Artillery Switch Mode for Panzer IVD and Panzer IIIN

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

maguro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Artillery Switch Mode for Panzer IVD and Panzer IIIN

Post by maguro »

It's a really nice touch. I'm looking forward to potential new Pz IV pack from the PzC support base!
Konigstiger88
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Konigstiger88 »

Also worth mentioning, the KV-2 had a 152mm howitzer as its main gun. The germans captured a number of these and planned to organize them into a special anti-fortification unit for the assault on malta. You could argue the KV-2 should also have and indirect fire mode, and for the captured german ones, the bunker busting trait.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Konigstiger: The KV-2 is already present in the game with an indirect fire mode switch... The Germans captured some of them and gave them some modifications to be used in the projected invasion of Malta. They added a Pz III type cupola on top of the turret and added some jerrycan racks on the hull back deck.
Konigstiger88
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Konigstiger88 »

guille1434 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:50 pm Konigstiger: The KV-2 is already present in the game with an indirect fire mode switch... The Germans captured some of them and gave them some modifications to be used in the projected invasion of Malta. They added a Pz III type cupola on top of the turret and added some jerrycan racks on the hull back deck.
That's strange, the amulet mod i'm using doesn't have that. I'll just copy it from the unmodded version. Is there an icon for the German KV-2 in artillery mode?
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

I think the switchable version of the KV-2 was included in Soviet Corps DLC. Maybe the Amulet mod used as a base a precious version of the eqp file and was not updated...
There WAS no icon for the German captured KV-2, but, fortunately you can download it now from the "PzCorps support base" thread... I think you know where to find it! :-)
Konigstiger88
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Konigstiger88 »

guille1434 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:53 am I think the switchable version of the KV-2 was included in Soviet Corps DLC. Maybe the Amulet mod used as a base a precious version of the eqp file and was not updated...
There WAS no icon for the German captured KV-2, but, fortunately you can download it now from the "PzCorps support base" thread... I think you know where to find it! :-)
Excellent! Thank you.
Konigstiger88
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Konigstiger88 »

A few other vehicles that had the short barreled 75mm gun; SDKfz 233 RAD (8-wheeled recon), SDKfz 251/9 Stummel (Halftrack; mentioned earlier), Aufkrarlungspanzer 38(t) (a recon version of the Pz 38(t), 2 prototypes built with the 75mm gun), the Neubaufahrzeug (prewar prototype heavy tank with dual 75/37 gun turret) and the SDKfz 234/3 (Puma recon 8-wheeled variant). All these are/could be recon vehicles, giving them a light artillery mode would make them much more versatile.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”