Gary's Workshop

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Gary's Workshop

Post by GaryChildress »

This will be a "catch all" thread for any modifications I'll be making to PC. The main thrust of this thread will be my efforts to tweak the Grand Campaign for PC version 1.2 in order to incorporate new features and art and to generally make it more to my personal liking. In the process I'll post any of my own art updates or modifications here also. Thanks in advance to all the great modders out there who make modding PC so enjoyable!
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Gary's Workshop

Post by GaryChildress »

First post:

Here are some of my own modifications of some of Guille and PHCAS's great art which I plan to incorporate into my PC mod. Thank you Guille and PHCAS for the originals on which these are based:

EDIT: Latest updates on the art I'll be using.
Attachments
RSO.png
RSO.png (19.37 KiB) Viewed 7504 times
Henschel_33.png
Henschel_33.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 7504 times
Krupp_Protze.png
Krupp_Protze.png (31.29 KiB) Viewed 7504 times
Last edited by GaryChildress on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

Here are some more touch up jobs I've done for this mod based on units by Guille and PHCAS. Some of them are only very slight modifications of the originals.
Attachments
Lancia_3RO.png
Lancia_3RO.png (30.93 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Sdkfz_11.png
Sdkfz_11.png (18.74 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
Fiat_626.png
Fiat_626.png (20.65 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
Last edited by GaryChildress on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I guess you will focus on german/axis units isn´t?
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

I'm going to add a few new allied units but so far I'm not planning on doing an allied campaign so it will probably be mostly axis units added.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Wellcome Gary! I always think that there is not enough icon makers here, with so many units suitable to be added to the game... Very nice icons! I specially like the RSO! :-)
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

Thank you for all your work Guille! Your and PHCAS's ideas have really inspired me to blow the dust of PC and start playing again, also Dwight's Camo Shop is an inspiration. Some great modding resources out there!
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Also thanks to you for your nice words! I am glad I was part of the yuor inspiration to re-start playing and modding PzCorps! :-)
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

Question: If I put the extra graphics files for my mod under libraries/documents/my games/panzer corps/mods/my mod/graphics/units will that work for everyone who DLs it or do the new graphics need to be in the root Panzer Corps folder?
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

Can't make up my mind which Polski truck I want to use. the v2 model is probably a little closer to the way the real thing looked.
Attachments
Polski_Fiat v2.png
Polski_Fiat v2.png (26.46 KiB) Viewed 7504 times
Polski_Fiat.png
Polski_Fiat.png (25.84 KiB) Viewed 7504 times
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

Here are the Russian transports. Thank you PHCAS for the originals. These are just touch up jobs I'll be using in my mod.
Attachments
Soviet_ZiS-42.png
Soviet_ZiS-42.png (29.79 KiB) Viewed 7500 times
Soviet_ZiS-6.png
Soviet_ZiS-6.png (33.84 KiB) Viewed 7501 times
Soviet_ZiS-5.png
Soviet_ZiS-5.png (27.56 KiB) Viewed 7501 times
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

GaryChildress wrote:Question: If I put the extra graphics files for my mod under libraries/documents/my games/panzer corps/mods/my mod/graphics/units will that work for everyone who DLs it or do the new graphics need to be in the root Panzer Corps folder?
Didn't get an answer to the question above, so I'm reposting. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

GaryChildress wrote:
GaryChildress wrote:Question: If I put the extra graphics files for my mod under libraries/documents/my games/panzer corps/mods/my mod/graphics/units will that work for everyone who DLs it or do the new graphics need to be in the root Panzer Corps folder?
Didn't get an answer to the question above, so I'm reposting. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.
I probably didn't notice it. I am certain that the new graphics will work if you put them in a file through the GME, which there is another thread about. I've never actually tried your method, but if there is a way (GME), might as well use it.

The files used by GME go to the root PzC files.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
GaryChildress wrote:

Thanks.
I probably didn't notice it. I am certain that the new graphics will work if you put them in a file through the GME, which there is another thread about. I've never actually tried your method, but if there is a way (GME), might as well use it.

The files used by GME go to the root PzC files.

- BNC

What I'm trying to do is put all files under the "My Games" directory for the mod. That way I don't think the GME is even needed. All the player would need to do is DL the file and then unzip it under "My Games" and then in the PC Mods directory. I think that would be easier for some than learning how to use the GME.
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

Need something to transport the French army in 1940. Here are a couple versions of the Laffly S20 troop carrier. This was a chop, paste and improvise job originally starting with PHCAS's Polski Fiat.

EDIT: Updated these to make them a little larger. Also designated between the troop carrier and artillery transport by adding PM to the artillery to stand for Prime Mover.
Attachments
Laffley_S20PM.png
Laffley_S20PM.png (15.05 KiB) Viewed 7304 times
Laffley_S20.png
Laffley_S20.png (14.48 KiB) Viewed 7304 times
Last edited by GaryChildress on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Excellent work, Gary! Thanks for sharing! :-)
GaryChildress
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by GaryChildress »

So this is going to be a simple linear campaign. If you lose a scenario then the campaign ends. There are no branches. You play every scenario in the campaign. Unfortunately no matter how good you play Germany will lose the war. It is the destiny of bighting off more than they can chew, taking on all the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. There is no hope but to finish by going out in a blaze of glory. The reward of winning is only to be able to fight another battle.

I've tied most of the stock scenarios together into one single campaign and so far have added one extra scenario. The campaign starts out in the Spanish Civil War where you are leader of the Condor Legion and with the aid of your Nationalist and Italian allies must retake the town of Brunete from the Republicans. You start out with a core group consisting of the following:

Germans
1 x Pz IA
1 x Sdkfz 221
1 x 3.7cm Pak 36 ATG /towed by Hs 33 truck
1 x 7.5 cm FK 16 nA /towed by Hs 33 truck
1 x Hs 123A tactical bomber
1 x Bf 109B figher
1 x Ju 52/3m strategic bomber
1 x Opel Blitz HQ truck (This is a special nonpurchase/bonus unit you start the war with. If you lose it, it cannot be replaced. It is essentially a "recon" unit and has recon movement and a spotting range of 6-7 hexes. It has virtually no attack or defense values, so it's only use is to see long distances behind enemy lines.

Below is the list of scenarios involved so far.
Attachments
Campaign Tree.gif
Campaign Tree.gif (5.45 KiB) Viewed 7234 times
Halibutt
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Halibutt »

GaryChildress wrote:Can't make up my mind which Polski truck I want to use. the v2 model is probably a little closer to the way the real thing looked.
Both look nice IMO, though both are quite non-historical. First of all, the checkerboard of the Polish Air Force was used only to mark the airplanes, the same way the Brits or the French marked their planes with a roundel. And just like those countries, Poland used it only on airplanes. Not lorries, not tanks. Secondly, the Polski Fiat 621 most often used by the Polish Army in 1939 was not actually painted green. Not many people know it, but most lorries were privately-owned and the army merely mobilised them. Hence probably a typical truck on a Polish 1939 battlefield was red with a large Żywiec Beer logo, or "W. Węgiełek" Removals :) Not that I expect any gamers to actually expect that in their games.
Cheers
Originally posted by Juu:
The Soviets won the war. We happened to be nearby.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

GaryChildress wrote:So this is going to be a simple linear campaign. If you lose a scenario then the campaign ends. There are no branches. You play every scenario in the campaign. Unfortunately no matter how good you play Germany will lose the war. It is the destiny of bighting off more than they can chew, taking on all the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. There is no hope but to finish by going out in a blaze of glory. The reward of winning is only to be able to fight another battle.

I've tied most of the stock scenarios together into one single campaign and so far have added one extra scenario. The campaign starts out in the Spanish Civil War where you are leader of the Condor Legion and with the aid of your Nationalist and Italian allies must retake the town of Brunete from the Republicans. You start out with a core group consisting of the following:

Germans
1 x Pz IA
1 x Sdkfz 221
1 x 3.7cm Pak 36 ATG /towed by Hs 33 truck
1 x 7.5 cm FK 16 nA /towed by Hs 33 truck
1 x Hs 123A tactical bomber
1 x Bf 109B figher
1 x Ju 52/3m strategic bomber
1 x Opel Blitz HQ truck (This is a special nonpurchase/bonus unit you start the war with. If you lose it, it cannot be replaced. It is essentially a "recon" unit and has recon movement and a spotting range of 6-7 hexes. It has virtually no attack or defense values, so it's only use is to see long distances behind enemy lines.

Below is the list of scenarios involved so far.
Hello Gary,

If any of the maps from GTPG/Legacy of Versailles is helpful to your project, feel free to use them.
The start core is definitely very interesting and thanks for sharing the lovely units.
Cheers.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

Halibutt wrote:Not many people know it, but most lorries were privately-owned and the army merely mobilised them. Hence probably a typical truck on a Polish 1939 battlefield was red with a large Żywiec Beer logo, or "W. Węgiełek" Removals :) Not that I expect any gamers to actually expect that in their games.
Cheers
I wouldn't mind bringing them into the game if some talents here bother to create them! Too bad there is no Polish campaign to have a transport choice in purchase screen by which ads on your trucks you're gonna impress the Germans! :mrgreen:
Shared flags, insignia, colors,... fine by me to help anyone quickly distinguishing nations and sides on the hex-battlefield.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”