Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96b (Link Fixed)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

MarechalJoffre
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96

Post by MarechalJoffre »

Akkula wrote:Hello serezha70, sorry for the late answer.
In the beginning the goal of this mod was not to focus on already covered-to-death battles but those that were "not famous" but not less important, "The Forgotten Campaigns".
Then I moved to the big scenario and the German campaign (focused on another not well covered campaign), those two demanded a lot of time.
To be honest, I dont think I will be able to do something about those operations, right know I want to finish the Modern Conflicts mod, then PzC 2 will come and who knows.....
But I am open to keep fixing bugs or other glitches found in the Soviet Storm.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Minefields still don't show up as units in the mod, maybe this was intended but I don't know. Any fixes for that?
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

I would like more missions in the style like "Sora Allies" Allies Corps from Adona ;)
Struck the map is ) And cunning red ))) Took and drowned the army of English German and American :D
Soviet Corps
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Estherr wrote:
Akkula wrote: But I am open to keep fixing bugs or other glitches found in the Soviet Storm.
Check PMs pretty please ^.^
Will do! :D
MarechalJoffre wrote:
Akkula wrote:Hello serezha70, sorry for the late answer.
In the beginning the goal of this mod was not to focus on already covered-to-death battles but those that were "not famous" but not less important, "The Forgotten Campaigns".
Then I moved to the big scenario and the German campaign (focused on another not well covered campaign), those two demanded a lot of time.
To be honest, I dont think I will be able to do something about those operations, right know I want to finish the Modern Conflicts mod, then PzC 2 will come and who knows.....
But I am open to keep fixing bugs or other glitches found in the Soviet Storm.

Best regards,
Akkula.
Minefields still don't show up as units in the mod, maybe this was intended but I don't know. Any fixes for that?
I will look into it. I completely forgot it. :oops:
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Happy holiday ! With The Great Victory Day !!!
http://russian7.ru/post/mogla-li-stalin ... at-vsyu-e/
mulleto22
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by mulleto22 »

Akkula,

I am afraid there is a severe bug in the current RAR file for the "Great Patriotic War" Scenario: If you take a look at AI Zone 31, it spans all of germany, while it should only cover Finland. Consequence is, if you conquer Helsinki, instead of just all finnish troops changing sides, all other units in Zone31 do so aswell, meaning alomost all troops in Germany, thus triggering the fight for Berlin :-)

Now, I could correct AI Zone 31, but is there any way to continue playing with a savefile that started with an incorrect pcszn file?

regards

David
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Wow, you nailed it. It seems you manage to pull those conditions pretty early, nice catch :P
Thanks for the report.
Here is the hotfix, just copy the files inside "MODS\Soviet Storm\Data", overwrite the two files:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/p6tokpo3x ... HotFix.zip
I will post the full version corrected today.

Unfortunately you will have to restart the scenario :(

Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96b

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello Akkula,
My Siberian divisions did not have time to intervene.
They arrive one turn and leave immediately the next turn without fight.
It is very frustrating

Best regards
Yves

Turn 16 02/02/1942 :
Fresh troops from the Siberian and Far East Reserves have arrived the Western Front…/… Deploy the mat once and use them to counter attack the fascist forces.
Turn 17 17/02/1942:
The Divisions brought from Siberia and Far East have been depleted and are exhausted…/… They will retreated from the front to reconstruct then.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Last edited by uzbek2012 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by demyansk »

Hi,

I have this game running correctly but a few things are missing. The roads over the rivers in the first scenario are not showing up as well as the airfield icon and a couple of forest tiles. I need to ask you guys about what I might be missing?
Thanks
maho1973
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by maho1973 »

demyansk wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 am Hi,

I have this game running correctly but a few things are missing. The roads over the rivers in the first scenario are not showing up as well as the airfield icon and a couple of forest tiles. I need to ask you guys about what I might be missing?
Thanks
As far as I know, you have to install the MMDDMod V.1.11 by massi too. Take a look in the readme.txt for the correct install order. :wink:
Hivefleet
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Hivefleet »

Sorry if this answer has been given somewhere (I couldn't find it) - how do you change the Great Patriotic War scenario to play as the Germans. Can you do it? Cheers
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

In mod data, get War.pzloc and War.pzsn
Copy the 2 files in My Documents / My Games / Panzer Corps / Scenario
Launch Panzer Corps then you can choose the scenario in the Scenario tab then Custom
The scenario works but not satisfactorily because some applications will not be understood by the AI such as rail convoys to move the factories in the Urals.

Yves
Hivefleet

Post by Hivefleet »

Thanks very much I'll try this out.
nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Hello everybody. Mr Akkula, i discovered your mod recently. I play the great campaign. I was surprised not to find a script on stalingrad. And statistics on Russian material towards the end of the war. IS tanks are impressive but ammunition and movement are poor. Did you make a campaign tree?
However, your campaign is superb, thank you for this great job. See you soon. Another thing: sometimes, my planes disappear in the next scenario while they are all on the hexes on or around the airfield. Do you have an explanation? Excuse me for this approximate english but i am french and i use google translation.
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

IS stats are pretty accurate actually. Unlike "zerg"-like T-34(85), IS was designed as assault tank with extra armor and massive 122mm gun (to increase HE rounds efficiency) at the exchange of mobility. As for ammunition - it had really low reserves, somewhere around 25 rounds (separate loading btw!), compared to 50+ on T-34-85.

Same applies to SU/ISU-152 (122). While these massive howitzers did the job pretty well, onboard ammo reserve was ~20 rounds for ISU-152.
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
nono hard et heavy

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Estherr wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:55 am IS stats are pretty accurate actually. Unlike "zerg"-like T-34(85), IS was designed as assault tank with extra armor and massive 122mm gun (to increase HE rounds efficiency) at the exchange of mobility. As for ammunition - it had really low reserves, somewhere around 25 rounds (separate loading btw!), compared to 50+ on T-34-85.

Same applies to SU/ISU-152 (122). While these massive howitzers did the job pretty well, onboard ammo reserve was ~20 rounds for ISU-152.
Hello. I search informations about this and i agree with you. But, i have another mod (Russia At War 1941) and the statistics are different. Same for PzCorps Guille's Eqp mod v1.0.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Nono!
I can only speak for the "Guille's Eqp mod" because I am Guille!! :-) I have checked the equipment file of "my" mod and the ISU-152 and KV-2 both have an ammo value equal to 4 (except the SE/bonus versions which have ammo = 5). I think this value reflects more or less accurately the 20/25 shells that real vehicles of said models carried historically (I gave the SE versions one more ammo point because I wanted to represent in the game that they were units with better logistic support than the regular ones). This value of 4 ammo points compares well with other tanks with a not so large caliber gun... For example, the T-34/85 has 7 ammo points, and besides, after playing PzCorps a lot, I found that units with less than 4 ammo are almost useless in the game because they are almost always out of ammo (specially if they are units of artillery class, which can give fire support to friendly units).

This is just my opinion, and of course any modder or player can have his own criteria about ammo and other units stat values and can easily edit the equipment file to suit it.
Thanks for posting your ideas and opinions here!!
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Will there be updates or additions or is it all the finish ?
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

Akkula probably needs a rest period, like a sabbatical year.
The two mods he created are beautiful and have required a lot of time and sacrifice.
A little hindsight will allow him to refine his works for our greatest pleasure.
Thanks to him for all he did.
Yves
Keen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Keen »

NKVD cost so much. I see they have ability SUNKVD. What does it mean?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”