Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96b (Link Fixed)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.95b

Post by hugh2711 »

what level are you playing on? field marshall?
fcbayern1984
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by fcbayern1984 »

hugh2711 wrote:what level are you playing on? field marshall?
Yes, field marshall 100% vs 150% me vs AI, prestige and experience. Read my message again, I wrote it. This is even the harder value than the mod set it. I couldn't imagine what kind of difficulty would be at the easiest. Maybe for people who want to try to finish the campaign without a single damage. :lol: I move on testing the other mods I havn't. Just keep my last save and will wait the next version to finish the campaign with the hope that the situation will be better.
https://t.me/pump_upp
komeijikoishi
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by komeijikoishi »

Great mod, thanks for your work.
Can I ask if it has a non-historical campaign or a reward campaign? :D
Hivefleet

Post by Hivefleet »

Hi there

Using GME for the Soviet Storm mod. When I unzipped the mod file there was no folder for units which was a worry. I've enabled the mod using GME but can't get the mod to activate when I run the game. Has this happened to anyone else - Is it a problem with the mod files or user error?

Cheers
Mengil

Post by Mengil »

Are there any rules/limits for rail transport on the grand campaign "Great Patriotic War"?

Im on my 2nd try after restarting the scenario, first time i had my first evacuated factory setup on turn 9, now im not even close to reach the activation hex on turn 9.

Trying to figure out why, it feels like my factory trains are moving less hexes this time when i move them.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

fcbayern1984 wrote:
hugh2711 wrote:what level are you playing on? field marshall?
Yes, field marshall 100% vs 150% me vs AI, prestige and experience. Read my message again, I wrote it. This is even the harder value than the mod set it. I couldn't imagine what kind of difficulty would be at the easiest. Maybe for people who want to try to finish the campaign without a single damage. :lol: I move on testing the other mods I havn't. Just keep my last save and will wait the next version to finish the campaign with the hope that the situation will be better.
It is difficult to balance the campaign difficulty in order to meet everyone`s expectations. Through these near 4 years I had to adjust many scenarios (many times) based on the feedback of many players, I think I can do the same for the next update.
This I will look closely the latest parts of the campaign as you mentioned before.
Thanks for your commets, I hope you have enjoyed the mod anyway :P
Regards.
Mengil wrote:Are there any rules/limits for rail transport on the grand campaign "Great Patriotic War"?

Im on my 2nd try after restarting the scenario, first time i had my first evacuated factory setup on turn 9, now im not even close to reach the activation hex on turn 9.

Trying to figure out why, it feels like my factory trains are moving less hexes this time when i move them.
Hi Mengil, I didnt change the rail movements rules in any update, strange.
So far I never had issues with it, no reports from players regarding this matter.....
Maybe your trains took the long way?, it happened to me a couple of times through the tests.
Best regards,
Akkula.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

komeijikoishi wrote:Great mod, thanks for your work.
Can I ask if it has a non-historical campaign or a reward campaign? :D
Thanks!. I am glad you liked it. :D
I am trying to add new content to the mod, but I cant promise anything yet :P
Best regards.
Hivefleet wrote:Hi there

Using GME for the Soviet Storm mod. When I unzipped the mod file there was no folder for units which was a worry. I've enabled the mod using GME but can't get the mod to activate when I run the game. Has this happened to anyone else - Is it a problem with the mod files or user error?

Cheers
Hi Hivefleet,
Mhhh... strange. I only can think of some tips:
- Redownload the mod again, maybe corrupted download.
- Remember, the mod is NOT compatible with any other one. You must deactivate any mod before enabling Eastern Front.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
RSmith55

Post by RSmith55 »

What do I need to do to successfully get Soviet Storm aligned to play?

But by God that is lovely - I knew there was some recent to semi-retire....

Smitty
An old tanker by trade.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hi RSmith55, check the readme file, there you will find the installation instructions:

Installation
------------
1- I assumed you have installed GME and followed its instructions.
2- Unzip all the RAR folders into the MODS folder inside the Panzer Corps folder.
3- Run the GME Utility and apply the mod: Soviet Storm.
4- Unzip and install (simply double-click over it) the font RUSKOF LIGHT.
5- Run Panzer Corps and be part of the Soviet Storm!!.

NOTES:
1- I strongly recommend to use the "/nocache" parameter in order to avoid crashes or poor performance. Create a shortcut for PanzerCorps.exe and add the parameter "/nocache" at the end of the command line, it should remain exactly like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Panzer Corps\PanzerCorps.exe" /nocache

2- This release includes two versions for the Strategic Map icons:
- Small: The Great Patriotic War scenario. Folder "Soviet Storm Strat (Big Scn)" (made by McGuba)
- Standard: Campaign and common scenarios. Folder "Soviet Storm Strat (Standard)"
Activate the option that you prefer through GME (click yes on the overwrite message), keep in mind the mod uses the big scenario variant as default.
RSmith55

Post by RSmith55 »

Oh my no - I first had to go and find what GME was - I think this is right: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27158
Estherr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Estherr »

Yup, that's it. Fairly easy to use actually and result is well worth it (meaning Soviet Storm, but there's bunch of other decent campaigns aswell).
Akkula's Modern Conflicts RU localization mod: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=969460#p969460
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

When the end will be a new version of the mod !?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Soon, I am working with Estherr to add the Russian languague to the mod.
Regards,
Akkula.
gfc1963
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by gfc1963 »

Copied the files into the MODS folder in Panzer Corps and enabled the mod in GME. When I click on my Panzer Corps shortcut only the vanilla game comes up NOT this mod?? All the files are in the right place so what am I doing wrong??
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello gfc1963,

For GME to work properly, it is necessary to respect the structure of the game.
To make clear, it is necessary to find the exact directories at the root of the game to be modified.
In this case, since you have to modify the files at the root of Panzer Corps, you must find the same structure in the directory that you install in Mods.
When you unzip the downloaded Soviet Storm 1.95b file, Winrar decompresses it in a directory of the same name ie Soviet Storm 1.95b
Within this directory Soviet Storm 1.95b you have 3 directories: Soviet Storm, Soviet Storm Strat (Big Scn) and Soviet Storm Strat (Standard) as well as the Readme.txt file and the RUSKOF LIGHT.ttf writing font
In the Mods directory, you must copy the 3 mentioned directories (and not the Soviet Storm 1.95b directory)
You then operate GME and the magic happens.
Hope this help
Regards
Yves
Attachments
Soviet Storm 1.95b.jpg
Soviet Storm 1.95b.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 5611 times
Soviet Storm.jpg
Soviet Storm.jpg (21.87 KiB) Viewed 5611 times
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

Which version of PzC I need to play this mod ?
gfc1963

Post by gfc1963 »

glaude1955 wrote:Hello gfc1963,

For GME to work properly, it is necessary to respect the structure of the game.
To make clear, it is necessary to find the exact directories at the root of the game to be modified.
In this case, since you have to modify the files at the root of Panzer Corps, you must find the same structure in the directory that you install in Mods.
When you unzip the downloaded Soviet Storm 1.95b file, Winrar decompresses it in a directory of the same name ie Soviet Storm 1.95b
Within this directory Soviet Storm 1.95b you have 3 directories: Soviet Storm, Soviet Storm Strat (Big Scn) and Soviet Storm Strat (Standard) as well as the Readme.txt file and the RUSKOF LIGHT.ttf writing font
In the Mods directory, you must copy the 3 mentioned directories (and not the Soviet Storm 1.95b directory)
You then operate GME and the magic happens.
Hope this help
Regards
Yves
Hi Yves,

Yes that worked! I had the main Soviet Storm folder in GME and NOT the seperate folders as you show! Great stuff! And I guess if I want to play the normal game I just disable the mods in GME??

Reagdsr,

Gary
glaude1955

Post by glaude1955 »

gfc1963 wrote:
And I guess if I want to play the normal game I just disable the mods in GME??

Reagdsr,

Gary
Yes, which reflects the great utility of this tool.
And it can be used with all games. :D
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Eastern Front: Soviet Storm v1.96

Post by Akkula »

Hello folks,
A minor update for the mod, some corrections and a few new units just for fun.
I know I promised the Russian version, but I am afraid I will have to postpone it to the next mod update, sorry :P

Download Soviet Storm 1.96:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/seyz76hy5 ... v.1.96.rar

Alternative link.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T_UuI ... imc2HbTBUK
Please take a look at the Readme.txt file for detailed installation instructions.
What´s New
NEW UNITS
* Tupolev Tu-2 family:
- Tu-2
- Tu-2S
- Tu-2D
Germany
* SdKfz 263 8Rad

BALANCE / FIXES
* Various name descriptions corrected.
* Fw 189: recon movement fixed.

GRAPHICS / AUDIO / UI
* Library updated
* Some Library text corrected.
* Many big unit pictures fixed (corrections and missing ones, many thanks to Estherr).
* 76.2mm M1939: icon changed (to 1936 model) in order to avoid confusion with the M1942.
* U-Boat Type IIB: icon contrast slightly improved.
* U-Boat Type XXI: icon contrast slightly improved.
* U-Boat Type XXIII: icon contrast slightly improved.

THE FORGOTTEN CAMPAIGNS
* Many grammar corrections through all the texts in the campaign. (Many thanks to Estherr).
* Scenario 13: Experience and entrenchment points added to all Soviet forts, land mines added. DB-3T (aux) added. Fixed Pe-2FT, corrected to Pe-2.
* Scenario 16: Il-4T corrected to Il-4.
* Scenario 19: Bridge engineer (aux) added to allow the river crossing for tanks.
* Scenario 25: Bridge engineer (aux) added to allow the river crossing for tanks.
* Scenario 33: Lakes tiles changed to frozen state. More Axis air units added. Few bunkers names corrected.
* Scenario 34: More Axis air units added.
* Scenario 35: More Axis air units added. SS units names corrected.
* Scenario 36: More Axis air units added. More German AA units near the frontline.
* Scenario 37. German ground units strengthened. SS units names corrected.

THE BATTLE FOR THE CAUCASUS
* Many grammar corrections through all the texts in the campaign. (Many thanks to Estherr).

THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR
* Stavka assignement to defeat Finland added.
* Dubrovnik and Zara mission conditions changed to a more realistic deadline.
* If the player has early progress on Germany, a trigger will reduce the supplies for all the forwards units in order to increase the challenge.
* Helsinki rail hex fixed.
* Spawning conditions for some Axis units near Germany improved.
* Terrain north of Leningrad fixed.
* New units from this update added to the scenario.
Last edited by Akkula on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”