Units change sides

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

maguro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Units change sides

Post by maguro »

I thought there was already a thread covering this topic but having searched and found nothing here goes....

I was toying around with a August 44' scenario in eastern Romania and wanted to mimic the event where units of the Romanian army switched sides during the beginning of the Soviet operation. I was able to get the function to work but it was not without some trial and error. To anyone else interesting in using the function, the screen shot shows the settings I used in the scenario editor. I Hope it is helpful!
change sides.png
change sides.png (10.7 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Units change sides

Post by captainjack »

It's a bit late for you as you've already done the hard work, but Soviet Corps Romania scenario has Romanians switching sides and one of the Sealion ones had Vichy French units switching sides so you could have copied the scripts on those (though it doesn't always help me as sometimes the scripts don't make sense even when I know what they are supposed to be doing). It may still be worth looking in case they have used some tricks you overlooked. It's still good to be reminded of these nice features in the editor, so thanks for that.

A Scripts section in the stickies might be useful for inspiration. While on the subject of scripts, if anyone could screen shot a script for converting hexes to fortifications I am working on a scenario where you can build a fortified stop line during the scenario), I'd appreciate it.
maguro

Re: Units change sides

Post by maguro »

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know about that. I still haven't played all the way through Soviet Corps or I would've noticed that.

I did toy around with converting hexes to new terrain type in the editor a while back but I forgot how. I remember it being a tedious process, resulting in a lot of trial and error. I know there is a thread that at least partially covers this topic but I seem to get a "fatal error" msg every time I try the search engine.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”