Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

NiMa
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v1.9

Post by NiMa »

I am REALLY devastated that as a Mac user there is not an easy way at all (or in most of the cases including mine no way whatsoever) to play this superbly fantastic MoD and enjoy endless hours of fun! I have tried countless times during the last month and for whatever bloody technical reason could not install it. This really makes most of the Mac users who love Panzer Corps and especially this truly fantastic MoD feel being discriminated as we cannot play it neither on Mac or iPad. So we just are doomed to only read posts and comments about Battlefield Europe and literally fantasise it! Feeling utterly disappointed. It's just SUCH A SHAME :(((((((((((((((((
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I am sorry and I feel with you and I also saw that you addressed it for PzC 2 already. However, I think even for PC users the installation of mods should be further simplified by the developers.
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

I am really sorry as well, if only I could help, but unfortunately I never had a Mac so I have no idea how it works. As far as I know the Mac conversion was given to a 3rd party who did not do a great job as anyways some game mechanics are missing from that one, so even if you manage to install it somehow the mod may not work as intended (altough I might be wrong).

It may sound silly, but all I can suggest is to perhaps purchase a cheap second hand PC laptop and run PzC on that one. Being an old game, the system requirements are fairly low and even when it was new it did not require a top machine. I made most of the mod up to like v1.7-1.8 on a laptop which I bought ten years ago and I guess laptops like that are dirt cheap these days. However, I fully understand if you want to stick to your Mac.

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:02 pm I think even for PC users the installation of mods should be further simplified by the developers.
Absolutely agree, there have been a number of people who failed to install this or any other complex mod for even the PC version. However, at least it is possible with some basic computer knowledge.

For the rest, the next version of the mod is about to bring quite a few changes so some of the strategies and tactics that were discussed here may not work in the future, or at least not in the hardest version, which I am testing at the moment. :wink: The multiplayer test play has proved to be especially productive as it gave me lots of ideas how to add more features that would increase realism in the single player version as well. Of course the idea was to make it as similar as possible to playing against another human opponent.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello McGuba,
Am looking forward to testing your next version.
So far, I've never been disappointed (even if I do not win ... but this is a historic result no?)
I'm still having fun with Panzer Corps.
Thanks again for what you do.

Best regards
Yves
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

sn0wball wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:14 am I think you may only need a repaired Kriegsmarine in case you go for Operation Sealion in 42 or 43...
That´s what I am trying now. April 1942: London has fallen. It only diverted about 20 ground units ... and ALL air units. Still, I have no trouble to keep the channel free of the Royal Navy.

If London has already fallen, then anyway, on the day of Operation D, an armada of US and British ships will appear at the strait in 1944 !? :D
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

uzbek2012 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:54 pm
sn0wball wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:14 am I think you may only need a repaired Kriegsmarine in case you go for Operation Sealion in 42 or 43...
That´s what I am trying now. April 1942: London has fallen. It only diverted about 20 ground units ... and ALL air units. Still, I have no trouble to keep the channel free of the Royal Navy.

If London has already fallen, then anyway, on the day of Operation D, an armada of US and British ships will appear at the strait in 1944 !? :D
Usually it won't appear, i.e. you can avoid Operation Overlord (as well as a British invasion to Norway) as long as you can hold at least one victory objective in the UK. If I am not mistaken, Operation Overlord is triggered around turn 73, so you would need to capture (and hold) an objective by turn 72 latest I think.

However, amphibious operations in the Mediterranean Sea are not impacted by this... there it is about holding Tunis and/or Sicily...
MjrOu812
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by MjrOu812 »

Cant wait to play this mod got it loaded in the GME. just got to finish Africa campaign using couple of mods...can someone tell me when I start this mod where is it located, in the menu screen? is it located in the classified folder? thanks
MjrOu812
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by MjrOu812 »

Never mind couple buddies over on steam told me...its in the main menu. They say its a good mod!
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 amThanks, it’s very interesting to read how others approach this map, I am with you on most points. When do you attack Moscow, i.e. after turn 11?
I move to seize the Rzhev-Mozhaisk-Kaluga line as quickly as humanly possible. Using the panzerblitz and recon cars paving the way to Smolenk, and then moving infantry up. I make sure my defensive position is solid at the Mozhaisk line and to the north to turn away the Soviet winter counteroffensives. After that, I secure my position around Novgorod and work to control the Leningrad-Kalinin-Moscow railway. Using my artillery and bombers (again I consolidate all strategic bombers between army group center and north into one force) pounding away at the Leningrad, Orianenbaum, and Moscow defenses. Artillery is key here pounding away at individual Soviet units trapping them between the Mozhaisk line and Moscow. By Late Spring/Early Summer I'm ready to roll over onto the offensive.
sn0wball wrote:I found that immediately attacking Malta is worthwhile. You need to devote only 3 or 4 planes to it. I will move a German tactical bomber to the med for this job.

I have never tried upgrading much outside the cheap upgrade paths - which are rare in artillery or AA here. Isn´t it too expensive ?
Trust me, move down the AA from Crete to Tobruk and upgrade it to an 88. Worth every penny, then I upgrade the Italian AA to a 90mm. I keep the Italians updated immediately because their equipment is so inferior. At El Alamein, I I have generally have 2 88s and the 90mm as my defensive line backed by 3 149mms and Rommel upgraded to a IVG y the time the Allies counterattack there. I generally never move down anything from the Eastern Front. I find that the Italian airforce (and Marseille when he appears) concentrated (along with the Fw-200 that I bring down from the Atlantic) is sufficient in dealing with British airpower in the region.
sn0wball wrote:Agree. Before the fuel shortages, I would sweep the Regina Marina east to clear the Med of all mobile ships. In previous games, were I did not ignore the African theatre, I usually transferred a Ju88 to the med for anti-shipping duty and a reconnaissance plane.

When I was intend on taking Africa, I found it useful to take Cyprus for its airport. It can be done by two infantry units per sea.
I'll move Student and the Brandenburgers over to Cyprus and seize it. Too dangerous to send infantry by sea that's crawling with Royal Navy destroyers and renegade planes. The Italians are only effective when concentrated, so I keep them around Malta, Sicily, and Sardinia. It's too time consuming to try to dislodge the Royal Navy from around Alexandria.
sn0wball wrote:This time I didn´t, since I never found a use for these ships in the North Sea anyway. Tirpitz is enough to deter any Norway invasion. Scharnhorst and Gneiseau were useful in repelling Overlord when kept in France.
Again, I like to concentrate all of my Kriegsmarine surface and uboat units into one force off of Norway. I use destroyers backed by uboats and capital ships to pick off the mines close to the British coast and start attacking Scapa Flow and try to bust through there getting several RN units out of the way.
sn0wball wrote:So, you don´t sit out the siege, but actively attack Leningrad? I have not tried that yet. I usually man the (B) hexes with second line troops and wait it out until 43 or 44.
I put myself into a position where the Soviets attack me and lose their advantages/entrenchment then I focus on one unit at a time. It's more practical than sitting there for years trying to starve them out.
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

For example, here's my Tobruk position at the end of the first turn:

slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

Turn 2 situation around Tobruk. Crusader smashed outside Fort Capuzzo and entrenched infantry gone.

NiMa

Post by NiMa »

McGuba wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 pm I am really sorry as well, if only I could help, but unfortunately I never had a Mac so I have no idea how it works. As far as I know the Mac conversion was given to a 3rd party who did not do a great job as anyways some game mechanics are missing from that one, so even if you manage to install it somehow the mod may not work as intended (altough I might be wrong).

It may sound silly, but all I can suggest is to perhaps purchase a cheap second hand PC laptop and run PzC on that one. Being an old game, the system requirements are fairly low and even when it was new it did not require a top machine. I made most of the mod up to like v1.7-1.8 on a laptop which I bought ten years ago and I guess laptops like that are dirt cheap these days. However, I fully understand if you want to stick to your Mac.

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:02 pm I think even for PC users the installation of mods should be further simplified by the developers.
Absolutely agree, there have been a number of people who failed to install this or any other complex mod for even the PC version. However, at least it is possible with some basic computer knowledge.

For the rest, the next version of the mod is about to bring quite a few changes so some of the strategies and tactics that were discussed here may not work in the future, or at least not in the hardest version, which I am testing at the moment. :wink: The multiplayer test play has proved to be especially productive as it gave me lots of ideas how to add more features that would increase realism in the single player version as well. Of course the idea was to make it as similar as possible to playing against another human opponent.

Thanks McGuba. I wish you could somehow cooperate with PzC2 devs to make this MoD a great DLC for the upcoming Panzer Corps. I really hope they contact you if they haven't done it yet! :)
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

Situation after turn 3. Question: How do you all approach Tobruk? I always assault it immediately.

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

This looks very efficient, I used to take too much time in all my playthroughs, incl. in my AAR... So the pillboxes don't shoot at you at all? The 8.8 is good againt pillboxes though....
JimmyC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by JimmyC »

Indeed it looks super efficient. I usually pull back to deal with Crusader first and then only assault Tobruk once i've got the support of the Regia Marina to bombard the defenders. So i dont normally commence the assault until early '42.

You seem to suffer very few casualties, especially considering the overstrength artillery backing up the infantry and pillbox. Do you use reloads until you get a favorable outcome?
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:48 pm This looks very efficient, I used to take too much time in all my playthroughs, incl. in my AAR... So the pillboxes don't shoot at you at all? The 8.8 is good againt pillboxes though....
I've played this scenario dozens of times and have always had the same result. If the pillboxes do attack, the initiative passes over to the defenders (except the MB41 which always takes heavy damage). The Italian aircraft (I bring the bomber and fighter down from Sicily) assist with attacking the entrenched units and warships. The planes and AA can more than keep the British at bay in this region.
JimmyC wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:56 am Indeed it looks super efficient. I usually pull back to deal with Crusader first and then only assault Tobruk once i've got the support of the Regia Marina to bombard the defenders. So i dont normally commence the assault until early '42.

You seem to suffer very few casualties, especially considering the overstrength artillery backing up the infantry and pillbox. Do you use reloads until you get a favorable outcome?
Almost never reload. As stated, letting the pillboxes attack first makes them lose their initiative. Just be sure to make sure your units aren't boxed in and surrender.
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

I have taken a little bit more time against Tobruk. I use the 88 and the Panzer III to ambush the british reinforcements (the Mathildas), which the Italians attack the hex on the south, between the pillboxes, when you are backed by artillery the pillboxes are pretty harmless. The defenders reduce themselves by attacking you.
panzerdim
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by panzerdim »

Kamaraden, please help.

it is a not gamepaly problem but a technical problem but I really need advise from experienced guys.

I have a problem to play any mods and game modding.

I have an installed PC Gold Edition Steam version.

In main PC folder I have autorun, PanzerCorps.exe and editor files and not any subfolders inside main Panzer Coprs folder. Instead sub-folders I have a huge unpacked file 1.4 Gb named PanzerCorps.dat.

All vanilla campaigns and DLCs are worked very well.

Then I try to install any mod I have a problem.
For example, I try to install BE v1.9. accorfing instaliing guide.
I do it many times step-by step using last version of JSGME and by the second way using files copy-paste options/

JSGME installed properly , snapshot folders were created in MOD folders. These folders are Data, Audio,. Expansion and etc.

But then I run PC.exe I have run a standard Gold Edition screen. No BE starting screen, no additional button More Campaign, no any options to choose BE campaign anywhere.

I tried to load Saves from BE mod which are included in mod pack and they are loading but not work. They are became like "freezing picture" after loading though standard Load Game menu.

So, I suppose that the problem is that in my main PC folders I have only unpacked .dat file instead of many subfolders /

Also , without any unpacked file like a campaign or equipment files I cannot make any modding.

Previously I was very experienced with modding of classic PG and PG2 but with PC I became a stupid guy.

Please advise.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

panzerdim wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 pm I have an installed PC Gold Edition Steam version.

In main PC folder I have autorun, PanzerCorps.exe and editor files and not any subfolders inside main Panzer Coprs folder. Instead sub-folders I have a huge unpacked file 1.4 Gb named PanzerCorps.dat.
I don't have Steam so my advise might be limited, i.e. regarding the unpacked zip, don't know. It's different on my machine.
panzerdim wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 pm I have run a standard Gold Edition screen. No BE starting screen, no additional button More Campaign, no any options to choose BE campaign anywhere.
Up until including BE version 1.9 you will see the Gold Edition screen even when you have BE installed, no BE start screen yet. The BE campaign (once installed) is accessible via the main Wehrmacht screen.
panzerdim wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 pm I tried to load Saves from BE mod which are included in mod pack and they are loading but not work. They are became like "freezing picture" after loading though standard Load Game menu.
Yes, normal. They load as they are normal Panzer Corps save files but won't work as they can't pull the right unit icons, etc.
panzerdim wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 pm So, I suppose that the problem is that in my main PC folders I have only unpacked .dat file instead of many subfolders /
I think so, too... but other users with Steam got BE to work as far as I know... if nobody else replies, have you tried reinstalling PzC?
panzerdim
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by panzerdim »

Thanks for reply

Sorry guys,

I misinform you. I have not a steam version but Panzer Corps Gold Download Edition installed directly from Sitherine site

This is a screen of my main PC folder . You can see that folder content a minimal number of files and not any subfolders. But all campaigns and DLCs are worked very well
Attachments
Main foder PC.png
Main foder PC.png (214.02 KiB) Viewed 3048 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”