successive saved game. I just copy these (edited) files from the previous saved game directory to the same saved game directory.
No need to go back to the original scenario directory files.
Attachments
ini files.jpg
ini files.jpg (43.05 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
lt1956_slith
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: TOF Bug Fix Solutions

Post by lt1956_slith »

There is more than just this. The new patch cannot be fully uninstalled. I have tested on several PCs and what happens is there are 2 files 4 and 6 which have 0 bytes and cannot be uninstalled, even using special software. Worse yet, if you uninstall you cannot reinstall the game! There is a problem with the patch 1.06. User beware, I went back to 1.04 because of it.
AlbertN
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: TOF Bug Fix Solutions

Post by AlbertN »

Does not fix the Upkeep bug.

Return to “Time of Fury : Tech Support”