[Mod] Amulet Mod - Units/Graphics/Sound Mod

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

danijocker90
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: [Mod] Amulet Mod - Units/Graphics/Sound Mod

Post by danijocker90 »

Ten 8.8 cm Flak 18 anti-aircraft guns were mounted on pedestals on DB s8 and DB 9 chassis in 1939 as the 8.8 cm Flak 18 (Sfl.) auf Zugkraftwagen 12t (Sd.Kfz. 8 ) for anti-tank duties. A gun shield was provided for the 88, but the gun crew had no other protection. The gun could fire directly ahead without any problem, but traverse was limited to 151° to each side by the gun shield. Elevation was between -3° and +15°.
Wikipedia SdKfz.8

So, this gun is like a Stug with steroids but no more. It dont have enough mobility to perform long range support.

I will stick to current AT role and no switch.

Ckraiderfan1 thanks for asking for a new icon. If it is finally done i would use it. If anything to make worth the artist time and fun making a super unit. But for historical use i find it now useless, not a priority.
ckraiderfan1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

No problem my man have a good weekend :)
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

The BuFla is an interesting unit and it's nice to see it being used. I might have to incorporate it into my private mod, which is (so far) largely based in France.

I've read of these units being used in a direct fire role against the forts around Sedan and seen images of bunkers showing damage consistent with 88mm hits. The name BuFla was adapted from Bunker Flak. I can't say I've heard of them being used in an AA role but that could be because the Luftwaffe had control of the skies at the time. The German shortage of mobile artillery was largely compensated by stukas then, so you'd think that if the BuFla had been used in a mobile artillery role it would have been commented on and if it had been effective it would almost certainly have been taken up on a bigger scale. A production run of 10 suggests either it wasn't very good or wasn't tried for general artillery purposes.
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Most likely it was a victim of the speed of ever evolving war time technology. They were designed for a very specific purpose and we're never intended to be put into full production
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

There were so few produced that it should have a very short availability period and only awarded as an SE unit
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Here you go bro :D the down load with the masks are available in Guilles panzer corps support base Guille is the best these Icons are beautiful thanks again Guille

8.8cm_Flak18_(Sfl.)_AT.png
8.8cm_Flak18_(Sfl.)_AT.png (19.64 KiB) Viewed 7658 times

8.8cm_Flak18_(Sfl.)_Aty.png
8.8cm_Flak18_(Sfl.)_Aty.png (21.02 KiB) Viewed 7658 times
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

Wow. Amazing job. :D
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

Ok, after replacing the new icons the Arty animation needs a bit of edition.

So, after a few tests i think the new numbers are:

Panzer Corps\Graphics\efx.pzdat

Code: Select all

Sdkfz_8_Bunker_Flak.png	(35,-40)	(-35,-40)	(,)	(,)	88mm_Artillery						HanomagSS100_1		
SE_Sdkfz_8_Bunker_Flak.png	(35,-40)	(-35,-40)	(,)	(,)	88mm_Artillery						HanomagSS100_1		
SS_Sdkfz_8_Bunker_Flak.png	(35,-40)	(-35,-40)	(,)	(,)	88mm_Artillery						HanomagSS100_1		
Lazy Ass Pack -->
New BunkerFlak Graphics.7z
(255.79 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

Nice!!!! good work
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

Many thanks for taking the interest in this mod! I have had several things in my mind, but now I am ready to answer.

The Bunkerflak icon: Yes, it is true, the elevation of the "old" Bufla is just too high. At the time I created the icon I didn't think about a lower elevation. This would have been less complicated, but I was not too experienced at this time. So, the Bunkerflak was created similar to an old icon before, which was wrong. (I think the former icon came from Balck :wink: )

(BTW: If there is a mod upgrade, the new bunkerflak icon will most likely be incorporated (alongside E tanks).)

The usage of the Bunkerflak (historically): This was a mere anti-tank weapon. The elevation limits did not allow for flak use. However, it is possible to "pummel" areas with artillery fire as well without engaging too much. I wanted that to be reflected somehow, so I created a range 1 artillery sub-function. This was also in line with all the other anti-tank guns, at least most of them. Feel free to delete it, if it sounds too weird.

Now the real stuff I am thinking about: :D
ckraiderfan1 wrote:ya but the trick is is to make flak an arty non purchase and also and make those units availability date after 1946 or the game will freeze also the unit switch chain has to be correct like this...

(AT unit #1 switch to flak unit #2), (Flak unit #2 switch to Aty unit #3), (Aty unit #3 switch to AT unit #1) or it wont work
I was thinking about the same idea quite some time when working at the mod. I went through some testing with this, even with infantry and airplane units.

However, and maybe I am wrong, but I got weird results with triple switches. Meaning when I implemented this there was always some interruption and I could not switch anymore. It just stopped. :? I was not able to find the reason for this, so I decided to keep it safe. So, only two switches are possible for 8.8 normal flaks as for now.

Although it is quite possible that I will start another test run with this, I am still skeptical about proper function about a triple switch. Do you think it works? However, if you find out that a triple switch would work, then the likelyhood is great for an appropriate mod upgrade. :wink: Please inform me when this works, although I have different stuff up and running.
Amulet Mod: Massive unit, graphics and sound mod. :) At this time, for German units only.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=63616&p=541656#p541656
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

ckraiderfan1 wrote:You can not buy SE units in this mod. The mobile air field only has 1 hex for refueling because it has a smaller capacity for planes. There are Grenadier units but they are SE units they show up In one of the scenarios in 44 west. Its playing the Panzer march song because they are SS tank units. The SE infantry has a different song
Many thanks for the answer. It was correct. The sound is largely taken from VPaulus mod.

The one thing I am wondering about, however, is the question about grenadier units. What kind of units do you mean, Grenadiere Inf, EL Grenadiere and SE Grenadiere Inf? I guess I have implemented them. But there are still some missing, you say? I guess you are throwing me in a deep hole of depression here :wink:

Generally speaking, the assignment of SE units works the random way. You can only get a limited number of SE units dependent on the scenarion design. You cannot buy SE units. You can only buy EL units. So, if you do not see anything in the SE grenadier range, and want a Greandiere SE unit, then you have to 1) wait until you get it after a scenario victory, given the number of assignable SE units is not maxed out already; or 2) same as 1, but reload so many times until you get it; or: 3) try to get a different SE infantry unit, and upgrade it to grenadiere (year 40).

In one of my test runs, I was playing GTPG hand picked choice. At Madrid, I was assigned one SE infantry unit, a normal SE bridge engineer. This unit I would have been able to upgrade to any kind of unit, even grenadiere.
Amulet Mod: Massive unit, graphics and sound mod. :) At this time, for German units only.
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

I got it to work with the Infantry units I had a regular infantry that could switch to a mortar then to anti aircraft then back to infantry and it worked great
but I think i used an older equip file framwork I havnt tried it on your amulet mod yet I have been working on my own Diabolical unit up grade for this mod:)
Anduril

Post by Anduril »

8.8cm Flak 37 Selbstfahrlafette auf 18 ton Zugkraftwagen

For a higher range in the arty mode, has been the bufla very steep.
Sorry for my bad scoolenglish
https://www.designmodproject.de/
ckraiderfan1

Post by ckraiderfan1 »

I think the original Question was about "Panzer grenadier" High powered Sdfkz 251-1 units with a hero that fights like Infantry. It actually shows up In the game. They show In 44 west as reinforcements In one of the scenarios I think " Anzio" is the one. But I went back and looked later and realized that they were being generated by the campaign and they were not a stand alone unit I would be cool to be able to buy one :D
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

Anduril wrote:Image

For a higher range in the arty mode, has been the bufla very steep.
Someone created this icon already. I think it was Jelinobas.

This is a mobile flak, but it came out in July 1943. It never went into large scale production, though (12 guns were delivered).

However, implementing it would make some sense. Still it would make the "normal" 8.8 almost useless. Except when you decide to raise costs of this mobile flak a little or decrease ammunition rate.
Anduril

Post by Anduril »

Messmann wrote:
This is a mobile flak, but it came out in July 1943. It never went into large scale production, though (12 guns were delivered).
This is correct--->
8.8 Flak 37 on Sd.Kfz.9
Was meant only as an example of arty mode.

The bufla was designed for use against bunkers of the Maginot line. Direct fire to the front. I found no picture in arty mode.
The chassis was far too weak for artillery mode.
The Famo(8.8 Flak 37 on Sd.Kfz.9) has therefore both sides support 2.
Sorry for my bad scoolenglish
https://www.designmodproject.de/
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

Ok, I have uploaded the icons which could be used for the 1943 Flakwagens - for the sake of oversight.

I am skeptical about using these icons, since I have made a sdkfz 9 on my own and it looks different. I think a new icon should be possible, based on the idea that one could copy the 8.8 from the traditional icon.

I am really thinking about the triple function. The idea is just too fascinating :) Ok, there will definitely be an additional test run.

I will inform you about the result, and what that could mean. Possibly, there will be an update.
Attachments
Flak 37 18t base icon and mask.rar
(136.53 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
SdKfz_8_1_Pak.png
SdKfz_8_1_Pak.png (34.42 KiB) Viewed 7367 times
SdKfz_8_1_FlaK.png
SdKfz_8_1_FlaK.png (33.09 KiB) Viewed 7367 times
danijocker90

Post by danijocker90 »

The audio file Train_3 is corrupted. I only hear noises when it plays in game (outside you can play it without problems). I think the problem is the speed more than 2000 kpbs vs the common 700-1400.

Changing the file with a copy of the other train sounds fix it but maybe in future updates can be done by the patch for the rest that maybe dont know this.
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

Yes. I will patch the train file in the way you mentioned it. Right now, I have several other issues, but a patch is still possible. The triple purpose 8.8 would be included in this patch, if feasible.
stan23

Post by stan23 »

This is a great mod and I use it all the time.
Only suggestion for improvement from me would be to add more SE air units.
Otherwise fantastic job :D
Greets from Virginia

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”