PHCAS Panzer Corps Gold MOD v1.22

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

petersbijland
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: PHCAS Panzer Corps Gold MOD v1.16

Post by petersbijland »

Keep up the good work. I am glad you are making this mod. It’s the bestond i know.
RobertCL
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by RobertCL »

Hi PHCAS,

*Making the B29 Enola Gay is no problem, but were to drop the bomb? We need the Pacific for that".

Uchrony is alternate history. Imagine a US scenario versus Soviets in August 1945.
Disputes between Allies form the last scenarios of Western Allies Campaign.

But OK let's concentrate on WW2 first...
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Operation Unthinkable Campaign in the coming?? :-)
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

RobertCL wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:41 pm
How about a B29 Enola Gay (with 100 HA and 100 SA) with 1 ammo only usable in a specific scenario once dropping one A Bomb) ? Just an idea.
I reckon a one-hex effect is more like a Tallboy. The way the damage mechanism works it's difficult to get more than about 80% kill chance, so you'd need to make a 15 to 20 strong bomber to be near-certain of eliminating a unit in the target area or RoF 150% plus (if you can do that for a bomber).

For a nuclear bomb, you should be looking at an effect roughly comparable to at least a major battle in a single attack. For example, allowing for wider damage and impact on the surrrounding areas - immediate surrounding area would be very disrupted for a fair while after due to rubble, fires, refugees, generall shock and horror all round, and substantial ground damage and flooding. You could do something like this with a scripted action when your bomber enters some preselected area. Effects along the llines of ompletely eliminates all units in and around that hex, and then say remove 7, 5,3,1 strength in the surrounding hexes (with some clever scripting you allocate tags semi-randomly, then tie the actual damage to the tag selected, so you can't be sure how big an area is affceted - I'd include a small chance og a Killall tag which wipes every unit. You could also turn the central hexes 2 or three rings of hexes to rough desert, while the outer affected ones are scripted to cause -1 Str, -5 fuel to any unit ending its turn in the area for the rest of the game.

Though to be honest, awarding a DV for placing unit "Enola Gay" over the Hiroshima hex woudl probably do the job more tidily.
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hi PHCAS,

I am playing now the GTPG v 1.16 campaign with PHCAS mod.

In Norway the Norwegian ships are German Sboats, in Belgium I have Belgian tactical bombers using Polish icon.
Me 109 E arrives only in Calais. I start the campaign in Spain with a Biplane (no Me 109) as fighter.

This being said the mod is a little jewel, despite those minor issues, I love the mod.

GTPG campaign is playable with vanilla e-file so I thought that PHCAS e-file was respecting the same unit slots than vanilla e-file.
However "issues" are minor, the campaign seems fully playable.

Note that Brandenburger should have the "ignore entrenchment" feature activated, otherwise he is not far better than standard Fallshirmjager, no ?

I already finished the GTPG campaign with Unit Elite Mod, I used the Brandenburger units to win each scenario, they ignore entrenchments and have a leg movement of 6 squares if I remember well:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=31526&start=400

But maybe you are right, for the sake of realism your Brandenburger unit in your mod should perhaps keep the current stats.

Anyway it is a real pleasure to replay this campaign with your mod.

Regarding nukes, Panzer Corps is surely not designed to use the kind of "power" after all. It was just fun for a hypothetical scenario, just my 2 cents.
zonks
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by zonks »

Fantastic mod, really adds to the game experience, thank you.
I was just wondering if the RSM (Real Sound Mod) would work with this mod?
phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: PHCAS Panzer Corps Gold MOD v1.17

Post by phcas »

Update 1.17 online now
GEL_Fw_154A1.png
GEL_Fw_154A1.png (66.37 KiB) Viewed 5887 times
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Nice mod, but the abundance of HQ units in Poland has me confused a bit. Any tips on what to do with those? Also, how do, you get the Poland scenario to end? There were no visible win conditions so after eliminating all Polish units and capturing every available flag I still get no end.
phcas

Post by phcas »

Shrike wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:07 am Nice mod, but the abundance of HQ units in Poland has me confused a bit. Any tips on what to do with those? Also, how do, you get the Poland scenario to end? There were no visible win conditions so after eliminating all Polish units and capturing every available flag I still get no end.
The Poland scenario of the mastercampaign is not finished because of a prestige point problem. It has to be fixed first.

HQ units are recon units. You can switch them between "travel" mode and "deployed" mode. In travel mode they just travel and have no special spoting range. When deployed they have a bigger spotting range and clear a area around them. Presenting the (radio) intel communications with other units.

Greetings PHCAS
phcas

Post by phcas »

zonks wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:40 am Fantastic mod, really adds to the game experience, thank you.
I was just wondering if the RSM (Real Sound Mod) would work with this mod?
RSM wil not work with the MOD but many sounds are replaced yet and more will in the future.

Greetings PHCAS
phcas

Post by phcas »

RobertCL wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:20 pm Hi PHCAS,

I am playing now the GTPG v 1.16 campaign with PHCAS mod.

In Norway the Norwegian ships are German Sboats, in Belgium I have Belgian tactical bombers using Polish icon.
Me 109 E arrives only in Calais. I start the campaign in Spain with a Biplane (no Me 109) as fighter.

This being said the mod is a little jewel, despite those minor issues, I love the mod.

GTPG campaign is playable with vanilla e-file so I thought that PHCAS e-file was respecting the same unit slots than vanilla e-file.
However "issues" are minor, the campaign seems fully playable.

Note that Brandenburger should have the "ignore entrenchment" feature activated, otherwise he is not far better than standard Fallshirmjager, no ?

I already finished the GTPG campaign with Unit Elite Mod, I used the Brandenburger units to win each scenario, they ignore entrenchments and have a leg movement of 6 squares if I remember well:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=31526&start=400

But maybe you are right, for the sake of realism your Brandenburger unit in your mod should perhaps keep the current stats.

Anyway it is a real pleasure to replay this campaign with your mod.

Regarding nukes, Panzer Corps is surely not designed to use the kind of "power" after all. It was just fun for a hypothetical scenario, just my 2 cents.
Oke I surrender, I will give the Brandenburger your "ignore entrenchment" in the next update :)

Because of the many changes in the equipment file I think it's not possible to play other campaigns than the PC and PHCAS MOD campaigns.

I am working on a schadow MOD also already. This MOD wil give you most of the units in the PHCAS gold MOD but will NOT change the scenario's and campaigns. Just much more units in the normal game.

Greetings PHCAS
phcas

Post by phcas »

RobertCL wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 pm Hi PHCAS,

*Making the B29 Enola Gay is no problem, but were to drop the bomb? We need the Pacific for that".

Uchrony is alternate history. Imagine a US scenario versus Soviets in August 1945.
Disputes between Allies form the last scenarios of Western Allies Campaign.

But OK let's concentrate on WW2 first...
Oke oke here it is, the B-29 Enola Gay :)
USA_B-29_AGx.png
USA_B-29_AGx.png (54.98 KiB) Viewed 5726 times
USA_B-29_AG.png
USA_B-29_AG.png (70.51 KiB) Viewed 5726 times
It will be in the next update as a nopurchase unit
Attachments
USA_B-29_AG.png
USA_B-29_AG.png (70.51 KiB) Viewed 5727 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

petersbijland wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:25 pm Keep up the good work. I am glad you are making this mod. It’s the bestond i know.
Thank you petersbijland, that sound a bit Dutch peterbijland.

Greetings PHCAS
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

phcas wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:19 am The Poland scenario of the mastercampaign is not finished because of a prestige point problem. It has to be fixed first.

HQ units are recon units. You can switch them between "travel" mode and "deployed" mode. In travel mode they just travel and have no special spoting range. When deployed they have a bigger spotting range and clear a area around them. Presenting the (radio) intel communications with other units.

Greetings PHCAS
Yeah, I figured as much because I ended up with well above 1000000 prestige points :-) Thanks for your response.
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hi PHCAS,

Thx for the Brandenburger and the B29 Enola Gay.

In 1941 you have a screen where new equipment is presented, the Kettenkrad SDKFZ 2 icon was missing.
I also got as captured unit a T34-76 MP40, there is no movement sound.

"Because of the many changes in the equipment file I think it's not possible to play other campaigns than the PC and PHCAS MOD campaigns"
GTPG Campaign v 1.16 is fully playable, do not worry (this is one of the best campaign ever for Panzer Corps). I am in Kiev scenario.

Your e-file brings a lot of added-value.
I love the recon airplanes giving me the German flag on cities I bomb.
I like all airplane icons especially.

Great you prepare a shadow mod (so same mod with same e-file but campaigns unchanged). But you should finish this one first. I prefer the campaigns you modify with extra obejectives and gret new messages along the scenarios.

In your previous PHCAS mod for US planes you used the "air force" image on the unit information image/screen, you also used the orange wildcat image for all US Anti-tank units. It was great. Why have you changed this ? For the sake of concistency to have all units using the same information screen ?

Keep up the good work, you gave me the e-file we all needed to enjoy this game, I could not come back to the original Panzer Corps anymore...
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

I downloaded your mod, updated to version 1.17 but not something in the original game has not changed! Installed through the program JSGME. What have I done wrong ?
Stormbringer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Stormbringer »

uzbek you must create a copy off the entire game and manual copy the mod in, i have many bug when i try why JSGME
"Seul celui qui sait comment mourir sait comment vivre"
maho1973
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by maho1973 »

uzbek2012 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:27 am I downloaded your mod, updated to version 1.17 but not something in the original game has not changed! Installed through the program JSGME. What have I done wrong ?
Hello uzbek2012,
I also use the GME and it works perfectly. I assume, you have unpacked the mod and copied it in the GME-Mod folder, right? But you have to "unwrap" the mod after unpacking. That means, that you have to open the unpacked file and copy the "Panzer Corps" folder into GME. Note: the complete mod (see the first post of this thread). :wink:
jeff00t
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by jeff00t »

i confirm, GME works with this excellent mod.
my custom single player mini-campaign in order of battle : normandie-niemen: Image
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

So there is an exact instruction how to connect this mod ?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”