***[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: ***[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 [DEMO]

Post by hugh2711 »

Would like to send you last save but i dont want to give my email address to a file company (i.e. register) and the board wont let me attach it to a post as it is too large (6MB). What can i do
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

hugh2711 wrote:Would like to send you last save but i dont want to give my email address to a file company (i.e. register) and the board wont let me attach it to a post as it is too large (6MB). What can i do
Ok.
I write email in PM.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

sent
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

I would like to explain two moment.

1. Do not forget to specify these settings when starting the campaign.

2. VICTORY CONDITION in DEMO version.
The primary victory points are indicated by a Red star.
Secondary victory points are not used to determine the winner.
VP is:
"Hold Murmansk, Kandalaksha, Smolensk, Roslavl, Luga, Novgorod, Narva, Kiev, Odessa. on the last turn."
PS. In the demo version there were a few event messages about victory points Moscow, Leningrad, etc. From the version for 49 turns. But it's just that I forgot to remove. :(
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

"...From the version for 49 turns..."

is this downloadable yet? thanks
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

hugh2711 wrote:"...From the version for 49 turns..."

is this downloadable yet? thanks
I sent you a link to download the version in 49 turns.
In addition to the number of turns, it is almost the same as the version in 20 turns.
But I added protection of the enemy territory from the invasion of player single units.
You can test :)

If someone needs it, I can send the link.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Thanks guille1434 for STZ-5 icon
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 60#p654955
now I have a sufficient set of icons for soviet transport.
And I can make more historical proportions for the types of transport for Soviet side.

And also completely rework the transport system for the Soviet side.
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

have just sent you a last save and report on a 49 turn game
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Intenso: My pleasure to be able to help! I uploaded an improved icon for the STZ-5. taking note of your suggestions. Also a STAVKA Hq building... ;-)
Thanks for thew feedback!
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

STAVKA HQ

The STAVKA High Command. Icon made by Guille, but I removed the barbed wire.
Command is from here.
Therefore, while this unit is located in Moscow, it generates some amount of prestige per turn.
But if you move it from Moscow or evacuate, there will be no additional prestige.
If a unit is lost, there will be a big penalty to prestige.
The unit also coordinates the air defense system (PVO) in Moscow and has a Radar trait(+1 Ini within Moscow).

What do you think, looks ok or too gloomy? :)
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

I think it looks about right... Good thing you removed the barbed wire barrier. Good modding work!
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Intenso82 wrote:STAVKA HQ

What do you think, looks ok or too gloomy? :)
Больше похожа эта ставка на Брестская крепость , а в Москве лучше кремль нарисовать ?

More like this rate on the fortress Brestintourist., and in Moscow the Kremlin to draw ?
http://posmotrim.by/article/brestskaya_krepost1.html
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

uzbek2012 wrote:More like this rate on the fortress Brestintourist., and in Moscow the Kremlin to draw ?
As the Brest Fortress is good, but then we need to paint in the color of red brick.
Sov_Stavka_Hq-green.png
Sov_Stavka_Hq-green.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
The fact is that this unit can be moved by train.
With the Kremlin icon it's hard to do :)

And if so ?
88.jpg
88.jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Here is a more compat version of the HQ, which obscures a smaller part of the hex is based on...
Attachments
Sov_Stavka_Hq-small.png
Sov_Stavka_Hq-small.png (24.04 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Intenso82 wrote:
uzbek2012 wrote:More like this rate on the fortress Brestintourist., and in Moscow the Kremlin to draw ?
As the Brest Fortress is good, but then we need to paint in the color of red brick.
Sov_Stavka_Hq-green.png
The fact is that this unit can be moved by train.
With the Kremlin icon it's hard to do :)

And if so ?
88.jpg

Красиво ) Жаль что вы не делаете мод про вторжение в США
Beautiful ) it is a Pity that you don't do a mod about the invasion of USA
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

guille1434 wrote:Here is a more compat version of the HQ, which obscures a smaller part of the hex is based on...
Looks better?
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Finished working on the transport system.
Ranked all the tranport means by type and load-carrying capacity.
And made the conformity of the carrying capacity of vehicles to the weight of the weapons platforms.
And also made a limitation on the historical availability and limitations for improving the gameplay.
This was a very interesting experience. :)

Since I love statistics.
Now I'm studying military production rate during this period of the war.
By years and by months. And the number of units for Soviet mobilization.
I take information from different sources.
I hope this will greatly affect to this mod.
This is also quite interesting :)
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Intenso82 wrote:The fact is that this unit can be moved by train.
With the Kremlin icon it's hard to do

Well, to be honest, I do not really understand how could anyone transfer a large concrete bunker to anywhere. :?: If you really want to add a HQ which can be transfered it should be a more mobile one, I think. Seeing a concrete bunker unit in the middle of Moscow looks a bit off, by the way.

I think the main problem with HQ units in PzC is that they can add very little bonus to the surrounding units. Really, 'radar' is the only trait that can have some meaningful effect, but it is very insignificant. Some other bonus effects can be added by scripts, of course, but it is limited to certain AI zones which does not really help the mobile HQ unit concept as AI zones are fixed throughout the scenario.
Intenso82 wrote:Now I'm studying military production rate during this period of the war.
By years and by months. And the number of units for Soviet mobilization.
Yes, I also found these very interesting. Especially the fact that even though the USSR almost always suffered heavier losses, it still managed to gradually increase the number of its tanks, guns, aircraft, etc. compared to the Germans, who only struggled to maintain their original strength. Which made me think that the outcome of the war was decided in the factories and not on the battlefields.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

McGuba wrote: Well, to be honest, I do not really understand how could anyone transfer a large concrete bunker to anywhere. :?: If you really want to add a HQ which can be transfered it should be a more mobile one, I think. Seeing a concrete bunker unit in the middle of Moscow looks a bit off, by the way.
We are still in search of a solution for HQ.
A good solution would be an icon of the generals, in the infantry style of the PZC, but it is very difficult to make.

It is simply a building, not necessarily a bunker.
Well, the movement of the bunker can be explained by the fact that people leave the bunker/building, get on the train with everything necessary, go to another point and find another bunker/building there :)
The bunker is not a straightforward, but a figurative image.
McGuba wrote:I think the main problem with HQ units in PzC is that they can add very little bonus to the surrounding units. Really, 'radar' is the only trait that can have some meaningful effect, but it is very insignificant. Some other bonus effects can be added by scripts, of course, but it is limited to certain AI zones which does not really help the mobile HQ unit concept as AI zones are fixed throughout the scenario.
Yes I agree.
Therefore only the radar trait is used.
In the beginning I wanted to make a unit of searchlights with a radar trait, but for now I decided to combine with HQ.
We need the trait that would be attached to the units, and had an effect on the nearest units.
I hope in PZC2 it will appear. :)
McGuba wrote:Yes, I also found these very interesting. Especially the fact that even though the USSR almost always suffered heavier losses, it still managed to gradually increase the number of its tanks, guns, aircraft, etc. compared to the Germans, who only struggled to maintain their original strength. Which made me think that the outcome of the war was decided in the factories and not on the battlefields.
Yes.
And i have a difficult task.
I have feedback that the Germans are too strong in RAW mod.
But if I weaken them, we'll have to make hordes of reinforcements for the Germans.
And if I strengthen the units of the Soviet side, we will get a huge strong army at the very beginning of the war.
I hope I can get a balance and solve this problem :)

It's interesting that the Soviets also wanted "to retain" their original strength in 20,000 tanks no more :)
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Intenso82 wrote:Yes.
And i have a difficult task.
I have feedback that the Germans are too strong in RAW mod.
Personally, I did not really feel the German units too strong when I test played 1941. As you wrote, if they are weaker, they cannot reach Moscow by December. My only concern was the relative weakness of the T-34, I think it should have a bit stronger GD (like 13-15) - but we have already discussed it in detail. I think the infantry and other units are well balanced for 1941. In later war years the Soviets can get some improved units for better balance. But in 1941 the Axis side has to be significantly stronger as they captured more territory than in any other year of the war.

I think the real challange with a Soviet campaign is how to make your players to keep playing even after suffering huge losses and lands in the first months. It is easy to understand that most people would lose enthusiasm after suffering the historical losses. The player has to be a little Stalin in order to keep the faith after all the setbacks, but for most people Stalin is not a good idol to follow. :|
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”