What's that big yellow star for?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

What's that big yellow star for?

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Sorry to clutter up the forum with a stupid question, but I'm learning and analysing the editor by setting up a series of tests and making good progress, but I'm stuck on that yellow star in the 'Special Hexes' category. I've put one on the map but it seems to have no effect on anything whatsoever, unless I'm missing something. What's it for?
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: What's that big yellow star for?

Post by Mark50 »

Iirc (I don`t have the game installed anymore) the star is used to designate special places that trigger a distinction (first to enter X city or something like this) for their description. It doesn`t actually do something in terms of victory conditions.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanx, and I just found this bit in the Editor Manual that I missed before, duh..

4:6 SPECIAL HEXES
Gold Star: Bonus hex. This is item the game uses to hand out a special string to units (Hoisted victory flag over HEX STRING). Has no actual game play effect.

I just ran this test and it works..:)-
There's a Gold Star in the city of Nomonhan in the Khalkin Gol scen (it shows in the Editor but not on the map during play), so I ran this Russki armoured car into Nomonhan to capture it, then clicked its Battle History, and found it'd been credited with 'Hoisted victory banner over Nomonhan', so gold stars have no effect on gameplay, they just add a line to a units battle honours to give it bragging rights..:)

Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Wow, nice catch. Thanks!, I never knew about this.
Anyone can confirm some unwanted side effects?.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

I'm not sure if this is a benefit (an extra challenge) or a side effect (a distraction) , but if you know what the star objectives are, you could set a personal challenge to get one unit to capture them all.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”