Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

panzerdim
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v1.9

Post by panzerdim »

Dear Edorf,

this not well if you wrote that "He`s running a pirated version" .

Just said again before you will post any abuse comments read all posts with attention.

I'm wrote about my Panzer Corps Gold Edition v.1.30.

You can googling whatever you want, for example, who is edorf?

May be you a hacker and looking inside my folders?

Please do not confuse me more with you posts. It is not interesting for me and other users.
Edorf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Edorf »

panzerdim wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:54 pm Dear Edorf,

this not well if you wrote that "He`s running a pirated version" .

Just said again before you will post any abuse comments read all posts with attention.

I'm wrote about my Panzer Corps Gold Edition v.1.30.

You can googling whatever you want, for example, who is edorf?

May be you a hacker and looking inside my folders?

Please do not confuse me more with you posts. It is not interesting for me and other users.
Oh, dear. You posted a screenshot of some folders on your computer showing that you have a pirate version of PC on your computer.

That`s it from me so good luck to you.
panzerdim
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by panzerdim »

I have a many folders with different PC names on my computers because I'm a modder of PC/PG series.

Do you know that is inside these folders?

I'm well.

What is your problem?

Sorry, McGuba.

We are posts here not related to your mod.

please ask admin delete these last waste.

Best,

PS. I found a new PC folder on my computer :( .
Attachments
New folders found.png
New folders found.png (219.26 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

Hi McGuba
I just did Bfe v1.9 for the first time. (on medium level).
comments;
like every version it seemed harder than the previous :-)
Felt i was always short of decent artilliary all the way through like the whole class had been significantly downgraded.
All the new uboats and other naval produced were redundant from halfway through and an annoying waste of resources. Perhaps? there should be a way/option of turning diverting those resources elsewhere if (as i do) one goes for the early defeat of england path.
Bug?; Even though all allied units going for tunis were destroyed a group of allied units stayed by rabat and the mountains doing nothing right to the end for half the game despite me retaking every victory hex west of tobruk including tobruk. I seem to remember this was a feature in v1.8 also.
Although officially a draw I had all 4 oilfields secure as well as the uk. the enemy had non-european russia , egypt and syria. I just ran out of time. 200 units left including all origional german units. had to disband volksturm as superflous, likewise lots of weaker hungarian and rumanian units.

As always a SUPERB mod. Thanks.
H.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Felt i was always short of decent artilliary all the way through like the whole class had been significantly downgraded.
In my opinion artillery is somewhat unbalanced in the base game. It is way too effective to totally suppress even the toughest enemy units which then can be easily damaged or force surrendered in one attack. Mainly due to in PzC, as opposed to PG, artillery has long lasting suppression and if several artillery units are used in the same bombardment session, suppression can accumulate and it is fairly easy to achieve a full suppression. It makes artillery the king of the battlefield and in my opinion breaks the balance of the units. It can lead to a somewhat "lazy" gamestyle when all players need to do is to purchase lots of artillery instead of using more advanced combined arms tactics.

I would prefer to have a game system in which each class has its merits and weaknesses without having any of them standing out that much. Basically all the other units in the game are only effective against certain units, artillery is perhaps the only unit which can be used for full effect against any ground unit without taking too much risks as it can strike from a distance. It is especially noticable in multiplayer where battles can be decided by which side has more artillery in a certain area.

A possible solution could be if suppression was capped for example at 50% of the unit strength. Then, for example, it would not be possible to fully suppress a heavy tank unit with only multiple attacks of light artillery.

All the new uboats and other naval produced were redundant from halfway through and an annoying waste of resources. Perhaps? there should be a way/option of turning diverting those resources elsewhere if (as i do) one goes for the early defeat of england path.
This is a good idea, I make note of it and maybe will do something about that. :)

Bug?; Even though all allied units going for tunis were destroyed a group of allied units stayed by rabat and the mountains doing nothing right to the end for half the game despite me retaking every victory hex west of tobruk including tobruk. I seem to remember this was a feature in v1.8 also.
It is a frequent problem, so far I have failed to fix it. Maybe with v2.1. :)

Although officially a draw I had all 4 oilfields secure as well as the uk. the enemy had non-european russia , egypt and syria. I just ran out of time. 200 units left including all origional german units. had to disband volksturm as superflous, likewise lots of weaker hungarian and rumanian units.
Maybe next time try to focus on defeating just one of the main enemies completely, instead of severly weakening both. Easier said than done, I know. :D
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

Anybody to play a multi BE with me?
Keen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Keen »

Uhu wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:47 pm Anybody to play a multi BE with me?
I can play but not paired game
P210
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by P210 »

P210 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:28 pm For added challenge I did try following Barbarossa scenario.
On turn one I disbanded every third unit on every gategory for every nation.
With exeption for,
- Recon planes. All German tac, strat and naval into one group and then 1/3 off.
- Naval units. Everything into same group for each nation. Then 1/3 off. Some strategic decisions :)

No new unit purchases. Only scripted replacements and reinforcements.
Difficulty General. Realistic scenario. No replays.

How did it go.
Due to reduced number of units I planned limited offencives. Keep NA, get Caucasus oil, defeat Normandy landings and if possible conquer SU.
It went pretty much like that. With few more turns SU would have surrendered. One mistake was too late offensive towards Archangels.
It was surely difficult at times, but really fun :twisted:

OK. I was bored. New game with above rules, except every second unit disbanded on Barbarossa turn 1.

Worst was the hit on fighters and artillery. Difficult decisions. Lacking numbers, had to rely on troop quality - Expert replacements when ever possible and always for fighters, AT, and couple of key units.

Lacking infantry I knew it is just not possible to aim for Caucasus oil fields. Maybe one offensive would be feasible.

Therefore I chose that main effort would be Leningrad. Close terrain to defend, in perpetuity, with infantry and it would keep Finns in the war.

Otherwise plan was to fortify and defend cities along Dneiper river. Knowing that Soviet steam roller cannot be stopped at fixed line, did form mobile battle groups that would fight in front of Dneiper and around Smolensk. These consisted of 3 tanks, StuG, Recon and SP FlaK + other units depending on situation and availability.

Fighting in the East was hard. For example Rostov on Don changed hands every year. Twice. Germans captured it in summer and SU would capture it in winter. Had to fall back again and again to preserve units. Every unit is precious. Managed to capture and stabilize the Leningrad front.

North Africa. Eliminated initial British attacks and captured Tobruk. Then captured Malta. Then shipped all German units to Europe and ferried all Italian units to NA. Plan was to defend Tunis with Italian units for as long as possible and buy time to build defenses in southern Europe.

Moved couple of FW190 and lots of JU88 to Med and prepared to make Allies to pay heavily for invasion of Sicily. Meanwhile elite Fallschirmjägers were digging into Monte Cassino mountain.

West '44. To my surprise Italians fought with élan and managed to fend off both the Torch landing and Eight Army coming from Egypt. Then Italians advanced to Casablanca. In the east Allies were pushed back to gates of Egypt.

Victory in NA allowed to build solid defenses in Normandy. Invasion was contained. Air war hard due to lack of FlaK and experienced JG units.

U-boats, Wolfpacks, managed to gain upper hand in Atlantic.

East '44. Mobile fighting in eastern front continued, with notable difficulties against SU heavy tank and SPAT. Also the number of SU planes increased faster than Experten could shoot them down. German bomber operations were halted until FW190F appeared.

West '45. Brest captured on turn 98. Three Allied units surrounded in Normandy on turn 99. Reichsverteidigung did not do so well. Fighter bases had to be relocated to Poland just to stay alive. Italians captured Gibraltar.

East '45. Russians finally got tired of bashing their heads against Panther and Sturmgeschütz armor. Panzers Forward. Rostov on Don revisited, Kursk captured and Moscow finally fell on last turn.

Conclusion

Result, Draw. Extremely happy with that after hard but satisfying game.

McGuba, your scripted replacement/reinforcement system works very well. It also really creates feeling of living through war time. Splendid Mod.

Thank you!
Großadmiral
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Großadmiral »

Bester McGuba!

Der Sommer naht und alle fragen sich, wann können wir mit dem Update rechnen. Oder brauchst du noch Hilfe?

Hochachtungsvoll der Großadmiral.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.0

Post by McGuba »

v2.0 is up.

More info + download link is on the first page of this topic.
ImageImage
Spiffing Brit
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Spiffing Brit »

Checkmate Atheists ;). On a serious note, WOW. I am HYPED to use this new patch.
Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas. - Erwin Rommel

(Not the Youtuber)
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Congratulations on the release!
It was a long way. :wink:

And for all players after the single player game I HIGHLY recommend trying the multiplayer version.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

McGuba wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 pm v2.0 is up.

Oh wow, great news, congrats!

However, it might be a while until I can find time to give it a try... :roll:
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Keen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Keen »

McGuba wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 pm v2.0 is up.

Great news! So soon i'll have many hours of interesting battle!
Thank you very much for multiplayer version!
AKRebel
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by AKRebel »

Great, thanks for the update.
lennis29

Post by lennis29 »

@Mcguba
Greetings and excuse me if the question is awkward.
Can I play grand campaign with this mod?
- GerMOD
- VolksMOD
- XXIX Le PzKorps
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

@Mcguba

thxs fot the update! Your mod is so awesome. It is my favorite one!

ps:are you authorized to give your paypal email? i would like to send u just a little money for your excellent work. if not, could you send me it by pm?
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

lennis29 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm @Mcguba
Most likely not, maybe compare here for the previous discussion on your question... :)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... it#p778444
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thank you very much for the V2.0! Maybe, first time in history I will try to start a multiplayer game! Oh Jeeez: without undo, without reloads, without dice chess and an unpredictable opponent...:O Stay tuned! :D
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:11 pm However, it might be a while until I can find time to give it a try...
Better late, then never. :wink:

lennis29 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm @Mcguba
Unfortunately this mod is not compatible with the official campaigns. I may or may not make a version of the equipment file later which would allow this. Currently there are too many incompatible units between the two, and several missing ones as well, which would result in a crash-to-desktop in some cases. However, I am not sure if there is any point in merging these as the differencies between this mod and the DLCs are just far too great by now.

jeffoot77 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:25 am
ps:are you authorized to give your paypal email? i would like to send u just a little money for your excellent work. if not, could you send me it by pm?
Thank you very much for the offer, but I would not like to accept money for this mod. I would rather suggest to give the same amount of money to a charity or a good cause of your choice instead.

Or just take your loved ones to a nice place as a compensation for all the time that you spent playing this mod. :)

Uhu wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:29 pm Thank you very much for the V2.0! Maybe, first time in history I will try to start a multiplayer game! Oh Jeeez: without undo, without reloads, without dice chess and an unpredictable opponent...:O Stay tuned! :D
Yes, I hope there will be at least a few more guys who try the multiplayer version as well. Then later, we may create further battle pairs and play against each other in a small friendly community. I think that would be awesome! :)
ImageImage

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”