Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

empedocles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v1.9

Post by empedocles »

thanks for the tips!

I am about to quit my campaing now. It's late '43 and England is fully mine. However, I am about to get beaten in Tunez (ammo resupply is a problem) and the russian offensive seems impossible to defeat. I have managed to stop it but they are bringing reinforcements. In the last 20 turns all I could do was slowly retreat west of the dneper and try to hold Moscow, but every other turn I lose another unit to the red army.
So dissapointing....

My plan for the next campaing will be to focus ALL my strength in reaching the Caucasus and see how that works out.
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

I think this [AWESOME] mod at its easiest boils down to 2 things as soon as possible; take england and take the oilfields. do anything else and its virtually impossible without the destruction of every german unit.
Adolf Galland
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Adolf Galland »

error !

I can not see the trade routes and by Lenigrad "B" and Kiev "A" , Minefields etc..... i can not see this at my map ???

And i become by round 19 a bug the Ki work and shut down by Norwegen !

I need help ! :)
Adolf Galland

Post by Adolf Galland »

anyone a idea ?
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Do you play in English?
I already had a surprise playing with the French interface that did not give me the same version of BE as the English interface.
Adolf Galland

Post by Adolf Galland »

glaude1955 wrote:Do you play in English?
I already had a surprise playing with the French interface that did not give me the same version of BE as the English interface.
Yes i play englisch !
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

JimmyC wrote:By the way, do partisans come with any traits other than camo? Maybe its because I’m playing on full random dice, but it seems that I often get worse combat results than indicated when fighting partisans?
No, they do not have any other hidden traits. Must be bad luck or some strange game mechanics.
empedocles wrote:One thing I noticed is that I didn't get any prestige bonus for conquering London. Is it a bug? the only message I got was the one about the king speech when I landed my units.
There is no prestige reward for taking London. It does not have its own AI zone due to the limited number of available AI zones. Players only get reward for the capture of all objective cities in Britain, which is counted as a successfull invasion of the UK.
empedocles wrote:1 question, what happens with Operation Dragoon (south france invasion) if I still hold tunis by august 44'?
Allies only land in Southern France any time at or after Aug 44 if Tunis AND Sicily is captured by them.
Adolf Galland wrote:error !

I can not see the trade routes and by Lenigrad "B" and Kiev "A" , Minefields etc..... i can not see this at my map ???

And i become by round 19 a bug the Ki work and shut down by Norwegen !

I need help ! :)
It is hard to say what the problem is. If the mod is installed properly there should be no problem seeing these. Normally all these should be visible in the tactical map, but not on the zoomed out strategic map. Maybe that's what you are referring to?

I also do not understand that bug description. :(
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
JimmyC

Italian AT

Post by JimmyC »

Italian AT isn't in the same upgrade tree. Is this deliberate?
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Ah, yeah, true. The Italian towed ATs should be in the same family. Will do in the next version.
ImageImage
empedocles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by empedocles »

hugh2711 wrote:I think this [AWESOME] mod at its easiest boils down to 2 things as soon as possible; take england and take the oilfields. do anything else and its virtually impossible without the destruction of every german unit.
I took your advice and so far everything is running much better than in my previous games.

England is defeated, I moved my best units and all the high level artillerie from turn 2 to land force south of london on the first winter. After 2 years I finally conquered Scotland!
One thing that bugged me hard was the bombers in '43. They spammed out of the blue just when I was going for the last victory point and delayed me some months.
Any chance they do not spam all at once but in stages?

In the east I ended '41 in the outskirts of Rostov. No way I could cross that river as the winter penatly hit me hard. I kept away from Leningrad and Moscow only advancing up to Smolensk in the center.

'42 was use to push to the russian oil fields and I conquered them all by december. The kursk offensive of '43 was stop and I am now starting to siege Stalingrad.

I decided not to defend Tunis and hold Tobruk with Rommel. I am currently trying to hold on to sicily but the italian navy was finally destroyed in the defense of the isle. Most of the landing craft has been destroyed but 4-5 have managed to land.

Bottomline, the extra prestige of the oil fields is much appreciated.
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

In playing the previous scenarios in the mod by farming I accumulate 5 fighters, all about two stars and some with heroes. I bring these (and about 6000 prestige) with me to barbarossa and they make a great difference in terms of air cover in the west. I also transport every AA worth using to the western front some of which i upgrade to 88mm (the hardened version so they can be used as anti tank in england once air control is established) It means I manage to keep control of the air, but only just. The air in the west gets tougher with every revision of this mod.
I also; dont bother with tobruk the first time around I just retreat (slowly and taking out the first attack easily) and then go to the mareth line. I get malta quickly (ignoring the eastern med) - just after the first winter. I form a line of defence with all those to batches of italian units you get given and three croation infantry units (the balkans gradually get filled up with the various mountain units you are given as they are better suited to the balkan terrain). that line of defence is along the kasserine pass and the city constantine. you will lose most of the italians but it is easy to defeat torch and hence no sicily invasion plus the revenue from keeping tunis is needed.
the other side attack from egypt is easily defeated along the fortifications of the mareth line (with some help from the italian navy if it has not been lost, indeed you can force surrenders and get some prestige there). When you have defeated torch then taking tobruk is easy. You do have to spend some prestige on upgrading the italian fighters and using the afrika plane to defeat the airforce that comes with torch. and you have to move quickly and be prepared to set up your defensive line.
yeah that bomber spamming across the channel is a bit bizarre if you have most but not all of england.
once you have the oilfields you can deal with the (much fewer) russians at your leisure.
empedocles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by empedocles »

@Mcguba, small suggestion. What about removing the sea mines by script after conquering England? Maybe wait a couple of turns to simulate the fact that it is not an easy task.
Adolf Galland

Post by Adolf Galland »

next bug or error

i have play a new game the last was to early 42 and bug by turning Ki !

The new game is turn 30 and the bug is again in turning Ki turn .................

notice: the cant 1007 have the name is hs 129
the Marder 2 d have no picture the marder 2 d Trop have a picture
can not see the landminefields on the map
can not see the trade routes
can not see the a and b etc... by kiew and leningrad etc...

play 1.9 on 3840 x 2160 on samsung UHD
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello AdolfGalland: Just one question, because I am thinking about upgrading my Pc Monitor to a Samsung 40" UHD... Compared to my present 32" FullHD monitor, can you see a bigger part on the hex map in the UHD monitor or the game just uses a fixed video definition and you will only see the same map portion only bigger in size? I hope I was clear asking this question. Thanks for any info!!
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

After defeating Torch and moving to recapture North Africa, I noticed that there is a significant force in Morocco just sitting there (west of the neutral territory). I’m guessing that you deliberately put it there to make recapturing NA a bit harder, but wanted to confirm (as it could be that they just got stuck by a bugged AI script). It consists of a tank, Towed AT, SPA and some infantry. Although the SPA attacks me, the rest just sit passively.

I noticed you made some changes to Overlord. It seems there are more bunkers provided to the Axis player and the additional city on the Loire west of Orleans adds some extra dynamic to the defence. There is also the feeling (true or not I don’t know) that Allied air power is increased. I had the strongest air defence yet of any of my playthroughs (more AA of which some was upgraded, 4 FW 190’s, 2 Ju 88G) and yet I am overwhelmed. The mustangs are just so powerful – I foolishly left one of my FW 190’s out of wurzburg radar range and saw it annihilated by 2 mustangs (my Fw was at full strength, had 2 stars and a +1 defence hero!).

Also the Allied strat and tactical bombers are often overstrength and use the tactic of attacking and suppressing my AA first, before attacking by troops. Very hard to combat and it really restricts mobility as any troops outside of AA cover will be punished (although they are sometimes punished regardless!).
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

empedocles wrote: One thing that bugged me hard was the bombers in '43. They spammed out of the blue just when I was going for the last victory point and delayed me some months.
Any chance they do not spam all at once but in stages?
I made it like that deliberately. It is supposed to simulated the so-called bomber stream, a tactic developed by the British Bomber Command to overwhelm the German defenders. Originally they sent in their bombers individually or in smaller numbers, but many of those were hunted down by well placed single night fighters. However, when the bombers were sent in by the hundreds at the same time, the German fighters had less chance to cause them significant losses:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomber_stream

Unfortunately though, the AI is not always cooperative and do not fully use the power of mass attacks with lots of units. But sometimes, it kinda does.
yeah that bomber spamming across the channel is a bit bizarre if you have most but not all of england.
On the one hand it is true, but on the other hand it can be regarded as a last ditch effort from them to turn the tide. Also, in reality investing in heavy bombers takes a lot of time: you need to produce the planes and the bombs and train the crews and the ground crews, etc. I can imagine that they made this investment just before the invasion and the bomber force only became ready by the last stage of the invasion. So why not use it?

empedocles wrote:@Mcguba, small suggestion. What about removing the sea mines by script after conquering England? Maybe wait a couple of turns to simulate the fact that it is not an easy task.
Yes, it was suggested by others as well earlier so probably I will look into it. However, in reality it took a few years to clear all the WW2 minefields, after all more than half a million naval mines were laid. And they continued took their toll for years even after the seas were claimed clear. More suprisingly: "parts of some World War II naval minefields still exist because they are too extensive and expensive to clear."
http://www.bluebird-electric.net/submar ... asures.htm

I think it would be unrealistic to have all the naval mines disappear once England is captured. However, maybe some could disappear or at least become weaker to illustrate mine clearing efforts. Then the player's destroyers could finish the job in some turns.
Adolf Galland wrote:i have play a new game the last was to early 42 and bug by turning Ki !

The new game is turn 30 and the bug is again in turning Ki turn
If I understand it correctly, the game crashed in turn 30 during the AI turn. I guess it might be because you do not use the "no cache" switch as described in the first page of this topic. Or maybe some other memory problem. No one else has reported such a problem so far. :roll:
notice: the cant 1007 have the name is hs 129
the Marder 2 d have no picture the marder 2 d Trop have a picture
can not see the landminefields on the map
can not see the trade routes
can not see the a and b etc... by kiew and leningrad etc...
Again, I checked these and could not replicate them like that. The name of the CANT Z.1007bis unit in my version is "4ª Sqd. Aer. BT" which stands for 4. Squadra Aerea Bombardamento (roughly: 4th Area Bomber Command). The Marder IID has proper photo and the Marder IID has no tropicalized version.

Maybe there is some installation problem here.
JimmyC wrote:After defeating Torch and moving to recapture North Africa, I noticed that there is a significant force in Morocco just sitting there (west of the neutral territory). I’m guessing that you deliberately put it there to make recapturing NA a bit harder, but wanted to confirm (as it could be that they just got stuck by a bugged AI script).
I did not want these units to stay there (it is some AI misbehaviour), but to be honest, I do not really mind. They can act like garrison units defending the western part of North Africa and making it harder for players to easily capture all the towns there which would be empty otherwise.
I noticed you made some changes to Overlord. It seems there are more bunkers provided to the Axis player and the additional city on the Loire west of Orleans adds some extra dynamic to the defence. There is also the feeling (true or not I don’t know) that Allied air power is increased. I had the strongest air defence yet of any of my playthroughs (more AA of which some was upgraded, 4 FW 190’s, 2 Ju 88G) and yet I am overwhelmed. The mustangs are just so powerful – I foolishly left one of my FW 190’s out of wurzburg radar range and saw it annihilated by 2 mustangs (my Fw was at full strength, had 2 stars and a +1 defence hero!).
I think it is quite correct as the Allies had complete air superiority in the west, even though the Luftwaffe sent more and more units there from the east and by mid 1944 something like 70-80 percent of the single engine day fighters were stationed in the west. Only 3 Jagdgeschwaders remained in the east: JG 51, 52 and 54, the rest operated in the the West or in Germany or North Italy. Even this concentration was not enough as the Luftwaffe was largely defeated by early 1945.
Also the Allied strat and tactical bombers are often overstrength and use the tactic of attacking and suppressing my AA first, before attacking by troops. Very hard to combat and it really restricts mobility as any troops outside of AA cover will be punished (although they are sometimes punished regardless!).
Sure, the AI has a tendency to only attack if it gets at least a favourable 0:1 loss to kill combat prediction. However with 10 stength strategic bombers it often only gets 0:0 or even worse against FlaK so it does not attack ground units at all as for that the nearby FlaK should be suppressed first.

I think it is also realistic that Allied air power restricts Axis ground unit movements as it really was like that. Axis motorized units were only allowed to move at night and even then they had serious shortage of fuel, again, largely caused by the air campaign.
ImageImage
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hi,

This is a splendid mod like the version 1.7 I tested before. You need hours of free time...

I played 23 turns so far with version 1.9 at Sergeant level and this is not easy, OK I am not a good player but anyway it's fun even if we cannot purchase units (dismantling existing ones is risky).

Just a question: any chance to make your e-file compatible with vanilla e-file ?
I am looking for an e-file using most of Bebro icons and the e-file you are using here is the case.
In other words could you make it available for standard campaigns ?

Thx

Robert
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

McGuba wrote:
JimmyC wrote:After defeating Torch and moving to recapture North Africa, I noticed that there is a significant force in Morocco just sitting there (west of the neutral territory). I’m guessing that you deliberately put it there to make recapturing NA a bit harder, but wanted to confirm (as it could be that they just got stuck by a bugged AI script).
Rather than attacking this group I just went around them over the hills to the south and captured all the cities in Nth Africa. But on capturing the final city the enemy concentration activated and started advancing towards Tunis. It caught me off guard as i had already transferred most of my force to Europe.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Does the author of the Battle in Asia or the middle East ?
Such conflicts as the War in Korea 1950-53 , the Arab-Israeli war 1947-1949 years, Suez crisis 1956, the six day war 1967 , the Yom Kippur War of 1973 and so on .
http://nnm2.com/blogs/lisrnd/voyna-sudn ... o-i-zhizn/
tactical22
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by tactical22 »

McGuba this mod is a master piece!!!. What about third world war with the same map but totally new events and de CCCP attacking the NATO countries?
Regards

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”